Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RUMOR: Next Expansion Details Leaked - Veil of Shadows - World of Warcraft - MMORPG.com

Comments

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Why even report on leaks like this? There will likely be a flood of these, ones with misspellings and clear formatting issues with obvious features listed as the most prominent. The whole site will be covered in news related to leaks if you guys reported on every WoW leak in the coming months (right before an expansion announcement at Blizzcon)
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Celcius said:

Why even report on leaks like this? There will likely be a flood of these, ones with misspellings and clear formatting issues with obvious features listed as the most prominent. The whole site will be covered in news related to leaks if you guys reported on every WoW leak in the coming months (right before an expansion announcement at Blizzcon)

What the fuck is wrong with you people ? I mean , how is reporting a leak , bad ?! I very much appreciate the leak. Even if not all will be true , it's still interesting infos.

Anyway , Night Elf Pala? Yes YES!! I never leveled a Pala to max , but as a Night Elf? It will 100% be my main in the next expansion.

"Flails, pistols and spellbound weapons" . Well .. I think we might have a new class ( or two :) ) . Flails = Crusaders ( Dark Crusaders !! ) . Pistols = ......Pistoleros :))
    TokkenSovrathMrMelGibson

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Celcius said:

Reporting EVERY leak between now and then sounds F-U-N! I love speculation!

and the clicks it brings....
    TheScavengerIselinIceAge[Deleted User][Deleted User]NephethBillMurphyTokkenMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited August 2017

SBFord said:

azurrei said:

I'm actually surprised MMORPG published this highly likey mis-info...now we are just going to get even more elaborate FAKES after this one gets unwarranted press.

Well two things:

1) It's clearly marked as a rumor.
    2) It's a great discussion starter on what people might like to see in the next expansion.

It's just a fun thing.

Everyone keep saying you do not want the RNG legendary system please. Maybe they will listen....or give us RNG legendary system lite.....hate you garrison. TBH, I prefer how the game was in Cata and prior. MoP kind of spelled the beginning of the end with the gathering pretty much made easy mode and then the blizzard testing timed crafting recipes which made them go ape in WoD and now trying to find a "middle-ground" in legion. Systems ultimately get reset every expansion, making what you did aside from money and levels pretty much pointless. I personally do not know how people can love a system like that. Like a 2 year moba....If people honestly looked at WoW's expansion progression, we've been getting less and less stuff each expansion in terms of diversity and more on-rail things that dictate how the game should be played. Yeah....thats fun.
    Sadfist
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Bullshit until proven not.

I think this was a purposeful leak to be honest. Anet leaked out details about their next expansion around the time ESO was getting ready to launch theirs, now Blizzard is doing the same thing with their next expansion in response to GW2's next. Somewhere in all of this was Final Fantasy online's as well.
    SBFordMrMelGibson
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Sounds great if true. And it kinda makes sense. Especially reworked zones. Cataclysm reworked zones have lasted far longer than from vanilla to WOTLK.

Panda DK makes sense. There is one in Legion already I believe, or maybe it was back in WoD as a DK panda follower.

Kul'tiras is well known speculation to be next place and there is leaked Kul'tiras armor

And the rest of the features sound great. Looks like cataclysm mixed with WoD which is amazing, since WoD and Legion have been my favorite expansions and I loved cataclysm as well.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Also as far as the date (saw some people saying too soon for it to be released)

Easily explainable as that is when that "leak" would be posted and announced. But I would think it be at blizzcon.

Also, the reason for grammar/spelling can be explained that its a rough draft and most rough drafts they don't bother fixing grammar until its actually announced.

But...why announce an expansion NOT at blizzcon? Only suspicious part.

• shawn19606shawn19606 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I'm a sucker for all the xpacs, I'll be back next one , doesn't matter what it is
    SBFordunfilteredJWjimmywolf
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Also as far as the date (saw some people saying too soon for it to be released)

Easily explainable as that is when that "leak" would be posted and announced. But I would think it be at blizzcon.

Also, the reason for grammar/spelling can be explained that its a rough draft and most rough drafts they don't bother fixing grammar until its actually announced.

