Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why are not more people playing this game here ?

Comments

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited August 2017
    Kopogeroo said:
    Primary reason sandbox MMORPG with player economy that also has ingame store where you can directly buy infinite printed currency (in this case gold) for $ is a simple and quick cash grab that will ruin the game in the long run. Otherwise I would've actually spend $ on it and tried it.
     At it's foundation, it's the same system that's used in EVE Online.  PLEX didn't ruin EVE Online, and Gold isn't going to ruin Albion Online.
    Also the gold to silver conversion isn't very good. You can farm large amounts of silver in-game even without going into full pvp zones. Buying gold can't pay to win because you have to actually play the game to level up everything on the destiny board in order to use the items you bought.

@Kyleran - I have yet to see a single hardcore cheater in-game since the headstart. I've seen people using afk bot and possibly farming but that's about it.
    Post edited by BruceYee on
    Kyleran[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    BruceYee said:
    Kopogeroo said:
    Primary reason sandbox MMORPG with player economy that also has ingame store where you can directly buy infinite printed currency (in this case gold) for $ is a simple and quick cash grab that will ruin the game in the long run. Otherwise I would've actually spend $ on it and tried it.
     At it's foundation, it's the same system that's used in EVE Online.  PLEX didn't ruin EVE Online, and Gold isn't going to ruin Albion Online.
    Also the gold to silver conversion isn't very good. You can farm large amounts of silver in-game even without going into full pvp zones. Buying gold can't pay to win because you have to actually to play the game to level up everything on the destiny board in order to use the items you bought.

@Kyleran - I have yet to see a single hardcore cheater in-game since the headstart. I've seen people using afk bot and possibly farming but that's about it.
    Well I've generally found while every MMORPG has cheaters they rarely impact my game play. 

Of course,  I'm not in the top tier PVP portions of any game, mostly I try to carve out a niche for myself and provide support services where  I can.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Blazefire said:
    I have been on the fence with this one... but honestly the graphics, and lack of deep PvE content is really what has been holding me back.
    Not sure why you would be on the fence at all. There's no deep PvE in the game because it's not designed that way. It's never been a focus of the game.  PvE in AO is for training. 

Do people not have the ability to read their website?

Kyleran said:
    BruceYee said:
    Kopogeroo said:
    Also the gold to silver conversion isn't very good. You can farm large amounts of silver in-game even without going into full pvp zones. Buying gold can't pay to win because you have to actually to play the game to level up everything on the destiny board in order to use the items you bought.

Well I've generally found while every MMORPG has cheaters they rarely impact my game play. 

Of course,  I'm not in the top tier PVP portions of any game, mostly I try to carve out a niche for myself and provide support services where  I can.
    When I saw the first video that was made for this game by Sandbox Int. and they were saying you can be anything you want to be I thought they were full of sh%! but it actually turns out they were spot on and delivered on that initial promise. Another thing about this game is that you can be 100% crafter gatherer and you aren't required to do anything else. IMO the most important part of this game is finding an ACTIVE guild preferably with a minimal number of a-holes. If you are interested in only PVE Thetford is a good city to choose for your island because you can reach almost every area of the map without ever going into hostile zones minus Caerleon.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Tiamat64 said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Coated said:
    Forced PVP makes me not play.
    Well, that's good because the game isn't designed for players like you.
    The topic is "Why are not more people playing this game here?"

In which case, both "Forced PVP makes me not play" and "The game isn't designed for most players" are perfectly valid responses.  What's NOT a relevant response is that being good, because clearly the topic creator wants more people to play the game, thus clearly any reason that makes people NOT play the game, up to and including "the game isn't designed for many players" are things that need to be considered and at best, neutral or necessary evils to be accepted, not good.

He (or she) said people on these forums are constantly wishing for a full-loot PvP game (second sentence, in case you missed it) so why are more not playing it? I don't think the OP was interested in people who don't want full-loot PvP. I may be wrong, but what would be the point of that second sentence then?

