Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW Races and classes

rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

I've finally decided to most likely get World of Warcraft when it comes out, mainly because the world is big, lots of methods of transportation such as flying, and the graphics aren't as good as EQ2 so it will run smooth.

So what race is everyone gonna be? And what skill are you going to choose for your race? (I haven't read up on all the races but I'm pretty sure I might be a night elf and my skill would be a druid.)

Homer-"let the bears pay the bear tax, but i pay the Homer tax."
Lisa-"Dad, that's the homeOWNERS tax!"
Homer-"Whatever I'll be at Moes."

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Latest screenshot look really cartoon like and sort of crappy.

But I am the bandwagon that says enough of the pretty pictures give us gameplay.

So it is not pretty but hope the gameplay is good.

Would hate it to be like shadowbane poor graphics poor gameplay.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

I don't understand why everyone is doging this game before it's even out.  I admit it's not super uber graphics like EQ2,  that's how the game is going to be made.  SOE is pouring money into their game and is going to have the best looking MMORPG around... Blizzard isn't.  They are using DirectX 8.1,  not 9 like EQ2.

Please people...  just because it has different graphics doesn't mean it's going to suck... do you judge a book by the cover?  Same idea here...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • Almighty-RobAlmighty-Rob Member Posts: 10

I agree with djin look at UO, how the game looks has nothing to do with the gameplay

But to answer the question
    Taurn Warrior

Gnome/Something.

Since I don't know what classes will be for the gnome,  I'm not sure yet.  I believe mage is going to be for the gnome...  who knows.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • knutknut Member Posts: 46

http://wow.warcry.com/content/races/ to se all the races!! I am going to be an Orc! I am not totaly shure if i am going to be an Warloc, shaman ore a Warrior yet, but hell yeah i am going to play!imageimage

Warrior looks cool, they have a lot of skillz! imageimage    ( http://wow.warcry.com/content/skills/ )

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

EQ2 has been in make since  2001.

Remember the thief that stole the computer from the lead designer of the defunct verrant?

It had EQ2 designs on it.

So EQ2 must  have been programmed with even earlier versions of  direct x probably older then 8.1 even but the early screenshots looked good still.

They have upgraded it to be dirext x 9 much like they did with SWG .

Anyhow never did I bash WoW based on the graphics ,i even said give me a good gameplay over graphics.

First i have other things to think about then running to the shops every year  buying graphics card that cost more then some computers.

Secondly i think the game industry has reached a very good level of graphics as it is with games like AC2 and of course SWG,so further improvement for next 2 or 3 years is not needed but rather focus on gameplay.

Thirdly, i think WoW would want to drag people from its warcraft series in rather then established MMROPGers  meaning that unlike the ones used to MMROPG they will need this game to run fine with low end graphics cards.

Lets face it apart from 1 or 2 titles out there in simple multi player forms this so called mid to high end cards have virtually no use.

It is mainly mmropg that require you to jam in this cards and loads of ram.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by hercules

Latest screenshot look really cartoon like and sort of crappy.
    But I am the bandwagon that says enough of the pretty pictures give us gameplay.
    So it is not pretty but hope the gameplay is good.
    Would hate it to be like shadowbane poor graphics poor gameplay.

I watched the videos and they weren't amazing but heck, they we're good enough for my liking. Plus the game should run smooth and from what i've read theres going to be fun quests and tons of transportation like flying a gryphon.

Originally posted by Djin

I don't understand why everyone is doging this game before it's even out.  I admit it's not super uber graphics like EQ2,  that's how the game is going to be made.  SOE is pouring money into their game and is going to have the best looking MMORPG around... Blizzard isn't.  They are using DirectX 8.1,  not 9 like EQ2.
    Please people...  just because it has different graphics doesn't mean it's going to suck... do you judge a book by the cover?  Same idea here...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

I found a pic of a gnome djin image

http://www.strike9.com/file.aspx?pa...nomespotted.jpg

• bum37bum37 Member Posts: 127

I'm certainly gonna play this game because of blizzard's previous games have been very good.

and alot of the people are saying that the graphics are crappy, but if you guys read the WoW stuff, they made it sort of cartoonish as someone mentioned because they wanted it to look similiar to warcraft 3, and it works so much better in lag wise, than if they made their graphics better like EQ2, which is gonna suck so much in lag because the graphics, or the people will just be turning down the graphic stuff, which will make the detailed graphics pointless.

That's no gnome, it's a rock.  image

If that is a gnome,  whooo is it small... so cute... mommy can I keep it?!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Dude... that would be scary if that was a gnome.  Their secret technique would be toe biting.

