Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Nine Voices Of The Star Citizen Debate.

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited August 2017
    Middle Ground.  My feelings about the project fall in the middle ground area.  My thoughts are pretty much always somewhere in one of the three areas on the different aspects of the game.

Skeptic,  the project won't be like it is in the presentation videos.  The hype is not the reality.

Agnostic, I want to see the project succeed but realize it's a new team working on experimental concepts as they go.  Very few games come out as well as they have been planned but will wait and see if they can pull it off like they say they can.

Believer, I think the game can be great but if they do something that doesn't seem right, I will mention it.  

I also think that instead of Zealots, it should be Sports Fan.  People who look at the game like sports fans look at their favorite teams.  They know 100% their team will win.  They will do whatever they can to support the team and spend lots of money for the experience of supporting their favorite game.  They encourage only positive comments and no negative comment is left uncriticized and must be put down. They hang on every word the Devs say and love stating every comment a devs says as a fact.  If they have any doubts about the game they very rarely or will never voice them.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited August 2017
    sgel said:
    I'm fine with the SC community thinking I'm a dirty "leaver"/troll/hater.

I still have ~50$ "invested" in this project :)
    hahaha, remember the biggest and loudest "haters" on the project as "that guy" (and one known one before "that one") were and wanted to remain as backers, creates one interesting leverage standpoint publicly.
    rpmcmurphyShodanas
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    I'm fine with the SC community thinking I'm a dirty "leaver"/troll/hater.

I still have ~50$ "invested" in this project :)
    hahaha, remember the biggest and loudest "haters" on the project as "that guy" (and one known one before "that one") were and wanted to remain as backers, creates one interesting leverage standpoint publicly.
    I'm interested in you telling me what kind of leverage you think I need by mentioning I bought a package so many years ago.
    Do you think I'll stop criticizing CIG if I get a refund? :)
    bartoni33

..Cake..

sgel said:
    I'm interested in you telling me what kind of leverage you think I need by mentioning I bought a package so many years ago.
    Do you think I'll stop criticizing CIG if I get a refund? :)
    No of course not, usually there's emotional investment from both sides of spectrum, due that even if you refunded you'll be equality, if not even more vested into Star Citizen.

That's at least what I see from those who refunded, they can't let go and move on, some do ofc.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I guess I am in the agnostic/hopeful line. The majority of the game, I really can't be bothered to care about, but as I do enjoy a good shooter (or a decent shooter, or in some cases a bad shooter) and because I earned the title "Marine" I would like to see the space Marine component of the game be really good. I am with @Kyleran in that I believe something will get published, it's the what and when that is in the dark. imo.

Have proof!
    bartoni33MadFrenchieMrMelGibson

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

If I refunded I'd be equality? What?
    Even more vested in Star Citizen if I get a refund? How?

SC and CIG are such an easy obvious target. I mean they really are asking for it :)
    The community's reaction and nutters it attracts is also quite interesting so you can see why so many people are intrigued and they've been Goon's biggest source of entertainment for years.
    rpmcmurphy

..Cake..

sgel said:

SC and CIG are such an easy obvious target. I mean they really are asking for it :)
    The community's reaction and nutters it attracts is also quite interesting so you can see why so many people are intrigued and they've been Goon's biggest source of entertainment for years.
    I've seen people become more obsessive with Star Citizen after refunded yeah, some due hatred and following their agendas, but there's a big slice that is simply trolling, as of course, it became "cool to hate SC", to instigating controversy, drama, raid the main reddit sub daily, and run propaganda campaigns just to piss off the community.
    rpmcmurphy
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    What about a category for people who are invested in the game but are disappointed with the mismanagement of the project.  People who dont think it ever was a scam but actually wanted to see the project succeed but can not turn a blind eye to things like the change in the terms of service and how things have changed from what Chris Roberts said in 2013 and 2014? 

I also think you need a new category for people who do blindly follow the project and make excuses for anything that can seen as negative.  Having a new team and trying to do experimental stuff is not really an excuse for many of the things that have happened.  I think Zealot fits this category perfectly.  Even sports fans say negative things about their team at times, unlike some of the rabid posters here who scan these forums daily looking to pounce on any negative comment.

