Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes Base Class skills reveal

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,093
edited August 2017 in Ashes of Creation



DiuraTorvalJamesGoblinConstantineMerusOctagon7711
«1

Comments

  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,093
    edited August 2017
    Each class seems OP on some level. Its the extreme of what I would want a class to be if I was to play it. Like the Cleric, healing and doing damage at the same time. A large heal that will also res. Less mess on skills, seems like each skill does a few things. I love it.
    Post edited by Nanfoodle on
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,093
    Ranger skills: Hail of Arrows + Snipers eye, just WOW
  • DiuraDiura Member CommonPosts: 8
    Can't wait really excited! These are the classes available at PAX! Find out more about Ashes of Creation at PAX:
     http://www.ashesofcreation-the-odyssey.com/2017/08/ashes-of-creation-pax-west-sep-1-4-2017.html

    Sign up to Ashes of Creation! Currently in Pre-Alpha! 

    Keep up to date with news on Ashes of Creation with The Odyssey !
  • XareticXaretic Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Can't wait for Ashes of Creations to at least have a playable alpha!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,025
    Xaretic said:
    Can't wait for Ashes of Creations to at least have a playable alpha!
    They appear to be progressing at a rate far in excess of most other indie efforts, they may well release a playable alpha much sooner than most.
    ConstantineMerusCazrielOctagon7711

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,933
    Kyleran said:
    Xaretic said:
    Can't wait for Ashes of Creations to at least have a playable alpha!
    They appear to be progressing at a rate far in excess of most other indie efforts, they may well release a playable alpha much sooner than most.
    They also seem to have put together a viable team earlier than most. It shows.
    CazrielOctagon7711
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

    "... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,025
    edited August 2017
    Nanfoodle said:
    Each class seems OP on some level. Its the extreme of what I would want a class to be if I was to play it. Like the Cleric, healing and doing damage at the same time. A large heal that will also res. Less mess on skills, seems like each skill does a few things. I love it.
    Actually this standard class design is a bit of a negative for me, in particular when it seems to be missing some like crowd controllers, buffers/debuffers and speeders.

    Perhaps those are still pending,  or specialties of some sort?

    Any idea what typical group size is?

    pantaroOctagon7711

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I think I'm finally done with fantasy MMORPG's, lol

    There's nothing wrong with these classes as such, they simply don't excite me at all...
    KyleranpantaroPhry
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,093
    Kyleran said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Each class seems OP on some level. Its the extreme of what I would want a class to be if I was to play it. Like the Cleric, healing and doing damage at the same time. A large heal that will also res. Less mess on skills, seems like each skill does a few things. I love it.
    Actually this standard class design is a bit of a negative for me, in particular when it seems to be missing some like crowd controllers, buffers/debuffers and speeders.

    Perhaps those are still pending,  or specialties of some sort?

    Any idea what typical group size is?

    Max group size at this point is 8. Steve said they are bringing back roll/class interdependency. This game will rely heavy on teaming and having a good balance of classes. 
    KyleranOctagon7711
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,025
    Nanfoodle said:
    Kyleran said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Each class seems OP on some level. Its the extreme of what I would want a class to be if I was to play it. Like the Cleric, healing and doing damage at the same time. A large heal that will also res. Less mess on skills, seems like each skill does a few things. I love it.
    Actually this standard class design is a bit of a negative for me, in particular when it seems to be missing some like crowd controllers, buffers/debuffers and speeders.

    Perhaps those are still pending,  or specialties of some sort?

    Any idea what typical group size is?

    Max group size at this point is 8. Steve said they are bringing back roll/class interdependency. This game will rely heavy on teaming and having a good balance of classes. 
    Good to hear, I applaud larger group sizes for several reasons so glad to see it not being 4 or 5.
    Nanfoodle

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    edited August 2017
    Really like what I see so far except one thing:
    Are they really calling the class Tank? That's a role, not a class! And besides it's too technical a term.
    Warrior, Knight, Fighter, Paladin, Soldier-- literally anything would have been better than Tank!

    image
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,538
    edited August 2017
    Yea, I think this is the first time I've ever seen a class called "Tank" in a game.  Sure, sometimes I've seen classes officially designated as a "Tank" role in games that bother to list the role of a class in-game, but never the name of the class itself.
    Allerleirauh
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,025
    edited August 2017
    Tiamat64 said:
    Yea, I think this is the first time I've ever seen a class called "Tank" in a game.  Sure, sometimes I've seen classes officially designated as a "Tank" role in games that bother to list the role of a class in-game, but never the name of the class itself.
    Placeholder names as I recall. But sort of drive s home the point of how standard the class design appears to be.

    Hoping they have some surprises ahead.


    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 9,093
    Kyleran said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Yea, I think this is the first time I've ever seen a class called "Tank" in a game.  Sure, sometimes I've seen classes officially designated as a "Tank" role in games that bother to list the role of a class in-game, but never the name of the class itself.
    Placeholder names as I recall. But sort of drive s home the point of how standard the class design appears to be.