---------------------------------------
    You can't stop the bum rush
    www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

For some reason i can't watch most of the WoW videos cause i don't have divX or something. Did anyone besides me get this problem?

• SleepyhollowSleepyhollow Member Posts: 19
    Woot, go gnomes, maybe it is using its secret new hiding technique and it is really far away.... really good disguise if you think about it? or is it?

I like to think; falling into my thoughts, swim in my troubles, dance in my loves, hug my goals, and chase my past. Lost in thought, digging my way out, clawing at the twists, finally free of my cobwebs.

I like to think; falling into my thoughts, swim in my troubles, dance in my loves, hug my goals, and chase my past. Lost in thought, digging my way out, clawing at the twists, finally free of my cobwebs.

• Fockewulf8Fockewulf8 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Im going to be a Night Elf Druid.  Being that they can shapeshift is really cool i think.  Plus they can shapeshift into a big cat, which is the closest thing to a weretiger that I have seen yet image

• DesperadoDesperado Member Posts: 467

Night Elf/ Hunter or

Tauren/ Shaman

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

"A good man knows his limits, a Great man knows he has none...."

• psibotpsibot Member Posts: 254

Originally posted by Djin

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

Hmm Djin I think quite a few people expected something else of WC3 and the news of quite a few old key coders leaving Blizzard left big question for many customers? Is Blizzards still riding success wave? And heck hell does Blizzard actualy still exist?

It was quite quiet for some time about WoW and the full avalanche came a tad after these rumors had time to settle in. This has left I believe Blizzard in an postion prove its self that it still has the soul of Blizzard and their good hand for things.

Secondly as an old general comic fan I have been often surprised how many people simply don't like comic look out of side of the Donald Duck enternainment Box style.

---
    Light laughter and sweet water to you fellow adventures.

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I pretty much think the opposite of most of these posts.  WoW has amazing style and detail to its graphics.  The cartoon look is intentional and puts EQ2's completely styless graphics to shame.  Other then Lineage 2, I dont think any of the new mmorpg is looking better then WoW visually.

As far as gameplay Blizzard has no experience with a mmorpg at all (not that many companies do) and I havent read about anything very impressive about how things will work in their game.  Not to say the gameplay will be bad, just that unlike Horizons and some of the others, I havent read much of anything innovative or detailed about how they plan to have things work in WoW.  I am hoping they are just keeping things secret and that it will turn out to have gameplay that is as impressive as the game is visually.

I am leaning toward Night Elf Hunter or Human Rogue.  image

Everyone is snapping judgement so soon.  They are still in BETA (maybe ALPHA) stages...  give it time...

Everyone thinks EQII will be huge...  I say give that time too...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
     Yeah we really won't know if they will ACTUALLY turn out good until we see for ourselves........ And until then we can criticize which games will be good and which games won't image.

damn right... well... I can't... but damn right. image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • RiotgirlRiotgirl Member UncommonPosts: 520

Have to agree on with Misti on some but not all points, after reading the FAQ for WOW.

Nothing terribly different from other MMOG's at present but:
    1. All MMOG's are gravitating towards a mean with 'features' - the implementation will be key
    2. MMOG set in the detailed and rich WOW world

What did disappoint me a little (please bear in mind that I have only played 'Diablo' and have never played any WOW games. Period) was a lack of detail on how the Alliance and Horde would be introduced into the WOW world. To my mind, there should naturally be a PvP aspect to represent the warring factions rather than used as a comsetic touch. I really like to see the racial choice mean something in the game - either in gameplay i.e. each race has a different feel and way of playing the game, or in affecting how the game reacts to you beyond mere racial faction KoS [kill on sight].

You're right: it's still in Alpha so perhaps Blizzard can come up with an innovative way to make races an important part of gameplay.

As mentioned above, I'm not necessarily looking for innovative and new features in every MMOG but innovation in the implementation of existing features that have a dramatic affect on gameplay.

If the Blizzard fans are right, and this is yet another Blizzard product which is finely polished, then WOW should be an excellent MMOG that fulfill's the fan's expectations.

Regards,
    Riotgirl

"she's like this cleavagey, slut-bomb walking around going 'oh, check me out. i'm wicked cool. i'm five by five'."

"If you think I'm plucky and scrappy and all I need is love, you're in way over your head. I don't have a heart of gold or get nice. There are a lot nicer people coming up. We call them losers."

I hope Blizzard hears the cries of thousands of people and delievers.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
     I hope Blizzard knows it has to be finished by 2004! They always delay their stuff back another 7 years image

Hasn't Blizzard been working on this for a few years already?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?