Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are not more people playing this game here ?

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Kyleran said:
    BruceYee said:
    Kopogeroo said:
    Primary reason sandbox MMORPG with player economy that also has ingame store where you can directly buy infinite printed currency (in this case gold) for $ is a simple and quick cash grab that will ruin the game in the long run. Otherwise I would've actually spend $ on it and tried it.
     At it's foundation, it's the same system that's used in EVE Online.  PLEX didn't ruin EVE Online, and Gold isn't going to ruin Albion Online.
    Also the gold to silver conversion isn't very good. You can farm large amounts of silver in-game even without going into full pvp zones. Buying gold can't pay to win because you have to actually to play the game to level up everything on the destiny board in order to use the items you bought.

@Kyleran - I have yet to see a single hardcore cheater in-game since the headstart. I've seen people using afk bot and possibly farming but that's about it.
    Well I've generally found while every MMORPG has cheaters they rarely impact my game play. 

Of course,  I'm not in the top tier PVP portions of any game, mostly I try to carve out a niche for myself and provide support services where  I can.
    VERY odd,i have never played a game where cheating has not affected game play for everyone.

From pvp to economy to simply being able to race ahead of everyone else and get first dibs on the best loot to being able to out level content and camp Bosses before anyone else,basically eliminating any newcomer from competing in the game to simple things like ranks/.ladders tournaments>>>REAL money etc etc,it is endless how cheating affects games.

However to first see the game and wonder if it is worth playing has nothing to do with cheating because we wouldn't know that yet.Instead i had a good friend who loved the game,so i watched him play on twitch for a few months.What i saw was a game i did not want to play and it did nothing to grow on me over time and eventually my friend quit for good which really makes a statement because he loved it a lot.

I see a lot of people complain about GRIND,that idea has never made sense because anything FUN would not be called a grind,so what exactly and why are some people playing games,to SPEED...RACE or to have fun?What people SHOULD be saying is that it simply was not fun,grind is a badly used term.
    Cazriel

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RofusEURofusEU Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I was planning on playing Albion Online with some friends but then we heard that there's too much grind involved. Week after the launch I asked from 2 guys if the game is fun and they both basically answered the same "I don't know, I'm still grinding for gear" :joy:
    Raquis
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    PvP has no room for solo play. It's join a zerg or gtfo. Not my cup of tea.
    DeVoDeVo
  • AHarmlessKitty1923AHarmlessKitty1923 Member CommonPosts: 2
    Because SBI doesn't have any proper security, and "Breaking News" SBI admits to being blackmailed...

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/67211-DDOS-Blackmailing-UPDATE-UTC-19-20/?pageNo=1

wonder who is behind it...

It can't be Lizard Squad?

Gdemami
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited August 2017
    Because SBI doesn't have any proper security, and "Breaking News" SBI admits to being blackmailed...

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/67211-DDOS-Blackmailing-UPDATE-UTC-19-20/?pageNo=1

The dev didn't give any reassurances that they were working on a solution in that post (or any posts afterwards, apparently, besides filing a report with the police).  Hopefully that was just an oversight because if they really are helpless to defend against a DDOSer like this, then that's just... well, embarassing.
    Gdemami
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    got hacked first week still not got acount back,sandbox cs is terrible and feel they dont value customers as there should,lost intrest quick.
    Gdemami
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited August 2017
    natpick said:
    got hacked first week still not got acount back,sandbox cs is terrible and feel they dont value customers as there should,lost intrest quick.
    ); sorry to hear about that, did they even get back to you or just the generic reply stuff, obviously I cant illicit any illegal activities, but someone has it out for this company, and SBI really believes legal action can work against gold sellers when Bit Coin exists and they would just change the methods and stuff.

I really wish they would fix customer service and the game, but I too have moved to ESO for now been playing the last few days it's been great.
    Gdemami
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Because the game is shallow AF.  All you do, essentially, is grind your crafting skills until you can make tier 10 gear.  That's it.  Oh, and build a house.  The game should have been what Ultima Online was.  But it's not.  It never can be, because of the poorly designed world.  Loading zones.  Poorly designed map tiles.  Lack of water environment, so no ships.  It's way too boring.
    Gdemami
    edited August 2017
    DAS1337 said:
    Because the game is shallow AF.  All you do, essentially, is grind your crafting skills until you can make tier 10 gear.  That's it.  Oh, and build a house.  The game should have been what Ultima Online was.  But it's not.  It never can be, because of the poorly designed world.  Loading zones.  Poorly designed map tiles.  Lack of water environment, so no ships.  It's way too boring.
    Well Dark Fall has ships and Naval Combat, I think im going to install Rise OF Agon and purchase a subscription shortly and try it again myself see if there is enough players for old times sake, I would say Arche Age, but Trion killed the game.

