Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rufus D`Asperdi - since i'm a whale i can derail all i want

Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
edited August 2017 in Shroud of the Avatar
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/rng-examples-of-impossible-odds.96898/

Where are the infamous SotA moderators when a whale derail/troll a thread?

MrBlight - [quote] Since the discussion basically got locked out due to the *lack of understanding of how random works*,
A lot of people have felt and expressed that they feel like they are getting odds / fails that just defy statistics.

Instead of bickering, and being told that its just people noticing the bad.
Lets have some posts of data / screenshots of where the odds seem to be unbelievable. Good and Bad!

Example - I've seen DASH mentioned as possibly being buggy, maybe there is actually some un-realized issues, or maybe its in peoples heads.

Either way, lets avoid opinions/discussions of the RNG as that is not the intention of this thread. SS and In-Game Examples only please, as it would just get locked otherwise. =)

So. Lets see your luck streaks and lets see you bad luck streaks!

--
Edited to reiterate my point of.. In Game Examples, and Screen Shots... because that was apparently not clear enough.

Rufus D`Asperdi - [quote] an·ec·do·tal
ˌanəkˈdōdl/
adjective
  1. (of an account) not necessarily true or reliable, because based on personal accounts rather than facts or research.
    "while there was much anecdotal evidence there was little hard fact"
@Chris specified the proper way to report seemingly 'impossible' results with the PRNG in the now locked thread... He is the only one with the ability to provide anything other than anecdotal evidence. [/quote]

Bubonic - [quote] Technique #3 - 'TOPIC DILUTION'

Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a 'RESOURCE BURN.' By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling ) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a 'gossip mode.' In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion.

The Gentleman’s Guide To Forum Disruption [/quote]

Rufus D`Asperdi - [quote] The stated purpose of this thread is to post uninformed conjecture and opinion. [/quote]

Bubonic - [quote] So you are agreeing that you are, indeed, intentionally trolling the thread. Well done.  

People posting images of what they see as "impossible" odds is fair and legal, whether they are correct or not. Your post, however, is directly against forum rules. [/quote]

Rufus D`Asperdi - [quote] This whole thread is a troll. [/quote]

MrBlight - [/quote] How?

I explicitly wanted to see rare occurrences. My record is 25 in a row with no exceptional at a 25% chance. I wish i had a SS. I would love to see someone with 12+ Metic, with the posted odds of it happening. I would love to see a SS of 40 fails in a row. Or 5 fails on a 97% with the posted odds of it happening.

I explicitly said i wasn't after discussion. If the RNG is working perfect, then great. It makes the SS and the odds even more impressive. I had a buddy make a beer pong shot that was truly impossible. Then turn around and make it again for 40$ because there was NO way it could happen again. Its a fantastic video.

In what possible way am i trolling by asking for examples and screenshots, instead of seeing another spammed out thread by garbage posts where theres no way of knowing if somethings being exaggerated or not. 
And not only that, its genuinely interesting to see some peoples luck and turnout on different things.

Rufus D`Asperdi - [/quote] You can delete your own thread. Just delete the first post. No mod required. [/quote]

When whales derail threads nothing happens. This Rufus D`Asperdi is one of the worst trolls i ever seen on any gamesite and for some odd reason he manages to get away with just about anything.

There is some really corrupted moderators over at SotA forums that defend the one's that put alot of real life money into the game.

Edit - the poor guy making the thread made a new one cause the first was derailed by a whale.

Post edited by Aragon100 on
GdemamiKyleranRawynMrMelGibsonWaan

Comments

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    But you gotta admit, his nipple armor is legit!

Rawyn
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    edited August 2017
    His new thread - https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/rng-examples-of-impossible-odds-only.96907/

Special treats for the big money spenders. 

It is important all have to follow the same rules and is treated as fairly as the other guy. That is not what happens on the SotA forums. 

Remember this Rufus guy from SotA forums after kickstarter campaign and every PvP thread with suggestions of improvements were derailed by this guy. He hate PvP. And while moderators over at SotA moderated or banned the PvP pro people this one was left untouched.

I think that was the first time i started to understand that they treated players differently.
    Post edited by Aragon100 on
    GdemamiKyleranRawyn
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    But you gotta admit, his nipple armor is legit!

Damn, that's hot.
    RawynMrMelGibson
    So what actions did moderators over at SotA forums take after Rufus D`Asperdi derailed and trolled?

Nada. 