MrMelGibson
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Talonsin said:
    What about a category for people who are invested in the game but are disappointed with the mismanagement of the project.  People who dont think it ever was a scam but actually wanted to see the project succeed but can not turn a blind eye to things like the change in the terms of service and how things have changed from what Chris Roberts said in 2013 and 2014? 

Unless you have lost faith, that still makes you a Beliver as I see it. If you lost faith that the game will significantly live up to its original goals you are more in the Skeptic side.
    bartoni33
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:

I've seen people become more obsessive with Star Citizen after refunded yeah, some due hatred and following their agendas, but there's a big slice that is simply trolling, as of course, it became "cool to hate SC", to instigating controversy, drama, raid the main reddit
    sub daily, and run propaganda campaigns just to piss off the community.
    Wait, let me try that:

<<I've seen people become obsessive with Star Citizen after they backed. Hatred for anyone criticizing it and defending the CIG agenda of selling ships for thousands of dollars, because it's a well known fact that SC is going to save PC Gaming. I mean there's people who have never played a game in 20 years because they were all crap and will only play Star Citizen. They love to instigate controversy on other game's forums and tell them how crap they are compared to SC. They even witch-hunt people who publicly criticize Star Citizen and even create new reddit subs to stalk and ridicule everything these dirty criticizers do. They run propaganda campaigns on every game site and every PC game forum.>>

See how easy that is?
    MaxBaconbartoni33TalonsinKefoExcessionrpmcmurphyBeansnBreadCogohi

..Cake..

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    MaxBacon said:
    hfztt said:
    You dear sir, from your posting, fit straight into the Zealot category. Do not stray from your faith just be course this came from SA.
    Of course it comes from SA; how else could we get fuel to instigate controversy and drama in this forum? The goons come to the rescue with shiny graphs, gg

Let's run around with stickers to put labels on every poster, so I see from your posting and how you only post to actively get a chance to criticize the project... then you'd be a hater?

Rather a toxic thing to do if you ask me...
    You must look a bit closer then. I have told people to ignore stupid DS posts many times. I have applauded actual delivered progress more than once.

You, dear sir, has spilled much more toxic comments on the topic of SC skeptics/haters than I have ever done on SC itself.

Take a hard look in the mirror before calling names.
    edited August 2017
    hfztt said:
    You quoted me to make judgments on me, so I did the same on you.

Maybe I missed this and that from your contribution here hence it just leads to a perception, but when mentioned toxicity I talk about the fact of being here to make judgments on each other.

sgel said:
    Wait, let me try that:

<<I've seen people become obsessive with Star Citizen after they backed. Hatred for anyone criticizing it and defending the CIG agenda of selling ships for thousands of dollars, because it's a well known fact that SC is going to save PC Gaming. I mean there's people who have never played a game in 20 years because they were all crap and will only play Star Citizen. They love to instigate controversy on other game's forums and tell them how crap they are compared to SC. They even witch-hunt people who publicly criticize Star Citizen and even create new reddit subs to stalk and ridicule everything these dirty criticizers do. They run propaganda campaigns on every game site and every PC game forum.>>

See how easy that is?
    Quite apologetic, remember there is a sub lays a standing attack against DS, not the critics of this game in sniping stands, but there are subs to smear the game, the company/its employees and the community of backers.

Takes two to dance and the haters happily instigate, when sometimes I read SC articles on the media, the first comments I see are of people saying "white knights incoming", "it's a scam", gives a good overview on who is instigating is who, who wants the flame war to go on.

Especially the raid attacks on the main sub ongoing daily, shell accounts purposely created to provoke the community to try to instigate drama/controversy (hence the term concern troll).
    Excessionrpmcmurphy
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    I'm as far left to skeptic as possible without being a "heretic" with a sprinkle of troll because evangelists/zealots/shills are too funny to watch bumble around making excuses for everything wrong.
    Exactly what I was going to say!

MadFrenchie

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

MaxBacon said:
    hfztt said:
    You quoted me to make judgments on me, so I did the same on you.

Maybe I missed this and that from your contribution here hence it just leads to a perception, but when mentioned toxicity I talk about the fact of being here to make judgments on each other.

sgel said:
    Wait, let me try that:

See how easy that is?
    Quite apologetic, remember there is a sub lays a standing attack against DS, not the critics of this game in sniping stands, but there are subs to smear the game, the company/its employees and the community of backers.

