Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best outer space game?

13»

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member RarePosts: 2,237
    edited September 2017
    Sandmanjw said:
    thunderC said:
    OK, thanks!  I only have a keyboard and mouse for input.  I'm afraid flight in E:D might me a little complex for my tastes.  Stellaris sounds like a more relaxing experience.
    Yes Elite Dangerous is very complex to learn, at least for me it was and a flight stick is REQUIRED, but the payoff of learning the controls is rewarded with the most immersive space sim you will ever play, Its pretty amazing, But yeah you will need to put in the time to learn how to fly.
    A joystick/flight stick is not in anyway "required".

As a matter of fact there are many that prefer to use mouse and keyboard to control and play ED.

One vid on youtube of one that uses mouse and keyboard.

I also use mouse and keyboard to play, but i also use voice attack as well. Takes a lot of the key pushing out of the game for me, but the keys are still there and work as well.

I have a Thrustmaster hotas setup i have used, but still prefer mouse and keyboard for ED.

So do not let not having a certain setup stop you from playing the game.  Now it IS definitely a game that takes time to learn and get good at no matter your control setup you end up using.

Complex game, yes for sure, and still my pick of the best "outer space" game that it is out right now.

E D and Eve on-line are really the only games that i would call outer space games that are worth a look if you want more of a game that you control a ship.  But i prefer PVE so eve is out for me.

If you like just the space part then one of the others that were mentioned (the 4X games) may be fine. 

It is required for many people, I play all my games with KB and mouse but when it comes to driving games and space games I totally suck using a mouse and kb.   I find it so much easier and real and can feel the drive or flight so much better.

If I had to use KB or mouse to play ED or any other type game I would simply not play.

Post edited by Asm0deus on
    Gdemami

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• SandmanjwSandmanjw Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Asm0deus said:
    It is required for many people, I play all my games with KB and mouse but when it comes to driving games and space games I totally suck using a mouse and kb.   I find it so much easier and real and can feel the drive or flight so much better.

If I had to use KB or mouse to play ED or any other type game I would simply not play.

It is not "required'  

You are saying you prefer that setup. Well others prefer Keyboard and mouse, and others still,  prefer controllers.  

Totally different words that mean totally different things. Required and prefer....

Sorry, but you were putting bad info out there, something that was just not true.  

• TillerTiller Member RarePosts: 6,653
    Did anyone Mention SPAZ or SPAZ 2 (which is currently on sale)?
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,274
    Star Citizen which was released in 2025.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 1,896
    edited September 2017
    Post edited by bartoni33 on
    Torval

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.