Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Characters will need to poop in Star Citizen....

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Rhoklaw said:
    Actually, I can't wait till they implement the clogging mechanic. When the toilet floods the entire ship, causing severe short circuits and damaged instruments. Then you have to send out a distress beacon to get towed to the nearest space port where you can see everyone in the windows pointing and laughing as you dock.
    Dont worry the "Space Plumbers" have got you covered, we are thorough and discreet. ;)
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Rockard said:
    I don't give a sh!t.
    Debuff for you!
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Asheram said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Actually, I can't wait till they implement the clogging mechanic. When the toilet floods the entire ship, causing severe short circuits and damaged instruments. Then you have to send out a distress beacon to get towed to the nearest space port where you can see everyone in the windows pointing and laughing as you dock.
    Dont worry the "Space Plumbers" have got you covered, we are thorough and discreet. ;)
    Like the "Fuel Rats" in E:D .... ;-)

Have fun
    ConstantineMerus
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    They're talking long-term diseases, too.  I think these guys really have their finger on the pulse of "fun."  I can't wait to catch space herpes!
    Researching a disease cure on an Endeavor science ship. A race against time. Bringing the vaccine to those in need through pirate controlled space. 

Sounds cool.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Researching a disease cure on an Endeavor science ship. A race against time. Bringing the vaccine to those in need through pirate controlled space. 

Sounds cool.

Have fun

Or, more likely, just an annoying de-buff.
    mrputts
    Erillion said:

Sounds cool.

Have fun

Which can be cured by the vaccine I bring. And when bleed debuffs caused by disease stack, you die like everyone else. Anyone remember the Sarlacc pit debuff in SWG ? 

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

Sounds cool.

Have fun

Which can be cured by the vaccine I bring. And when bleed debuffs caused by disease stack, you die like everyone else. Anyone remember the Sarlacc pit debuff in SWG ? 

Have fun

Right, this sounds like an assload of fun for the players with the disease.  Sitting around waiting for a cure while slowly dying...nailed it!
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    I fail to see what they can do with a long term illness to make it interesting.

All you'll need to do is stock up on a meds that are nothing more than UI symbol and occassionally open your inventory and right click it. Zzzzzzz
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

Sounds cool.

Have fun

Have fun

Right, this sounds like an assload of fun for the players with the disease.  Sitting around waiting for a cure while slowly dying...nailed it!
    If you passively sit around and wait instead of blasting the pirates out of the sky so the aid convoy can make it through -  it's your own fault.

Have fun
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    edited September 2017
    I'd just like to point out that there's people here defending a choice from a development team to include defecating in their heroic space sim.

Star Citizens fans in a nutshell.

Now we just need mandatory nail clipping and hair cutting in-game or else our immersion will be broken.

..Cake..

I personally can do without this level of "realism". If someone else wants eating, drinking, pooping etc. for the immersion factor .., fine with me too.

Have fun
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Its only a matter of time now before some guild out there is created with the name 'turd flinging monkeys' ... :p
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    rpmcmurphy said:
    how far are they willing to take this nonsense?
    You heard a mention of something that isn't even confirmed, much less any details exist on it yet and you got quite salty about it...

Take a cup of tea and chill, or if you do care that much about something currently theoretical then give feedback about it in the places it will be heard. O.o
    Can the fans take your advice and do the same? CR makes mention of something years ago and you all go apeshit on theorycrafting how this mechanic is going to change the game and orgs are springing up about it and how it will be the most fun feature ever!
    CR is constantly being asked questions about what will be in the game.  He makes mention of everything.  So far the only thing I've heard he doesn't want in the game is a ship A.I. program, like the MERLIN system that was in the Wing Commander Movie, voiced by Mark Hamill.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    MaxBacon said:
    Why? You don't need to be that envoloped in a world to have fun roleplaying. Pooping just seems outrageous.
    I don't even, I'm friendly to RP but I never understood why people talked and still do talk about Toilets in ships so much.

For example, the old Cutlass was revamped for the next 3.0 update and its toilet was removed, so that became a topic. lol

In this aspect, I would say just have to eat time to time to not get debuffs, or even showering that makes sense in its RP nature, beds are embedded in gameplay (save game, recover, etc..), but toilets are meh.
    People asking for a somewhat realistic layout for the ships =/= you need to add some silly mechanic for it :eyeroll:

My guess would be that it was ARK inspired, because "omg, must copy popular game!" reasons.

Then again, who knows whether this actually sees the light of day. The original Istaria/Horizons had a gazillion features lined up, while the actual finished product ended up being much... leaner.
    Arglebargle

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Erillion said:

Sounds cool.

Have fun

Have fun
    You're bringing this vaccine from what ship exactly? The ship that doesn't exist in game yet?
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    rpmcmurphy said:
    You heard a mention of something that isn't even confirmed, much less any details exist on it yet and you got quite salty about it...

Take a cup of tea and chill, or if you do care that much about something currently theoretical then give feedback about it in the places it will be heard. O.o
    Can the fans take your advice and do the same? CR makes mention of something years ago and you all go apeshit on theorycrafting how this mechanic is going to change the game and orgs are springing up about it and how it will be the most fun feature ever!
    CR is constantly being asked questions about what will be in the game.  He makes mention of everything.  So far the only thing I've heard he doesn't want in the game is a ship A.I. program, like the MERLIN system that was in the Wing Commander Movie, voiced by Mark Hamill.
    Give it time. A game will come out that will be popular enough that will have an AI program in it and suddenly CR will be talking about this great new AI they will be implementing in all the ships but it's going to take another 3 years of dev time as they refactor all the ships to include this awesome new AI!
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    rpmcmurphy said:

CR has also said that there will not be playable alien races for now. 