In that case, pointing out that lots of people aren't constantly wishing for a full-loot PvP game will hopefully correct the OP's false assumption that lots of people are constantly wishing for it.

In truth, only a small but very vocal minority are wishing for it (and even that might be an overstatement).  Such a thing clearly needs to be brought to the OP's attention in order to correct the false underlying assumptions or else the OP will forever be baffled why a game designed to appeal to a small niche only has a small niche for an audience.
    Believe it or not, there can be a lot of people who want full-loot pvp and there can be a lot of people who don't.  They are not mutually exclusive.  There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of players of all types of games.  The genre is able to support both player bases.

This need for it to be either or is bizarre to me.  Like ppl say, I don't like the game for x reason (PvP, graphics, etc) are all valid.  However, you can't draw any conclusions about how this proves one point or another.  The player base is vast and can handle both trekkies and Star Wars fans.  It won't implode.

I self identify as a monkey.

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    mgilbrtsn said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Coated said:
    The topic is "Why are not more people playing this game here?"

In which case, both "Forced PVP makes me not play" and "The game isn't designed for most players" are perfectly valid responses.  What's NOT a relevant response is that being good, because clearly the topic creator wants more people to play the game, thus clearly any reason that makes people NOT play the game, up to and including "the game isn't designed for many players" are things that need to be considered and at best, neutral or necessary evils to be accepted, not good.

He (or she) said people on these forums are constantly wishing for a full-loot PvP game (second sentence, in case you missed it) so why are more not playing it? I don't think the OP was interested in people who don't want full-loot PvP. I may be wrong, but what would be the point of that second sentence then?

In that case, pointing out that lots of people aren't constantly wishing for a full-loot PvP game will hopefully correct the OP's false assumption that lots of people are constantly wishing for it.

In truth, only a small but very vocal minority are wishing for it (and even that might be an overstatement).  Such a thing clearly needs to be brought to the OP's attention in order to correct the false underlying assumptions or else the OP will forever be baffled why a game designed to appeal to a small niche only has a small niche for an audience.
    Believe it or not, there can be a lot of people who want full-loot pvp and there can be a lot of people who don't.  They are not mutually exclusive.  There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of players of all types of games.  The genre is able to support both player bases.

This need for it to be either or is bizarre to me.  Like ppl say, I don't like the game for x reason (PvP, graphics, etc) are all valid.  However, you can't draw any conclusions about how this proves one point or another.  The player base is vast and can handle both trekkies and Star Wars fans.  It won't implode.
    None of what you just said changes, disputes, or is relevant to my statement that the full loot PvP audience is a small niche.  I never said there wasn't any room for the small niche or for the genre to support it so I'm not sure what the point of your post is.
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Selling currency in beta was a red flag. Just another shitty mobile cash grab at that point.
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Yeah, I paid the money and hated it almost from the moment it loaded. Wish I could get my money back. Everything about it feels wrong. It's a mobile game, not a true MMO. The camera view is insane. The graphics are incredibly primitive. There has to be more to it than that but I just really hated it. It doesn't help that not a tiny bit of it feels like Albion. 
    Gdemami
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    BruceYee said:
    Kyleran said:
    BruceYee said:
    Kopogeroo said:

When I saw the first video that was made for this game by Sandbox Int. and they were saying you can be anything you want to be I thought they were full of sh%! but it actually turns out they were spot on and delivered on that initial promise. Another thing about this game is that you can be 100% crafter gatherer and you aren't required to do anything else. IMO the most important part of this game is finding an ACTIVE guild preferably with a minimal number of a-holes. If you are interested in only PVE Thetford is a good city to choose for your island because you can reach almost every area of the map without ever going into hostile zones minus Caerleon.
    lol this guy doesnt get it yet. Its not that you dont have to be everything.. lol you can ONLY BE one thing. You cant be a crafter/gatherer.. you can only be one of those. VERY VERY niche/limited  gameplay for any one character. You can be specifically, a stone gatherer, or a wood gatherer, or a off hand torch crafter. But you cant be both or all three. Its similar to eve. SUre you can fly everything, but it will take you 450 years to fly everything well. Same with AO. You can do everything like ass, or you can do one thing well. The main difference between EVE and AO is that with that one thing in EVE that you are good at, you can actually have fun and do stuff in game. In AO, you can do your one limited thing if and only if you are supported by at least 8 other accounts and even with that, you still have to be lucky. The game is trash by design, from the ground up. Dead in 6 weeks like every other of their 9 iterations of beta.
    Gdemami
    edited August 2017