Although my old Clan is on Dark Fall New Dawn, the ping is just too high for me to be able to play it.
    Gdemami
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

Oh look, a new account created just to bash Albion.

MrMelGibson
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    It's just me I'm sure, but as I've aged I find PvP less fun. I still dig it from time to time, but I really love PvE, story and good questing more then anything else now. I've aged into a carebear it seems lol.
    Cazriel
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    it rocks. im playing it.  but it costs money for premium and also i think its not a themepark.  but there are tons of ppl playing, it seems packed when i play.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    The complaints about grind are definitely true.  I personally don't mind it.  However, I'm one of those ppl who can spend hours tunneling in minecraft.  If you truly don't like grind, it might not be for u.  Me, I grind and I get together with a few guildies to do some dungeons or try to find some pvp, or gather chests, or whatever.  There is a a lot to do, but it's stuff that is self motivated.  The game doesn't push you into anything.  This is a turn off for a lot of ppl who want that structure of quests.  Nothing wrong with that, I enjoy those also.

My impression of the devs is that they listen to the community (not slavishly where they do everything that everyone wants, for those who will cry that they didn't implement what EVERYBODY was complaining about).  I have no doubt that the game will get better with time.

From their comments, they probably would have liked to have more time, but they set a line in the sand and while the community says that companies should wait to put out a product even if they miss a deadline because a good game is worth the wait.  Sadly, what ppl say and do are two completely different things.  PPL want the games as soon as possible and if the devs push back deadlines, all hell will break loose.  
    [Deleted User]Marcus-

I self identify as a monkey.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited August 2017
    I dont know what happened to people on this site. Fortnite ( basically tower defense co-op game, not MMO in any sense ) is more popular than actual one server pvp sandbox mmo.
    100% completely agree.  ppl scream for sandbox, they get it, and they complain.  ppl on here used to say graphics werent the driving factor but now they are all of a sudden.  if you mentioned graphics of etc etc on here, ppl would go to town on you about how its not the driving factor.  so this site has changed hehe.

honestly the game is a blast.  i guess the ppl who played for 2 years in beta are bored of it.  though i scarecly played the beta, so its still fresh to me.  if i play for 2 years and get bored, thats fine.  

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    I was in Beta, after horrible and grindy gameplay I left. PvP consists of zerging smaller groups. Bigger groups just spam keys and win due to lag. Game itself is super grindy. It is not worth its current fee and will soon go down due to low number of players. Hold on for few months to buy it for 9.99, and then another few more months and it will most likely be another cash shop F2P game.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited August 2017
    I was told unless you have a absurd amount of free time to avoid this game and that it was pointless to try and play it casually.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Wizardry said:
    Kyleran said:
    BruceYee said:
    Kopogeroo said:
    Primary reason sandbox MMORPG with player economy that also has ingame store where you can directly buy infinite printed currency (in this case gold) for $ is a simple and quick cash grab that will ruin the game in the long run. Otherwise I would've actually spend $ on it and tried it.
     At it's foundation, it's the same system that's used in EVE Online.  PLEX didn't ruin EVE Online, and Gold isn't going to ruin Albion Online.
    Also the gold to silver conversion isn't very good. You can farm large amounts of silver in-game even without going into full pvp zones. Buying gold can't pay to win because you have to actually to play the game to level up everything on the destiny board in order to use the items you bought.

@Kyleran - I have yet to see a single hardcore cheater in-game since the headstart. I've seen people using afk bot and possibly farming but that's about it.
    Well I've generally found while every MMORPG has cheaters they rarely impact my game play. 

Of course,  I'm not in the top tier PVP portions of any game, mostly I try to carve out a niche for myself and provide support services where  I can.
    VERY odd,i have never played a game where cheating has not affected game play for everyone.