Have fun
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Kefo said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    rpmcmurphy said:

Give it time. A game will come out that will be popular enough that will have an AI program in it and suddenly CR will be talking about this great new AI they will be implementing in all the ships but it's going to take another 3 years of dev time as they refactor all the ships to include this awesome new AI!
    No, Roberts will say it will be out next month, guaranteed!   But it will take three years of dev time to actually do it.   

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Kefo said:
    Kefo said:
    MaxBacon said:
    rpmcmurphy said:

No, Roberts will say it will be out next month, guaranteed!   But it will take three years of dev time to actually do it.   
    You're right. He would never actually admit they need to redo everything but just make grand promises to build up hype and have backers open their wallets month after month
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited September 2017
    Anarchy Online (Ao) had in game toilets back in '01, I'm impressed that the rest of you [mod edit] are just now having to consider this.  Those of us that have worked in Agriculture know that feces has always been used as fertilizer.  And we are mature enough to get over it.  Survival games often have waste collection as a component of their farming skill, for example look at Osiris: New Dawn.  It has waste collection and showers as part of its game mechanics, and the player base doesn't blink an eye.

I'm working on a game, I included waste collection and showers.  Why would a Hunter that has been out working all day be accepted at a Formal Dinner party that night smelling like that?  It's all part of the Influence Check, Negotiation, and Diplomacy.  I didn't complicate the mechanic with mini-games and animations.  The Player Character's Avatar (PC) stand in proximity to the device and presses the use key.  There are emotes for the use of each facility, for RP need.  And since my time in The Matrix Online (MxO), I have been a fan of dual PC emotes.

As for those of you that think you are funny.  You are not.  Those of us that re funny of thought of all of your poop jokes back when we were five (5) years old.  We thought of better jokes that you will never think of, or understand, when we were six (6) years old.  So quit it.  This is not about censorship, this is about clearing our lives of your good for nothing drivel.  

As for those complaining about the time that this game has been in development.  Remember, He / They are making the game that they want to make.  The player base / customers may think or feel that they have some say in this.  They don't.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    rpmcmurphyExcessionConstantineMeruslancerxxAzaron_Nightbladekikoodutroa8someforumguyErillionMadFrenchiePingu2012

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Chris Roberts said it best himself

"...Taking three and a half to four years to build a massive title just seems like a huge amount of effort. There needs to be a better way to do it."

It seems clear to me that the only thing he has learned from his 15 year hiatus is how to forget the lessons of his past.

FrodoFragins
  • lancerxxlancerxx Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Konfess said:
    Anarchy Online (Ao) had in game toilets back in '01, I'm impressed that the rest of you ass wipes are just now having to consider this.  Those of us that have worked in Agriculture know that feces has always been used as fertilizer.  And we are mature enough to get over it.  Survival games often have waste collection as a component of their farming skill, for example look at Osiris: New Dawn.  It has waste collection and showers as part of its game mechanics, and the player base doesn't blink an eye.

I'm working on a game, I included waste collection and showers.  Why would a Hunter that has been out working all day be accepted at a Formal Dinner party that night smelling like that?  It's all part of the Influence Check, Negotiation, and Diplomacy.  I didn't complicate the mechanic with mini-games and animations.  The Player Character's Avatar (PC) stand in proximity to the device and presses the use key.  There are emotes for the use of each facility, for RP need.  And since my time in The Matrix Online (MxO), I have been a fan of dual PC emotes.

As for those of you that think you are funny.  You are not.  Those of us that re funny of thought of all of your poop jokes back when we were five (5) years old.  We thought of better jokes that you will never think of, or understand, when we were six (6) years old.  So quit it.  This is not about censorship, this is about clearing our lives of your good for nothing drivel.  

As for those complaining about the time that this game has been in development.  Remember, He / They are making the game that they want to make.  The player base / customers may think or feel that they have some say in this.  They don't.

Umm the fact you worked with fertilizer is TMI :smiley:
    SBFordFrodoFraginsPingu2012
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Excession said:
    Konfess said:

Seriously though, who pissed on your corn flakes?
    More like crapped in them. ;)
    Another one of those bad jokes, just for you, @Konfess !
    kikoodutroa8rpmcmurphy

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    edited September 2017
    Excession said:
    Konfess said:
    Anarchy Online (Ao) had in game toilets back in '01, I'm impressed that the rest of you ass wipes are just now having to consider this.  Those of us that have worked in Agriculture know that feces has always been used as fertilizer.  And we are mature enough to get over it.  Survival games often have waste collection as a component of their farming skill, for example look at Osiris: New Dawn.  It has waste collection and showers as part of its game mechanics, and the player base doesn't blink an eye.

Show us on the doll where the bad thread touched you.

You really need to lighten up, calling a bunch of poster's ass wipes, posting a bunch of crap, then claiming other posts are nothing but drivel, touch of the pot calling the kettle there tbh.

Seriously though, who pissed on your corn flakes?
    Thank you for proving my point, all three of you.  I first heard the "Touched You There" joke back in 1968.  That makes your comment Unoriginal, Unimpressive, and Unproductive.  Clearly the Kettle is Chartreuse.  I'm sorry the truth ruined your internet experience.

I stop off here from developing games, to see what the public is think.  Time and Time again, y'all prove to me that the public is not thinking.
    lancerxxExcessionErillionMadFrenchiePingu2012

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.