Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online is back on track

fogofogo Member Posts: 6

the makers of DAoC are now in charge for Warhammer online
http://www.warhammeronline.com/

Comments

• LordSaturn1783LordSaturn1783 Member Posts: 7

No, not really. From the FAQ on the very site you linked to:

Is this the same Warhammer MMORPG I have heard about in the past from another developer?
    No. That game has ceased development and the developer has moved on to other projects. This will be a next-generation MMORPG that will serve as the standard bearer for both Mythic and Games Workshop

Also, hooray for my first post ;P

----------Sig----------
    Take a minute to think - have you ever sounded JUST like this? Be grateful you weren't on voicechat at the time ;]
    http://wowseriousbusiness.ytmnd.com/

• fogofogo Member Posts: 6

ok haven't read that i must admit, but at least someone is trying again on finishing a warhammer online game.

• MarylMaryl Member Posts: 5
    Yeah i was really waiting for the first one to get done and when i herd it closed it sucked. But they are totally restarting from nothing. This game is gonna be SWEET!!!
  • AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118

I'm really glad this happened! From what I saw, the old one unfortunately didn't have much potential.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this turns out to be, however. Always been a Warhammer fan ^^

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• tcaritatcarita Member Posts: 5
    this is going to be a hell of a good game...
  • PykePyke Member Posts: 7

This game has a lot of potential to be really good, and a lot of potential to be horrible.

It all depends on the style which they develop it. Hopefully all races are considered. Dawn of war (warhammer 40k RTS) only had a few races, and in thier planned expansion, the race they are releasing is already in the game, now you can just play them. Lame...

• Eternal2kEternal2k Member Posts: 20
    40k in my opinion, mainly cause of the the squads in 40k are not rank and file and you can stay more true to the game, where as in warhammer you wont be able to make it the same war based game and you will end up with just another fantasy mmorpg. I have actually been working on ideas for a 40k mmorpg for about a year now, and should I not be able to get the licencing I can always adapt a universe to fit the game system im making.
  • disstressdisstress Member Posts: 417

Wow, I can only wish that Mythic puts thier PvP expertise into this game. They have allready announced that the Roman Sci-Fi game they are making is not going to be PvP. I don't really know how you could do Warhammer w/o PvP, but I guess we just have to wait and see.

I am really excited about this game as well as vanguard:saga of heros. It seems that too many of the games in development are just clones of one another or just lack the visual excitment to make me find out more.

• GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180

The Roman sci-fi game has been postponed.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• DyrttDyrtt Member Posts: 422

I'm exited about this one but it is so far off that I don't even think about it. Still, I like Mythic and I love the Warhammer lisence. I'm glad they are starting from scratch too. I remember seeing the character models for the origional and they didn't have the same visual flare that you expect from warhammer.

Anyway, it has alot of potential but I dont want to get too psyched about it too soon.

• slakslak Member Posts: 83

I'd rather see a 40k game then the fantasy version, there really aren't enough Sci-Fi MMO's or games in general, and there really are too many Fantasy games in general.