Takes two to dance and the haters happily instigate, when sometimes I read SC articles on the media, the first comments I see are of people saying "white knights incoming", "it's a scam", gives a good overview on who is instigating is who, who wants the flame war to go on.

Especially the raid attacks on the main sub ongoing daily, shell accounts purposely created to provoke the community to try to instigate drama/controversy (hence the term concern troll).
    I find it incredibly funny when comments like "white knights incoming" bother you when you are the sole reason people say it.
    Do you really not realize that? :D

MaxBaconMrMelGibson

..Cake..

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    MaxBacon said:
    P.S. There are some high end zealots borderline shills in here doing their best to say otherwise LOL.
    Go back to the dark space m8.
    Case in point. I said no names, made no references and yet, metal feet/magnetic shoes.

"...attacking perceived threats and or critics"

This person couldn't even strategically think it would be in best interests to avoid, as to not incriminate self.

As it pertains to me, THIS is why I admittedly must add sprinkles of troll to my skepticism.

MaxBaconMrMelGibsonKeforpmcmurphyCogohi
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    sgel said:
    I find it incredibly funny when comments like "white knights incoming" bother you when you are the sole reason people say it.
    I don't respond to those as I only participate in this forum for quite a while side of lurking reddit and participating in spectrum but I just watch how this discussion flows in that aspect.

They instigate and they get responses, that's how it goes.
    edited August 2017
    As it pertains to me, THIS is why I admittedly must add sprinkles of troll to my skepticism.

Well then you completely missed what was the message and just burnt yourself lol
    Dark Space, I said Dark Space, no, was at you, not your post.
    Excessionrpmcmurphy
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    MaxBacon said:

Well then you completely missed what was the message and just burnt yourself lol

Dark Space, I said Dark Space, no, minding you, not your post.

TalonsinMaxBaconKefoMrMelGibsonrpmcmurphyBeansnBread
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited August 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    I don't respond to those as I only participate in this forum for quite a while side of lurking reddit and participating in spectrum but I just watch how this discussion flows in that aspect.

They instigate and they get responses, that's how it goes.
    It's not about responding, it's about your posting method of constantly promoting/defending Star Citizen. You are a white knight for the game & company and constantly spam Star Citizen and chase down anyone criticizing it, on multiple forums.
    The comments that bother you talk about YOU which is probably why they bother you :)

bartoni33

..Cake..

• MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I'm in the doubtful/agnostic side.  I hope it launches as promised.  But not getting my hopes up.
    Hatefull
    edited August 2017
    sgel said:
    It's not about responding, it's about your posting method of constantly promoting/defending Star Citizen. You are a white knight for the game & company and constantly spam Star Citizen and chase down anyone criticizing it, on multiple forums.
    The comments that bother you talk about YOU which is probably why they bother you 
    So if people like you do nothing else but share negativity and spin anything possible as negative, then you can bet the opposite side of the story is also brought up. Simple as that.

Remember you quoted me making a judgment on me, and I made a judgment on you, I have responded on what you instigated, I wouldn't have done so if you didn't.
    MaxBacon said:
    sgel said:
    The comments that bother you talk about YOU which is probably why they bother you 
    So if people like you do nothing else but share negativity and spin anything possible as negative, then you can bet the opposite side of the story is also brought up. Simple as that.

Remember you quoted me making a judgment on me, and I made a judgment on you, I consider you one troll, I have responded on what you instigated, I wouldn't have done so if you didn't.
    You really like the word "instigate" don't you? :) :)

..Cake..

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Where does someone who really doesn't care about the MMO but just wants their copy of Squadron 42 fall?

Octagon7711KyleranMrMelGibsonHatefull

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

sgel said:
    You really like the word "instigate" don't you? 
    It's fitting here, you instigated my response, If it was the opposite and It was me calling you out on my judgment of YOU then you would have, without a doubt, responded me back.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Where does someone who really doesn't care about the MMO but just wants their copy of Squadron 42 fall?

You fall into the "people with too much sense" category.  Stop making so much sense, this is the internet for goodness sake.
    bartoni33MrMelGibson
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

This discussion has been closed.