From pvp to economy to simply being able to race ahead of everyone else and get first dibs on the best loot to being able to out level content and camp Bosses before anyone else,basically eliminating any newcomer from competing in the game to simple things like ranks/.ladders tournaments>>>REAL money etc etc,it is endless how cheating affects games.

As a casual player many people are always way ahead of me, dominating the economy, camping the best spots, blowing thru the raids and crushing me flat in PVP.

This happens in almost every MMORPG which rewards those who are able to play more than me, so it really has no impact whether a small subset cheat their way to the top.

EVE is one of the few MMOs where this didn't really happen, my characters today are only limited by my personal skill (or lack thereof).

[Deleted User]klash2def

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    time007 said:
    I dont know what happened to people on this site. Fortnite ( basically tower defense co-op game, not MMO in any sense ) is more popular than actual one server pvp sandbox mmo.
    100% completely agree.  ppl scream for sandbox, they get it, and they complain.  ppl on here used to say graphics werent the driving factor but now they are all of a sudden.  if you mentioned graphics of etc etc on here, ppl would go to town on you about how its not the driving factor.  so this site has changed hehe.

honestly the game is a blast.  i guess the ppl who played for 2 years in beta are bored of it.  though i scarecly played the beta, so its still fresh to me.  if i play for 2 years and get bored, thats fine.  
    just because you slap a sandbox title on it doesn't mean everyone who wan'ts a sandbox is going to like it. i'm pretty sure not everyone is into the whole moba style they got going with the game for example.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    edited August 2017
    thunderC said:
    I was told unless you have a absurd amount of free time to avoid this game and that it was pointless to try and play it casually.
    You may have been misinformed.  I play it casually and am having fun.  It all depends on what you want to get out of it.  If you want to get into the elite fights, then I would say, it's gonna take me a loooonnngggg time.  So if that's your goal, then yea, it'll take a while playing casually.
    Post edited by mgilbrtsn on

I self identify as a monkey.

• alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    mgilbrtsn said:
    thunderC said:
    You may have been misinformed.  I play it casually and am having fun.  It all depends on what you want to get out of it.  If you want to get into the elite fights, then I would say, it's gonna take me a loooonnngggg time.  So if that's your goal, then yea, it'll take a while playing casually.
    Isnt the game build around the concept that to get anywhere it will take long time?
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    edited August 2017
    Not a fan of click to walk. Also for a phone game, IMO it's a little pricey. I know it's multi platform but it looks and plays like a phone game. 
    holdenhamlet
    Nanfoodle said:
    Not of a fan of click to walk. Also for a phone game, IMO it's a little pricey. I know it's multi platform but it looks and plays like a phone game. 
    Well for a phone game the graphics are pretty bad compared toi Nexon's titles even though I don't actively play them.

https://hitmobile.nexon.com/en

So why the graphics are so low in Albion?

GdemamiExcession
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Renoaku said:
    Nanfoodle said:
    Not of a fan of click to walk. Also for a phone game, IMO it's a little pricey. I know it's multi platform but it looks and plays like a phone game. 
    Well for a phone game the graphics are pretty bad compared toi Nexon's titles even though I don't actively play them.

https://hitmobile.nexon.com/en

So why the graphics are so low in Albion?

Shoestring  budget compared to Nexion, and far less access to reusable development assets is my guess.
    obii

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Because despite what people who clamor for these types of games think almost nobody wants to play a full loot PvP game today.
    Kyleran
  • BlazefireBlazefire Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Blazefire said:
    I have been on the fence with this one... but honestly the graphics, and lack of deep PvE content is really what has been holding me back.
    Not sure why you would be on the fence at all. There's no deep PvE in the game because it's not designed that way. It's never been a focus of the game.  PvE in AO is for training. 

Do people not have the ability to read their website?
    I guess I worded this wrong for some... here let me try again...

I would be MORE likely to try this game IF it had been designed differently, with graphics more suited to my taste, as well as a better mix of PvP and PvE. An example of what I seek could be compared to the model that DAoC used back in the glory days of MMORPG's...  :D

What I meant from that original statement was this is the reason I've yet to give it a try, because I more than likely already know that it wouldn't do it for me long term. I find it hard to believe that you struggled to understand this from my original post.

Oh and yes, I do have the ability to read their website... and actually have thoroughly researched it. Thanks for you taking the time to respond.