Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance - PAX West 2017 - Trion's Recommitment to the Game - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited September 2017

Sigh, all the Defiance big new open world arcs culminate in  events that just doesn't work right.  Friends and foes randomly disappear, reappear, blink around,  take you down without being in sight, etc.   And have for as long as I can recall.   That sort of accepted failure is not going to draw a big crowd to the game. 

That is because the game got completely revamped after launch due to the Cash Shop implementation!

The game didn't had any levels at launch and was purely based on horizontal progression. That's why so many people loved the game at launch (me included) !

But their cash shop wasn't selling because they sold crap no one wanted, so they suddenly revamped it into a level based system that went completely out of control, to force you to constantly upgrade your weapons and push people to buy Lockboxes in the Cash Shop!

The problem now is (and always has been since the revamp) is that the Public events spawn max level monsters and you get only level boosted when you get within range! This is just utter fail, since these enemy mobs roam around beyond the range limit and so low level players got constantly insta killed left and right in the world with no idea where it came from and what hit them!

The game is just utterly broken and unfixable at this point!

You would think after the most famous fiasco of all time. SOE's NGE update in SWG, that developers would have taken notice to NEVER EVER redesign/revamp CORE game mechanics AFTER a game has been launched and has PAYING customers! /FACEPALM
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    JeroKane said:

Sigh, all the Defiance big new open world arcs culminate in  events that just doesn't work right.  Friends and foes randomly disappear, reappear, blink around,  take you down without being in sight, etc.   And have for as long as I can recall.   That sort of accepted failure is not going to draw a big crowd to the game. 

That is because the game got completely revamped after launch due to the Cash Shop implementation!

The game didn't had any levels at launch and was purely based on horizontal progression. That's why so many people loved the game at launch (me included) !

But their cash shop wasn't selling because they sold crap no one wanted, so they suddenly revamped it into a level based system that went completely out of control, to force you to constantly upgrade your weapons and push people to buy Lockboxes in the Cash Shop!

The problem now is (and always has been since the revamp) is that the Public events spawn max level monsters and you get only level boosted when you get within range! This is just utter fail, since these enemy mobs roam around beyond the range limit and so low level players got constantly insta killed left and right in the world with no idea where it came from and what hit them!

You would think after the most famous fiasco of all time. SOE's NGE update in SWG, that developers would have taken notice to NEVER EVER redesign/revamp CORE game mechanics AFTER a game has been launched and has PAYING customers! /FACEPALM
      no levels on launch? I think you are high, you do have lvls since beta, but the lvls was bound to skills you could use and learn(well passives and 4 actives)
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Wife and I really enjoyed Defiance. It's just that some other games came out.. and then some other games, and then more games. We just never got back around to it.

And now we've both been spending way more time playing PS4 games together. I'd love to see Defiance come to PS4. I think we'd play the heck out of it then.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited September 2017
    JeroKane said:

no levels on launch? I think you are high, you do have lvls since beta, but the lvls was bound to skills you could use and learn(well passives and 4 actives)

That was only for Skills in the skill tree. This had nothing to do with your Power level nor anything with the weapons, which had a horizontal progression through mods.

To get the best weapons and mods, you just had to grind certain factions to get the best stuff and it was actually quite balanced.
    This was also great, since you could opt for that specific weapon that looked cool and then mod it along the way.

But since no one was buying stuff from the Cash Shop, which was cosmetic only at the time, they redesigned the whole core of the game and tied Weapons to Power level, so people suddenly were forced to constantly upgrade their weapons endlessly when they increased their Power levels.  All this so they could stuff it all in Lock boxes and make it Pay 2 Win!!

This whole Core gameplay redesign wrecked the game beyond repair! /facepalm