    Hoping they have some surprises ahead.


    I think that names Tank, Mage, Ranger makes it easy for people to start and not have to think to hard about what a class does. They will hold little meaning once you start down the path of augmentation by picking your second class. I am sure that where the creative and fun names will be like Battlemage, Necromancer, Paladin and the likes. Also again we are not even in Alpha yet. Seems to me they are focusing more on making a game and its shocking the progress they have made.  
    Torval
  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,827
    I expected at least their world building philosophy to be also applied on the classes. As someone said above, nothing wrong with the basic - I'm the wrong one here, was expecting something more tied to gameplay mechanics since they shown the project itself by using skills of mobility and such (the fly/hoover thing).
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    Current playing: 
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Shadowbringers; Genshin Impact

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 454
    You guys forget that you will choose a primary and secondary class in this game. Also things like racials and social groups will further alter your abilities. He has also said that these are not the only abilities these classes will have. This is only what they will have at PAX.
    KyleranPhry
  • DiuraDiura Member CommonPosts: 8
    Really like what I see so far except one thing:
    Are they really calling the class Tank? That's a role, not a class! And besides it's too technical a term.
    Warrior, Knight, Fighter, Paladin, Soldier-- literally anything would have been better than Tank!
    The primary archetype (and augments) is named after the role - to make it easier for people to relate to and understand what they are. When you combine your primary archetype with your secondary your title will change to the appropiate class name - which is yet to be revealed :)
    Kyleran
    Sign up to Ashes of Creation! Currently in Pre-Alpha! 

    Keep up to date with news on Ashes of Creation with The Odyssey !
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,043
    Don't forget peeps, we are getting Rogue and Bard amongst others and dual classing.  This is just for starters and I for one am 100% on-board and loving it.

    I can't wait.
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 129
    FINALLY YES FINALLY an MMO which Multiplayer has meaning again. All this crap available at the moment are single player grind fest cash grabber b/s.
    Kyleran
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,


  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,025
    erevus said:
    FINALLY YES FINALLY an MMO which Multiplayer has meaning again. All this crap available at the moment are single player grind fest cash grabber b/s.
    You hope. But hey, goals are good.
    Octagon7711

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 129
    edited August 2017
    Kyleran said:
    erevus said:
    FINALLY YES FINALLY an MMO which Multiplayer has meaning again. All this crap available at the moment are single player grind fest cash grabber b/s.
    You hope. But hey, goals are good.

    Optimism might get you where you want.

    Negativity won't even show you the path.
    KyleranPhry
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,


  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 37,025
    edited August 2017
    erevus said:
    Kyleran said:
    erevus said:
    FINALLY YES FINALLY an MMO which Multiplayer has meaning again. All this crap available at the moment are single player grind fest cash grabber b/s.
    You hope. But hey, goals are good.

    Optimism might get you where you want.

    Negativity won't even show you the path.
    People often confuse pragmaticism for negativity.
    NycteliosCaldicot

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I think I'm finally done with fantasy MMORPG's, lol

    There's nothing wrong with these classes as such, they simply don't excite me at all...
    The classes seem a bit boring honestly, they would have been better off not specialising so much and having the classes being a bit more 'open' for instance, is a ranger just an archer? can a ranger not instead be a melee class, otherwise, why not just call it an archer? so far it would be too easy to pick holes with the classes. :/
  • DemogorgonDemogorgon Member UncommonPosts: 353
    erevus said:
    Kyleran said:
    erevus said:
    FINALLY YES FINALLY an MMO which Multiplayer has meaning again. All this crap available at the moment are single player grind fest cash grabber b/s.
    You hope. But hey, goals are good.

    Optimism might get you where you want.

    Negativity won't even show you the path.
    Optimism will make you a scammer wet dream and being lead by the nose all your life.

    Having your eyes open (critical thinking or just call it using your own brain) will at least allow you to choose your own path. 

    You're welcome...
  • DiuraDiura Member CommonPosts: 8
    edited August 2017
    Phry said:
    I think I'm finally done with fantasy MMORPG's, lol

    There's nothing wrong with these classes as such, they simply don't excite me at all...
    The classes seem a bit boring honestly, they would have been better off not specialising so much and having the classes being a bit more 'open' for instance, is a ranger just an archer? can a ranger not instead be a melee class, otherwise, why not just call it an archer? so far it would be too easy to pick holes with the classes. :/
    This is exactly the approach Intrepid will be going for :) The classes present at PAX are primary archetypes. In Ashes of Creation you will be able to choose a secondary archetype which allows you to choose from a selection of augmentations to personalise your skills. You will also be able to choose from a range of weapons (which gives different Keystroke skills) and various other factors such as race and religion will personalise your skills. PAX West is a prealpha experience so is just a sample of what is to come :)

    PhryCazriel
    Sign up to Ashes of Creation! Currently in Pre-Alpha! 

    Keep up to date with news on Ashes of Creation with The Odyssey !
Sign In or Register to comment.