He is still posting on their forums as nothing happened. Being a troll and derail is allowed for the one's that funded the game with enough real life money.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-town-of-dawns-keep.45847/page-5#post-855404
    GdemamiblorpykinsKyleranRawyn
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    edited August 2017
    He's one of the more aggressive whale lobbyists in the game... anyone on the forums there knows that he's quick to throw rage quit threats if PVP development gets too much attention.  In Shroud, money talks and he spends a ton of money so development has catered to his personal wishes.  I think early on the devs actually wanted to ramp up the PVP game but because of whales like Rufus they always backed down and focused on POT development so now PVP is just a lame ass mini-game for players that want to pretend duel.  Add to that their joke of a RNG mechanic and all there is left to do is dance drink and congratulate each other on how much money you can spend inf the cash shop.

lol, this still cracks me up

Aragon100[Deleted User]RawynPhizbin
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    He'd better keep on whalin' or else the game's going to die at this rate, possibly in part thanks to his influence on the development team contributing to the game being what it is today.
    Aragon100[Deleted User]AethaerynPhizbin
    edited August 2017
    He's one of the more aggressive whale lobbyists in the game... anyone on the forums there knows that he's quick to throw rage quit threats if PVP development gets too much attention.  In Shroud, money talks and he spends a ton of money so development has catered to his personal wishes.  I think early on the devs actually wanted to ramp up the PVP game but because of whales like Rufus they always backed down and focused on POT development so now PVP is just a lame ass mini-game for players that want to pretend duel.  Add to that their joke of a RNG mechanic and all there is left to do is dance drink and congratulate each other on how much money you can spend inf the cash shop.

Well said.

Whales like this Rufus guy have a huge responsibility to why the game is in such a horrible condition today.

If developers had listened to the majority of their funders, the one's that wanted a UO2 game and done their best to deliver then today game wouldn't been such a disaster. Well maybe it would but at least they would have had a chance keeping the old UO lovers interested. Today they have all left the game.

All early polls done by the PvP players over at SotA forums on risk vs reward, full loot and a combat system that took player skills (not a card system) had a huge majority for it but developers decided to listen to the whales instead.

Now it is time for developers to realize they made a bad choice.
    Phizbin
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I missed game surveys when companies questioned a cross section of gamers, from hardcore to casual, PvP, to PvE orientated about what they preferred in a game, used that as constant feedback.   Aion did that and I think it's one of the reasons they're still alive.
    [Deleted User]Rawyn

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited August 2017
    Aragon100 said:

Well said.

Whales like this Rufus guy have a huge responsibility to why the game is in such a horrible condition today.

If developers had listened to the majority of their funders, the one's that wanted a UO2 game and done their best to deliver then today game wouldn't been such a disaster. Well maybe it would but at least they would have had a chance keeping the old UO lovers interested. Today they have all left the game.

All early polls done by the PvP players over at SotA forums on risk vs reward, full loot and a combat system that took player skills (not a card system) had a huge majority for it but developers decided to listen to the whales instead.

It is long past the time for the devs to realize their mistakes, all that remains is to salvage the wreckage and move on.
    Aragon100

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    edited August 2017
    The guy is an idiot. He's always been an idiot. His bullshit started on day one. 

''However, he's firmly planted in RG's backside so he can pretty much derail any thread he wants and Berek will overlook it.

That's what you get when you hang out over there.

Lesson: Don't hang out over there. 
    blorpykinsAragon100[Deleted User]Rawyn

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I thought spending money on KS projects that would then fail would be my biggest waste of euro's. Yet somehow this game manages to trump that feeling, what horrible design, game, attitude, interaction, moderation and cash shop.

I hope SotA will become the new standard on how to NOT do a game and interact with your customer base, what a mess...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Rawyn
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    /shudder 
    Even if I wanted to play this game the amount of stuff I keep reading about this game will turn me off.
    Rawynd_20
    Chamber of Chains
  • RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    edited August 2017

ROFL me too. Take a good look folks, these are just a few of the whales that hang out with the devs for begathons, get drunk with them and who the devs cater to for their big spending. I'd so love to see all of them when these people realize their big empty player owned towns will always be empty and the game shuts down forever ROFL. I'm betting they'll still be getting drunk but no toasting and dancing LOL.

