Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Long awaited Dev update! 24 September, 2017

SarreneSarrene Member UncommonPosts: 38
edited September 2017 in The Repopulation
The latest update from the Dev Team has arrived. The Team has continued to work towards resolving the issue with Patch 10.1. Your continued patience has been greatly appreciated as we determine the best course of action to bring you this patch. We hope to shed a bit of light on the internal workings of the patching issue, and the progress that has been made.

In addition, we've included an update on ongoing Art and Lore related projects. We hope you enjoy a glimpse into the future for Rhyldan that is Condorslug.

Included in our update is information about steam changes, build update and up coming changes in the world and art.

Check out the full update on our forums here: https://therepopulation.com/forums/repopulation/news-and-announcements/update-09-24-17-13155

We love to hear from you on our site! All feedback is welcome.
Post edited by Sarrene on

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited September 2017
    So when is the update? I clicked the tread thinking yaaay the 10.1 update is finally here and just got news why the 10.1 update isn't here yet.

MrMelGibson
  • SarreneSarrene Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Evening Asheram,
    That is a very good point! I edited the post topic to say ".. Dev update .." since no one has posted here in a while.

However, the update does also explain what we have been doing and working on, as well as the "why's" since a lot have been asking us what has taken so long since we came back up and started working on Repop in March of this year.

The community on the official forums, Steam and Discord have been great with their feedback, both positive and negative constructive criticism. It has really helped us a lot since we took over development from ABT in March and move forward. We hope to see that feedback continue.

:)

AsheramHolyAvengerOneOctagon7711
  • HolyAvengerOneHolyAvengerOne Member UncommonPosts: 708
    There has been very little activity on the official channels this year, and whenever it picked up, it would die just as fast.

The why is also rather simple. The IF Studio team didn't have what it takes to handle a situation like this one, both from a technical and a PR standpoint. I also believe they didn't properly assess the workload involved before getting into that deal, and didn't pour enough resources into reviving the game.

All in all, I'm no longer expecting anything else than a couple patches bringing incremental changes before the game completely dies off due to lack of resources.
This discussion has been closed.