Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Graphics

1234568»

Comments

• KumaponKumapon Member RarePosts: 1,358
    edited December 2017
    This is what Pantheon looked liked before Joppa arrived...lol

Needless to say, it has come a long ways, and it will get better. 
    DullahanKiori001KilsinAelious
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,534
    They should save that sorceress walk animation for when players have been drinking.
    KumaponKilsin

• TwystedWizTwystedWiz Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Konfess said:
    @Kyleran, I wouldn't call Visionary Realms Inc an indie game developer.  I reserve that for those who have never worked on a commercial released game.  /snip
    Indie = Independent, as in not associated with a major publisher/distributor, responsible for securing their own funding for their own development, you know, independently. 

Being an independent developer has absolutely nothing to do with work history or experience.  It's really more about structure and finance.
    svanndelete5230
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,572
    edited December 2017
    Kumapon said:
    This is what Pantheon looked liked before Joppa arrived...lol

Needless to say, it has come a long ways, and it will get better. 

A few things I would like to say about this "early stage" clip:

- As opposed to other "early stage" developer graphics, it has the makings of Everquest 2 and Vanguard coding.  Fading in and out landscape, players and environment floating, washed out graphics from a medium distance. 

Now I don't care what it looks like.  BUT it looks like the same bad coding. 

I just hope Joppa isn't just making the bad coding LOOK NICE like more recent clips !!! 

- Asian graphic developers can make cartoon graphics look great, FF14, BDO 
    - Western graphic developers can make cartoon graphics look great, WoW, GW2 
    - Darkfall Unholy Wars by Aventurine was the only truly well coded realistic mmo, with Elder   Scrolls Online being a close runner up in my opinion. 

- Graphics are all opinions, coding is not ! 
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,037
    Gyva02 said:
    Scolioz said:
    I played AC1 for 2 years before finally trying EQ.. The first impression I had of EQ when I first logged in was that the graphics were shit... the game moved slow as hell.. and the zoning sucked... 

In AC1 your character ran like a jack rabbit on speed when you put tons of points into running skill..  everything felt quicker and more fluid..  EQ1 just felt like a retirement home in comparison..

Lol.  Preach!
    Gyva02
  • scooby1971scooby1971 Member UncommonPosts: 17

In my observation and it's only my opinion, the game looks exactly like Vanguard but 10% better.  But I don't care about better or even looking like Vanguard at all.  I don't care about graphics...... I care about coding, programming, hardware and software compatibles and smooth gameplay.

Eye candy is no good without game play although I'd say Pantheon is more than 10% ahead in the graphical department than Vanguard, and it's still early doors. Yes VR are focusing more on game play but their certainly not neglecting the games visuals.

svann
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,572
    edited December 2017
    @scooby1971 ;
    You could have picked a better comparison model for Pantheon, because the Vanguard one looks better in your examples.  

In my view when I say 10% better, that's not a dig, Both look nice and so far Pantheon really does look better. 

EVERYONE has different perspectives.  All my years on this site graphics quality has been an argument.  Theirs been times where posters stick up for the ugliest looking video games and many will agree.  It's an imposable equation.... Visuals are not something that could be punched into a computer and see what comes out. 

What I worry about is similarities in coding from an outsiders perspective !!  
    Doing the same thing over, expecting different results !!   

Someone posted a write up from Brad saying he never had the time to fix Vanguard before it was released.  It would be a relief to know that's the case and Pantheon will be better.  However SOE stated they couldn't fix it.  Maybe they didn't understand or didn't want too, I don't know I'm not a programmer.     
    Post edited by delete5230 on