On the original topic, this guy Rufus always reminds me of Ezekial Cooper on their forums. He has the same attitude.
  • erponxaoserponxaos Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited August 2017
    Aragon100 said:

Exactly what Aragorn says.If you had a keen eye and knew RG previous fails even if you were an UO veteran you could see how this would probably end.
    And yes this pvp poll was a good indicator of how Port would act in the near future.
    Giving away me account a little while after game went persistent was a wise decision since i got 100% of my expenditure back.
    Now the only thing that matters is the gaming community to point out this wreck for an example to be avoided in every aspect.
    Ice-Queen
  • rune_74rune_74 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Aragon100 said:

Well said.

While I agree with your comments on Rufus, he is pretty much a monster.  The rest of your post is totally out to lunch.  The majority of their founders wanted what was promised in kickstarter, not this PVP nirvana.  The silly poll you are talking about was done in the pop forums and had like 25 people voting on it.  They would have done much better if they had not decided to go the full MMO route and instead focused on the strong narrative game they promised.  What you suggested I would not have backed, much like what they delivered I would not have backed.
    Rawyn
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    This had red flags in the Kickstarter, when you want to sell limited plots of land for real money when the game isn't even released there is something wrong there. Then it was just downhill from there, everything else I've heard about this is just icing on the cake. No clue how they have any support at all. Do yourself a favor and go support SC *sarcasm*
    Rawynd_20
    edited August 2017
    rune_74 said:
    Aragon100 said:

Well said.

While I agree with your comments on Rufus, he is pretty much a monster.  The rest of your post is totally out to lunch.  The majority of their founders wanted what was promised in kickstarter, not this PVP nirvana.  The silly poll you are talking about was done in the pop forums and had like 25 people voting on it.  They would have done much better if they had not decided to go the full MMO route and instead focused on the strong narrative game they promised.  What you suggested I would not have backed, much like what they delivered I would not have backed.
    Rune you and me had our discussions over at SotA forums a long time ago and i know what the majority of PvP players wanted and it was full loot, risk vs reward and a combat system that actually demanded some skills as the UO combat required.

I know your standpoint since long.

There was no 25 ppl voting, look at this thread -

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/poll-pvp-or-pve-which-are-you-unofficial.4120/#post-77768

Almost 350 voted and 65% was in favor of full loot. Dont try to rewrite history it won't work.

Developers listened to a minority which mainly was the one's that only wanted SotA to be a PvE game with a nice story in it.

Today you can yourself see how few they were, but they had a loud mouth on the forums and many had invested alot of real life money.

Developer's and these whales had an agreement that said money talk's. Huge founder's was the one's developer's listened to.

That was the actual reason why a dev+ forum started. Founder's that had invested more real life money got access to dev+ and that way got better communication with developers.

Another thread that had relevance to PK -

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/blocking-the-despicable-pk-p-o-l-l.4205/

Here many PvP players already left the game but full loot is still most popular choice -

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-survey-the-last-one-we-hope-if-listened-unofficial.8493/page-2#post-149027

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvpers-would-you-play-full-time-on-a-full-loot-open-world-pvp-dedicated-server.17976/

Rune remember that developer's said they would listen to their community and create the game they wanted to play. That was BS.

Today SotA is a game very few people play, i estimate it to be max 10% of the total founder's and then i am being VERY generous.

Where are all the oldschool Ultima Online player's that wanted the next UO? The one's that wanted full loot, risk vs reward and a combat system that demanded some actual skills to perform well?

Claiming they were few as the PvE crowd did at the beginning of SotA development won't work anymore. All those founder's left and now the game is almost dead. 

Ask yourself - was it worth it to alienate all those player's? They were the majority of SotA founder's after all.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    If they don't want to run out of business they should cater to the whales all they can.

For everyone else the logical consequence would be to stay far away from the game.
    Rawyn
    Harbinger of Fools
  • Aron_SwordmasterAron_Swordmaster Member UncommonPosts: 181
    Almost 350 voted and 65% was in favor of full loot. Dont try to rewrite history it won't work.
    The PK/PvP community is infamous for meta-gaming every possible advantage, and that includes stuffing polls to make it seem like everyone agrees with them, and they're more numerous than they really are.

350 people wasn't even 1/100th of the forum accounts at the time.

The Poll itself is in the PvP forums. How many people are going to be in the PvP forums who don't like PvP?  It's already horrendously biased in favour of a positive result.

And that's before we get to all the sockpuppets we know are on the forums, and people registering just to help stuff the poll for their PvP friends, but who don't actually own Shroud at that point...