01.25.18 - Closed Beta Begins

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

IDK. We used to call some of these types of leaks "trial balloons." Get the info out there unofficially, watch the feedback and make adjustments. 
    SBFordTheScavengerSovrath[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I'm a sucker for all the xpacs, I'll be back next one , doesn't matter what it is

As will my wife and I. We rotate between WoW and FFXIV. Still subbed to DAOC as well.

SBFordjimmywolf
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Soki123 said:

As will my wife and I. We rotate between WoW and FFXIV. Still subbed to DAOC as well.

That seems to be what a lot of people are doing these days. It makes sense, why enjoy just one game?
    SBFordunfilteredJWMrMelGibson
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Me in 2057: 'New WoW expansion?! Guess I cant die just yet.'
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    The best part of ESO for me is being able to go to any zone you feel like going to and having everything you do be rewarding in some way. It's makes sense that Blizzard would want to copy that cause their MO is to copy successful features in other games and yes ESO still up and running with so many players is proof that it is successful. If they make it so all loot tables for the entire game are merged into one so you can get any drop in the game while in any open world zone it would really be fun imo and would also make all the empty zones relevant again. They have tried to get people to go back to old zones before with archeology and pet battles + they are all about reusing what they have right now and making it into something new so I think it's entirely possible.

Also I think they should allow all races to be all classes cause why not? Lore? That went out the window a long time ago. If a human or gnome can be every single magic user + a hunter then druid doesn't seem too different tbh.
    [Deleted User]
    edited August 2017
    I did think it made sense, and funny enough was thinking just last night; how scaling to your level could be put in. Then literally no content is ever obsolete, you can do everything and it won't ever be underleveled for your character. Up the challenge a bit too I would think.

Granted, WoW has a HUGE solo community...and while I have a ton of fun raiding, I also like to solo when not raiding with my guild. Raids are anywhere between 1 and 3 times a week in my guild, pretty casual about it. But otherwise, if level scaling makes soloing impossible, it might drive off a lot of players. Like I said, I love grouping, but I don't want to group except with my guild mates and they don't always want to group either. A lot of people who play WoW are like that, many people don't 100% group all the time in WoW.

(edit: Assuming the leak is true of course. Probably isn't, so the above may not even matter. But in case it does pan out to be true...WoW does have a huge portion of soloers)

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited August 2017
    Level scaling, lol it would be awesome to get your butt handed to you by Hogger at lvl 120. =p
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Unless WoW starts to circle back to what it was in it's earlier years, I'll probably not be interested. That said, I realize not everyone wants that so...........
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    With the Forge of Illumination either 1) in a FFA PvP zone; or 2) requiring raid completion to access it.

Which is great for those folks who do those things. Legion proved that the dev team is intent on getting players to play more PvP and getting players to do more raiding.

As much as I enjoyed Legion, I regret getting it before I realized how much progression was gated behind group content. I am confident Blizzard intends to continue down that path, which makes Legion my last WoW expansion.

The rest of the rumored expansion additions are just window dressing.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Shhhh, but its Blizzard that leaks stuff like this just so they can get opinions and ideas...
    SBFord
  • GreyhavenGreyhaven Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I'll just say this.

None of this is true, it's engineered fake news.
    Celcius
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Greyhaven said:
    I'll just say this.

Oh? How so? Because you don't believe it? Oooooookkkkkkk.
    JemAs666

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GreyhavenGreyhaven Member UncommonPosts: 38
    edited August 2017
    SBFord said:
    Greyhaven said:
    I'll just say this.

Oh? How so? Because you don't believe it? Oooooookkkkkkk.
     I simply know it isn't. If you can provide proof that this is real please do so and site your source. We can revisit this in November when the expansion is announced.  

Also I expect this kind of snarky retort from Bree at  Massively....but not here guess these sites are pretty much all the same.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    As ESO has proven, and even Legion, if you do it right you can make scaling work while not hampering the sense of progression.
    Did not prove it to me.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited August 2017

Forgrimm said:

I'd rather have Undead Paladins.

Holy magic critical hit the Undead so maybe Blizz could use this as an idea to create a new class. The Forsaken experiments to become paladins end up creating a new class, Dark Paladin, based on shadow curses instead of holy prayers.

Paladins use prayers like holy priests so a Dark pally would use curses like shadow priests. That would be cool.
    Post edited by rojoArcueid on

• Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    After doing almost nothing in Legion, you know that invasion he was trying so hard to prepare for, he's gonna appear there?