Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV - Koji Fox on What Makes Eorzean Lore So Important Part 2 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFinal Fantasy XIV - Koji Fox on What Makes Eorzean Lore So Important Part 2 - MMORPG.com

Final Fantasy XIV’s lifeblood, aside from being Final Fantasy, is its story. We managed to catch up with Square Enix’s Koji Fox to chat about the MMORPG’s ongoing lore development, story, and secrets of the Eorzean narrative. Read on for part two of our interview with Koji Fox, the Co-Lead World and Lore Developer on the massively successful game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    the inability to skip the inane story of this game is the greatest reason I always burn out and stop playing

regardless of the sweeping epic story, it is filled with a GIGANTIC amount of typical kill/fetch quests and the vast majority of them are barely related to the story. Just transparent time sinks.

MMO's have some of the slowest paced stories in all of gaming. They could be condensed to a 30 minute short story easily but are then filled with 30-60 hours of sheer time wasting kill/fetch quests.

yep thats 30-60 hours of sheer boredom if you aren't entertained by inane kill/fetch quests

I firmly believe that there should be multiple paths to max level, and max level activities. Some people like to do it through pvp, others through dungeons, some through crafting, many through questing. Usually everyone does a mix of varying ratios. Currently FF14 leaves very little ratio choice as to the questing.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

the inability to skip the inane story of this game is the greatest reason I always burn out and stop playing

regardless of the sweeping epic story, it is filled with a GIGANTIC amount of typical kill/fetch quests and the vast majority of them are barely related to the story. Just transparent time sinks.

MMO's have some of the slowest paced stories in all of gaming. They could be condensed to a 30 minute short story easily but are then filled with 30-60 hours of sheer time wasting kill/fetch quests.

yep thats 30-60 hours of sheer boredom if you aren't entertained by inane kill/fetch quests

I firmly believe that there should be multiple paths to max level, and max level activities. Some people like to do it through pvp, others through dungeons, some through crafting, many through questing. Usually everyone does a mix of varying ratios. Currently FF14 leaves very little ratio choice as to the questing.

Almost every final fantasy game can be cut down to a few hours, but no they tend to drag on for 40 -60 hours first play throughs.
    JB9087