You've spent so long talking only to those who agree with you, you've no idea how unrepresentative your viewpoint is. I mean come on, it's been 20 years since Ultima Online began. Do you really think there's been a 2 decades long conspiracy in the gaming industry to deny the existence of this hoard of PK MMO players you claim are out there? The actual reality of the industry is that outside of maybe EvE Online, virtually no Full Loot, Full PvP  MMO game has ever really been successful. 

Survival horror games, yes. But the chief draw for most MMO players is sacrificing time to grind out levels and housing decorations and other virtual symbols of progess. Having someone come along and kill them and take it off them has only ever been popular to the killers.

Early UO was a mistake, because the industry was new. It hasn't made that mistake again.

But even the small numbers who do want that kind of gameplay then proceed to rip each other apart arguing over who is the most hardcore, the Most Real PK, and you can't even get agreement on something you claim you all want.

Heck, even in Ultima Online, when they tried to run a "Classic" shard, most of you boycotted it because it wasn't as Pure as you demanded, but no two of you could agree on what that even meant.

I also speak from personal experience trying to provide content for you guys.

When I tried to discuss rules for an Arena based Team PvP event with the Europa community, I spent nearly 2 weeks trying to get a coherent, agreed upon rule set. Everyone was trying to manipulate any rules to increase their chances of winning, to the expense of even getting an event running.

In the end, I just had to say "Look, you'll never get one if I don't just pick a set of rules myself"... and on the day, no one would actually fight because the PRO guild (who likely includes our friend the sociopath over in my other thread) were notorious for running cheat engines, and they wanted them disqualified.

After the evening collapsed into trash talking and mutual hate, PRO then demanded they be declared the winner, and when I left the program, tried to deceive the returning EM that they actually had won, and the plaque saying no one wanted to fight was wrong.

So... people just stop bothering trying to reason with them.

I suspect you actually do know, deep down, that your gameplay preferences were never the majority in Shroud. I suspect you're just meta-gaming again, that as long as you get it, you don't care how...?  I hope so anyway, because it would be a shame if you honestly just didn't understand the last 2 decades of industry history.

However, Portalarium did make it seem like you were going to get "Meaningful PvP"... it's in their own Kickstarter after all.  And I don't think anyone would have an issue with that, had they actually been capable of designing it.  It's just another area where they've promised the moon and rolled around in the mud.

But the majority were never going to flag to be available for it. They just weren't. That's one lie I never believed even from the start. Perhaps I should have realised sooner it was typical.
    RufusUO
    Aron we just have to accept that we have different opinions on this.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Aragon100 said:

Please, before you type each other to death!  :wink:
    Aragon100
    Aragon100 said:

Please, before you type each other to death!  :wink:
    Aye that was what i also was thinking. =)
  • rune_74rune_74 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    The PK/PvP community is infamous for meta-gaming every possible advantage, and that includes stuffing polls to make it seem like everyone agrees with them, and they're more numerous than they really are.

This.  Since when was 350 a majority in game that boasted 60000 accounts?

It's all fake like many other ideas in this game.  To many opposing forces with no clear steady hand at the helm created this mess.
    Rawyn
    edited August 2017
    rune_74 said:

This.  Since when was 350 a majority in game that boasted 60000 accounts?

It's all fake like many other ideas in this game.  To many opposing forces with no clear steady hand at the helm created this mess.
    All were interested to influence the future PvP features since all were affected by them when playing online with other's. Remember no feature were set in stone at this time, it was up for developer's to listen to the community and then decide what it should turn out to be, at least that was what they claimed.

A PvE player that hated full loot would of course vote for something else. A PvE player that hated non-consensual PvP would tell developer's he wanted a game without it.

If you read the threads i linked to you will see they are full of PvE player's doing their best to make developer's avoid full loot and non-consensual open world PvP.

As of today noone know's how many of the lickstarter founder's that was positive to PvP with full loot and a non-consensual PvP, noone. 

All we have is these old polls and they tell me that they were in majority.

Neither you or Aron have linked any poll from the beginning of SotA forum's that show me wrong.

Would be interesting to see a poll from late 2013 or early 2014 that give another result then the one's i linked to.

Later polls will of course be inaccurate since most PvP players left the game after 5% loot and a combat system that was a card one.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/407258/the-sota-pvp-compromise
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    And the whales DGAF about SoTA, they will run it into the ground while the devs step aside and let them.....no, devs will go out of their way to help make it happen......then the game dies and the whales have moved on to their next feeding ground.

I love my sub games thank you.
This discussion has been closed.