lol this guy doesnt get it yet. Its not that you dont have to be everything.. lol you can ONLY BE one thing. You cant be a crafter/gatherer.. you can only be one of those. VERY VERY niche/limited  gameplay for any one character. You can be specifically, a stone gatherer, or a wood gatherer, or a off hand torch crafter. But you cant be both or all three. Its similar to eve. SUre you can fly everything, but it will take you 450 years to fly everything well. Same with AO. You can do everything like ass, or you can do one thing well. The main difference between EVE and AO is that with that one thing in EVE that you are good at, you can actually have fun and do stuff in game. In AO, you can do your one limited thing if and only if you are supported by at least 8 other accounts and even with that, you still have to be lucky. The game is trash by design, from the ground up. Dead in 6 weeks like every other of their 9 iterations of beta.
    The sad thing is that while you are supposed to only be one thing, you can get multiple accounts and be everything, like lots of hard core players are doing.  It's the equivalent of "pay to circumvent the intended economical "You can't be everything" balance of the game."

Not that there's much the developers can do about that, alas.  It's really one of those "Because there's no way to prevent anyone from using the obvious loophole, was it worth bothering with in the first place?  Maybe, maybe not." kind of things. Regardless of the answer to that question, though, it's not good for the game.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    If theyre getting players to buy multiple accounts then isnt that more money for hte company? Isnt that how Eve drove up its numbers?
    NecroneusKyleranMrMelGibsonalivenLeiros
  • NecroneusNecroneus Member UncommonPosts: 52
    If theyre getting players to buy multiple accounts then isnt that more money for hte company? Isnt that how Eve drove up its numbers?
    OOOOWWWWWHHHHH

That hurts...

I have to say that I bought the game, maybe it's not my taste, but I like it. That must say something when I hate confronting other players and an hostile environment like that.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Well yeah in order to be a really successful farmer, or player you have to have multiple islands followed by multiple premium characters, even multiple accounts if you want to take that route.
    Gdemami
    edited August 2017
    Well yea.  That's one of the primary purposes of any pay-to-advantage-or-win mechanic.  However, in this case, it's probably unintentional (...or was it?!?)
    Gdemamialiven
    Frammshamm said: r
    BruceYee said:
    Kyleran said:
    BruceYee said:
    Kopogeroo said:

Why are you misinterpreting what I wrote? I said you can be A crafter gatherer not EVERY crafter gatherer. I bought 3 premium 1 year subs at 6.99 a month which ends up being $21 a month total. Each character specializes in certain things and between all 3 I can have every corner of the destiny board covered. The $21 a month sub is a lot cheaper than a lot of other games I've played in recent years.

also, you are not limited in how much fame you can earn per day just learning points. If you wanted to never use learning points it's entirely possible and won't take "450 years" like you are implying. Everyone has their own preference for how fast they want to progress in games. Just because the progression doesn't come instantly doesn't mean that the slow grind isn't fun for some people. I enjoy the speed of progression in this game and never feel the need to rush to do anything.

All of your remarks about "only being one thing" makes me wonder if you've even played the game. I would be willing to give you my in-game name and you give me yours so we can meet to see if you can prove any of what you wrote because I am willing to entertain the idea that I may be wrong. If you don't feel comfortable posting your name here feel free to send it to me in a tell.

Lastly, it is possible to never ever PvP in this game and minus the actual fighting experience get everything endgame players get soley with PVE. PVP in this game is optional and not a requirement. There are many roads to the end and not all of them are paved with the blood of the pk'd. The zones themselves are unique enough and filled with PVE content even more so than some PVE focused games.

