Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's Next for Azeroth & WoW? - World of Warcraft Columns

124»

Comments

• wandericawanderica Member UncommonPosts: 370

verenov said:

SBFord said:

Leguma11 said:

uuu ... We all wonder ... what will we grind next Exp ....

Pretty much. I mean, they're going to have to replace artifacts and you just KNOW that there's going to be horrific grind to level it up.

Honestly, I miss the old days of finding a weapon that was better than my current one. It was such a thrill. I won't mind that coming back.

Ya know, they might actually have the artifacts "drained" after the defeat of the Legion. I think that would be a good way of getting away from them. Have them tied together.

I expect it'll go down similar to EQ2's epic weapon questline where you end up rewarded with the ability innate to the weapon and a display item of the old weapon. In EQ2's case, it was a housing item. I expect for WoW, however, it will simply be added to your appearance tab.

As for WoW itself, the Old Gods are the next logical step. N'Zoth will likely break free shattering alliances new and old, etc, etc. Anduin will cleanse Khadgar of the corruption, we'll kill Jaina, and Thrall will make a triumphant return. Oh, but to fully understand it, you have to read this 400 page novel written by Noname McWowwriter ($14.99 in paperback / 4.99 on Amazon Kindle, TBA @ Blizzcon 2017).

On the bright side, we may finally see playable Naga. I could totally see that being the new race if, indeed, the next expansion is an Old God expansion with Queen Azshara. Blizzard loves do-gooder rebel factions, after all.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    i am not a big WOW player but the last expantion was good maybe ill buy the new one and sub for a month or so;)
    Sovrath
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Tokken said:
    I wish they would forget the expansion and just make WOW 2 with a whole new story and lore...... a changed world so that things were intereting to play in them again!
    I think "that's it" for mmorpg's from Blizzard.

I mean, they wouldn't have canceled Titan they would have just reworked it. Instead they canceled it, most likely used some bits for Overwatch and called it a day.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    subxaero said:
    As someone who has played since Vanilla making a WoW 2 always sounded me to me like a terrible terrible idea even untill recently.It was untill the last expansion that made me change my mind.

I honestly think legion was an excellent expansion it made so many things right, rep grind through world quests(made it enjoyable) artifact system.
    - Beautifull levelling system by being able to level up at any region(one of the best implementations in the game)
    -No more stupid garsissons being isolated
    - The raids were also nice.

Everything was going fine untill 3-4 months into the expansion i realised i was utterly bored and for the first time it wasn't the game's fault, i was bored because of the same graphic engine the same rootine and the fact that my chars are 110 lvl currently i was bored of endless end-gaming. I was genuinely bored with WoW for the first time in 13 years.

A reinovated WoW 2 with new graphic engine new landscape,currently doesnt seem like a bad idea to me.
    I'm curious as to what people expect from a WOW2, lorewise.  The big lore areas left for WOW are the old gods on azeroth, azshara and eventually the Void.  After that, there's really not much other than filler material.

Do people want Blizzard to reimagine all of WOW lore and start over?  Do they want them to continue existing WOW lore even though that will be quite limited?
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

SBFord said:

Leguma11 said:

Pretty much. I mean, they're going to have to replace artifacts and you just KNOW that there's going to be horrific grind to level it up.

Honestly, I miss the old days of finding a weapon that was better than my current one. It was such a thrill. I won't mind that coming back.

But you never 'hunted' for a weapon. More likely than not, you raided for it. Or grinded PVP for it. Or crafted it.

There was hardly ever a time that I was in a zone questing and found an upgrade to my raid-level weapon.

On my personal note: Legion was honestly one of the best expansions for me (even though I haven't played in about 6-7 months). Probably second to TBC/WOTLK. It was good and solid for me. And I did and do love the artifact system.

My only problem with WoW, and I guess MMOs altogether, is that in order to progress your character by any significant means and in order to challenge your character by any significant means, you have to raid. And not in LFR, actual raid. I am 33 years old with a house, career, family. I no longer am a single guy that has ample time, energy, desire, or mental fortitude to deal with 20 or 30 other personalities. I can't get into it anymore. Its a fun experience when I actually do raid, but then its wears on me. "Be on at this time, or else" or "Yes we downed the boss finally"...crap, I missed it because I went to bed early (and we have been working on that fight for weeks). You kind of miss out on that first kill of a boss that youve been bashing your head in for weeks and the one night you take off, your guild does it. Tired of it. Don't. Have. The. Energy.

So here I am, well over a decade of MMOs later, and Im just burnt on the genre. While I like some social aspects of games, I want a single player progressing game that challenges ME as a player as well as the gear I've accumulated. I have yet to really see this in MMO form, which is why Ive been sticking to D3/PoE/ and other solo grinders.

IMO, WoW is an old formula that is still working. I wonder when that formula runs out and where will people turn next?
    Moxom914
  • MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    SBFord said:
    Rawyn said:
    Maybe the next expansion we can get a bard class. Loved the bard and skald classes in Dark age of Camelot. Legion has been a blast for me.
    OMG I would so LOVE a Bard in WoW -- maybe even a pure support class. Perhaps not a healer, but a pure buffing class with some good (though few) melee abilities or "break their eardrums with decibels" type ranged damage. :D
    Would love a buffing/debuff class.  But this game doesn't appear to be going in the direction for buff/debuffs or CC unfortunately.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    The only possibility for Blizzard that would appeal to me now would be a StarCraft based MMORPG
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Kinda like EQ, the more WoW expanded the more I lost interest....
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    cesmode8 said:

SBFord said:

Leguma11 said:

But you never 'hunted' for a weapon. More likely than not, you raided for it. Or grinded PVP for it. Or crafted it.

