Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PcInvasion chimes in about the removal of production schedule dates

1235»

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:
    And again can you tell me with 100% certainty that everything that is promised for 3.0 will make it into 3.0? Can you guarantee it will all work as hyped and promised? Would the masses agree that it is fun and engaging and better then anything currently out on the market?

If it's not a resounding yes to all of those then I would say you're basing your expectations on hopes and dreams and not on actual gameplay that you can play.
    What is reported completed and finished for 3.0, yes.

Also you are going with silly manipulation, it's not about it's all fun and amazing and better than anything else, it's about something new, one game experience that you won't find anywhere else, under alpha stage. So don't twist things to sugarcoat your argument.
    I'm not twisting or sugar coating anything. You just don't want to face the reality that what I'm saying might be true because in the past CR has failed to deliver on many things and not just with this game studio.

So how do you know it's a game experience you won't find anywhere else without actually playing it? You can't until it's actually in your hands at which point if you want to say you think this is the best thing since sliced bread then go nuts. 

Im sure the fans of no mans sky had huge dreams and plans for what they were going to do when they got the game in their hands and that it was going to be genre changing what the devs were doing but look how that turned out. 
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    goobsnews said:
    SC also isn't an MMO either, I don't know why people keep calling it that. What is it, 12 people max per instance? Pretty small "Massively Multiplayer Online" game.
    The Alpha network is not the final server setup, as reported the new netcode is is ongoing work that has not come online yet, hence why the PU lies on placeholder code that is sustained by a single-server, forcing lower pops.
    Vikingir
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    edited August 2017
    Kefo said:
    the devs were doing but look how that turned out. 

Actually....the new update for NMS that released a few days ago really made NMS a great game.. the steam reviews went from horrible to positive in a matter of a day. I've been playing it a lot and enjoy it. Comparing it to Star Citizen is an insult to Hello Games tbh..
    Vikingir
    edited August 2017
    Kefo said:
    I'm not twisting or sugar coating anything. You just don't want to face the reality that what I'm saying might be true because in the past CR has failed to deliver on many things and not just with this game studio.

So how do you know it's a game experience you won't find anywhere else without actually playing it? You can't until it's actually in your hands at which point if you want to say you think this is the best thing since sliced bread then go nuts. 
    You are twisting and sugar coating arguments just for the sake of implying things that I am not saying that strengthen your argument. Usual when having discussions with you.

Here's one: grabbing a constellation ship, with one Rover inside, with one or two friends, go to Delamar Levski's landing zone, grab our Rovers and race around in the planet's surface with them or even mix in some PvP with co-op turrets... < Example of one experience you can easily figure out for 3.0 that doesn't require a reality disconnect to expect and the type of stuff you won't find anywhere else, not of this quality and scale with the embedded persistent and online nature of the game.
    gir243
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

You are twisting and sugar coating arguments just for the sake of implying things that I am not saying that strengthen your argument. Usual when having discussions with you.

Here's one: grabbing a constellation ship, with one Rover inside, with one or two friends, go to Delamar Levski's landing zone, grab our Rovers and race around in the planet's surface with them or even mix in some PvP with co-op turrets... < Example of one experience you can easily figure out for 3.0 that doesn't require a reality disconnect to expect and the type of stuff you won't find anywhere else, not of this quality and scale with the embedded persistent and online nature of the game.
    Ok so wait....did you just come up with a scenario that in no ways exists for you to play yet since 3.0 isn't here and you're trying to use it as a way to prove that I'm implying things???

You just made up something off the top of your head that doesn't actually exist yet(in terms of you being able to actually do it) and you sill don't see the disconnect?

gir243
    edited August 2017
    Kefo said:
    Ok so wait....did you just come up with a scenario that in no ways exists for you to play yet since 3.0 isn't here and you're trying to use it as a way to prove that I'm implying things???

You just made up something off the top of your head that doesn't actually exist yet(in terms of you being able to actually do it) and you sill don't see the disconnect?
    That IS part of 3.0; stuff that was not only already reported complete, already shown that is part of this update, and one example of one gameplay scenario within it, as the context here implied the next update.
    MaxBacon said:
    Kefo said:

That IS part of 3.0; stuff that was not only already reported complete, already shown that is part of this update, and one example of one gameplay scenario within it, as the context here implied the next update.
    Just like star marine will be more lethal then call of duty or it's weeks and not months away right? My point is until you have it in your hands for consumption then making these claims based on hype alone is silly
    goobsnews said:
    Kefo said:
    the devs were doing but look how that turned out. 

Actually....the new update for NMS that released a few days ago really made NMS a great game.. the steam reviews went from horrible to positive in a matter of a day. I've been playing it a lot and enjoy it. Comparing it to Star Citizen is an insult to Hello Games tbh..
    I meant initial release no mans sky ;)