Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Johnny Depp's Production Company to Produce TSW Series - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

124»

Comments

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Anyway. Back to the show.

Hopefully it turns out well. It could boost TSW sales a lot, especially since it isn't the most played game out there. Maybe it will help Funcom's finances, which has had problems in the past. 

Speaking of which, how is Conan Exiles doing for Funcom? Is it pretty successful for them? I know they are making an expansion for it, which I'm excited about. Not sure how popular the game remains though.
    Funcom is not adding an expansion to Conan. They are expanding the game with another map and biome. 

If memory serves me correctly, there is to be a total of 6 maps and biomes included with the game.
    TheScavenger

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    laserit said:
    Anyway. Back to the show.

Hopefully it turns out well. It could boost TSW sales a lot, especially since it isn't the most played game out there. Maybe it will help Funcom's finances, which has had problems in the past. 

Speaking of which, how is Conan Exiles doing for Funcom? Is it pretty successful for them? I know they are making an expansion for it, which I'm excited about. Not sure how popular the game remains though.
    Funcom is not adding an expansion to Conan. They are expanding the game with another map and biome. 

If memory serves me correctly, there is to be a total of 6 maps and biomes included with the game.
    Ah, okay, that was it. So more like a really big update then. Thanks for the correction :) Sounds like the map will be pretty big once its all put in. Map already felt nicely sized when I played, so it'll be cool to see further updates on it. I haven't played in a couple months, since kinda did a lot and friends took a break. But it was a lot of fun as far as survival games go.

As for the show. I wonder if Funcom will have to pay for the show at all, or if the show itself will earn them an extra income source? I don't know how it was for Defiance, but I think Trion had to pay for some/a lot of it.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited August 2017
    Hopefully it turns out well. It could boost TSW sales a lot
    It won't do anything with TSW sales, since they don't sell TSW anymore, they barely can hold back themselves to shut it down for good. (and if you mean Legends, that is f2p and nobody will buy more ingame boosts due to a tv show... it can raise the awareness though, and with it the login counts, that's true)
    As for the show. I wonder if Funcom will have to pay for the show at all, or if the show itself will earn them an extra income source? I don't know how it was for Defiance, but I think Trion had to pay for some/a lot of it.
    Funcom will pay nothing (or close to nothing), it was in the plans since launch and the deal (or at least the option) was made back in 2012. Too bad it didn't happened back then, when TSW was still TSW and not this watered-down mutant copy...

As for Defiance (though Kano is the resident Trion expert :smiley: ), I think Trion paid nothing for the show either, since it was the other way around - that's why I said above that Defiance is not a fitting example. With it the entire IP (lore, setting, etc) was built with the show in mind, and the game was there as a supporting tool, and the whole shebang was financed by Comcast. Probably they even payed Trion for the game, so it's possible that Trion only covered the general operating costs... :smile:  but I'm just guessing here, @DMKano any more info?
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    I see that @TheScavenger finally lost it and just gave everyone who is slightly optimistic about this a wtf.

Everyone except Suzie of course because that would have required some courage.
    Harbinger of Fools