Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny 2 . . . what is there to do?

esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
I've pre-ordered the PC version, the beta was solid and fun . . . but it seemed pretty limited gameplay wise.
Is there anything to do aside from finish whatever mission you have as quickly as possible?
Exploration seemed pointless in beta, and there is no crafting, correct?
Borderlands had rewards for exploration, there was no crafting but they added grinding in the Pre-sequel. Even Warframe rewards exploration.
I'm just curious what to expect.

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If you watch any of the destiny streams, 1 or 2 honestly doesn't matter, it will give you a good idea of what the game is about. Not entirely sure what you mean about them adding grinding, as thats always been a part of the game? honestly if you don't enjoy loot'em shooters i am not sure what to tell you. Destiny 1 was/is a fun game, Destiny 2 looks to be following in the same lines, i think as long as you don't get involved in the microtransaction thing, which many are calling for players to boycot until they change the nature of the shaders etc. then it looks to be just as much fun as the first.

ConstantineMerusMrMelGibson
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 412
    Destiny 2 will have to push out updates alot faster this time, PC players doesn't have the same amount of patience.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Expect lots of shooting guns.

And lots of whining over loot boxes and such.

That about sums it up.

I'm having fun on PS4, although it's still early on.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Phry said:
    If you watch any of the destiny streams, 1 or 2 honestly doesn't matter, it will give you a good idea of what the game is about. Not entirely sure what you mean about them adding grinding, as thats always been a part of the game? honestly if you don't enjoy loot'em shooters i am not sure what to tell you. Destiny 1 was/is a fun game, Destiny 2 looks to be following in the same lines, i think as long as you don't get involved in the microtransaction thing, which many are calling for players to boycot until they change the nature of the shaders etc. then it looks to be just as much fun as the first.

Ah, I meant to clarify that for those that haven't played BL the Pre-Sequel, Grinding allows you to put an assortment of different equipment into a Grinder to get a better piece of equipment. Just another use for all of the trash guns you get.

I primarily wanted to know if there is anything to gain from wandering. No point of an open world if there is no reason not to go right to the next mission marker. In Borderlands you can find hidden chests, collection items, missions, funny characters.

I heard the shader thing was blown a bit out of proportion, as you get a lot of shaders just playing the game.