A few tips if you are interested in only PVE.

Step 1 - Look at the destiny board and figure out what you want to progress.

Step 2 - Find an active guild with like-minded players. There are some PVE only guilds.

Step 3 - Find out the best way to achieve your goals solely with PVE by either figuring it out yourself or with the help of guildmates.
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    I looked into it. 

I'm only interested in PVE for the most part. I don't care about PVP Sandbox oriented games at all, I don't mind some sandboxiness in my games, but I'm mostly a carebear theme park goer. I'm really not interested in a game where I'm more or less stuck unless I happen upon a Guild to take me under their wing, and for me, the more story and lore in a game, the more I tend to get drawn to it.

I'm ok with the graphics. I think the cross-mobile thing has a lot of potential. 

I'm not paying a box fee to find out if I like the game or not though. Particularly since I'm not very fond of most Sandbox games out there.
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Love full loot pvp, I'm on the fence about this one because its targeted to mobile users as well which screams downgrade to me. I think 30 is too high for a mobile game, ill wait till it goes on sale If I haven't found anything by that time. Isometric view is ok with me but not my favorite either.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Love full loot pvp, I'm on the fence about this one because its targeted to mobile users as well which screams downgrade to me. I think 30 is too high for a mobile game, ill wait till it goes on sale If I haven't found anything by that time. Isometric view is ok with me but not my favorite either.
    Just because it supports tablets does not make it a "phone game."

It's  well worth $30 dollars if you enjoy the gameplay it offers.
    BruceYeeMrMelGibsonPhaserlight[Deleted User]Marcus-

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
    It is basically more simple ( you dont need PHD ) version of EVE , with much more enjoyable combat.

Combat is MOBA like and aside form simplified graphic ( which I personally quite like ) there is nothing that screams mobile game at all.
    BruceYeeMrMelGibsonforcelima

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Ok, ill give it a little more effort then. Ill look at some current gameplay, read some info on the classes and see. I'm not against the game by any means :smile:
    MrMelGibson
  • CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    Coated said:

That's right; which is why I don't play.  After years of MMOing, I've stopped being interested in games that I can tell I won't like.  Such as OW full loot PvP games.  Games like this add PvE for a diversion, but any primarily PvE player that chooses to play one hasn't yet learned the golden rule of so-called sandboxes, you're just there to make a target rich environment for the real players.

Right now, there's a glut of PvP focused games, which for the most part use the term "sandbox" to convey that it's a PvP game rather than actually saying, "Hey, we're all about the PvP" because they need players who don't get that it's all about the PvP to sustain the game.

The cream will rise to the top, however.  Provided they get out of beta and early access and actually commit to launch.  (Yes, AO did just launch.)     
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Way too repetitive, even by MMO standards.
  • RealizerRealizer Member RarePosts: 724
     Average fps with 1080ti in 100 vs 100 battles is around 5-15 fps. Long log in queues as well. It needs work, but it's worth $30 if you like that sort of mmo.  Subscription is also pretty much required if you actually want to progress this year.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Moirae said:
    Yeah, I paid the money and hated it almost from the moment it loaded. Wish I could get my money back. Everything about it feels wrong. It's a mobile game, not a true MMO. The camera view is insane. The graphics are incredibly primitive. There has to be more to it than that but I just really hated it. It doesn't help that not a tiny bit of it feels like Albion. 
    There are true mobile MMOs, for what it's worth. 

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• alivenaliven Member UncommonPosts: 346
    bentrim said:
    Once AGAIN... OWPVP, has a VERY limited market. You would think that devs would FINALLY learn that in an MMORPG, MOST people HATE PVP!!
    False. Most people dislike open world pvp because it is heaven for gankers and griefers. If people didnt like pvp the MOBA genre would die before it began. People just like fair play. 
    Gitmix[Deleted User]Octagon7711URMAKERnatpickAethaerynConstantineMerus