There was hardly ever a time that I was in a zone questing and found an upgrade to my raid-level weapon.

On my personal note: Legion was honestly one of the best expansions for me (even though I haven't played in about 6-7 months). Probably second to TBC/WOTLK. It was good and solid for me. And I did and do love the artifact system.

My only problem with WoW, and I guess MMOs altogether, is that in order to progress your character by any significant means and in order to challenge your character by any significant means, you have to raid. And not in LFR, actual raid. I am 33 years old with a house, career, family. I no longer am a single guy that has ample time, energy, desire, or mental fortitude to deal with 20 or 30 other personalities. I can't get into it anymore. Its a fun experience when I actually do raid, but then its wears on me. "Be on at this time, or else" or "Yes we downed the boss finally"...crap, I missed it because I went to bed early (and we have been working on that fight for weeks). You kind of miss out on that first kill of a boss that youve been bashing your head in for weeks and the one night you take off, your guild does it. Tired of it. Don't. Have. The. Energy.

So here I am, well over a decade of MMOs later, and Im just burnt on the genre. While I like some social aspects of games, I want a single player progressing game that challenges ME as a player as well as the gear I've accumulated. I have yet to really see this in MMO form, which is why Ive been sticking to D3/PoE/ and other solo grinders.

IMO, WoW is an old formula that is still working. I wonder when that formula runs out and where will people turn next?
    you read my mind. i would love a solo wow experience. 
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    I liked Legion in the beginning. But unfortunately I just couldn't find anything there to make me want to keep playing. I feel like all of the systems in place from WOD that I didn't enjoy were brought back 3 fold. I hit cap on one character and just felt bored the entire time. I actually had more fun playing a BC private server and a WOTLK private server than the actual game, which is a first for me (I've always avoided private servers). I'm hoping they can bring back some form of exploration, some form of dungeon difficulty like before, where I actually had to mark mobs for sleeping or polymorph, and mark which to kill first. Now it's just run in, group everything, destroy it. Over and over. Ruins the fun for me. 
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431

SBFord said:

What would really be nice would be a "resting" expansion where we spent more time within our faction dealing with the loss of leadership, political dynamics and inner conflict between allied races. 

Honestly, do you really think the venerable Night Elves would submit to a human king who is little more than a teenager with no experience in war regardless of how filled with THE LIGHT he is? And in the Horde, the Tauren can't be overly thrilled at Sylvanas being the Warchief.

I'm tired of being the super star at the center of the story. I'm tired of saving the world yet again and want some time off to chill with political maneuvering.

This would be very cool but wouldn't satisfy raiders one bit. There needs to be some big baddy to beat, to save azeroth or something.

Would be great to see a raid-less expansion!
    Moxom914
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    cesmode8 said:

SBFord said:

What would really be nice would be a "resting" expansion where we spent more time within our faction dealing with the loss of leadership, political dynamics and inner conflict between allied races. 

Honestly, do you really think the venerable Night Elves would submit to a human king who is little more than a teenager with no experience in war regardless of how filled with THE LIGHT he is? And in the Horde, the Tauren can't be overly thrilled at Sylvanas being the Warchief.

I'm tired of being the super star at the center of the story. I'm tired of saving the world yet again and want some time off to chill with political maneuvering.

This would be very cool but wouldn't satisfy raiders one bit. There needs to be some big baddy to beat, to save azeroth or something.

Would be great to see a raid-less expansion!
    true story. since only a fraction of players raid, only makes sense to make an xpac around what players actually do instead of what blizz wants you to do.
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    Maybe they will let us reroll our toons to level 1 and add Seasons and Difficulty (torment) levels....
  • ZanthraZanthra Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Player housing not that Garrison type of blah. The option to tint/color armor, perhaps a new profession that would produce said tints/colors. Guild Halls that we could actually decorate, and level up with the guild's help to become a fortress type for the guild. SWG type of decorating for house and guild halls....sighs I miss SWG haha
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Moxom914 said:
    cesmode8 said:

SBFord said:

Leguma11 said:

you read my mind. i would love a solo wow experience. 
    Dragon Age Inquisition sounds like the game for you.

Not to be a dick, but if you don't want to interact with people...  Multiplayer games in general sound like a bad bet.  And, fortunately, not having to scale things up to the MMO side means you'll find a more involved story, more fluid combat, and higher quality graphics in the smaller multiplayer and singleplayer games.

MMORPGs, in general, have inferior gameplay systems to smaller multiplayer and singleplayer games when those systems are compared 1 to 1.  The scale of the multiplayer is what MMORPGs bring to the table to make up for that.  Just removing the multiplayer would leave you with an RPG that, by any unbiased review, would be completely lackluster compared to other RPG titles.

• nakayaqnakayaq Member CommonPosts: 1
    Honestly i think they should do the gods as well i mean there is not much else you could do Arthas is defeated the legion is about to be (come on why wouldn't they be that is not even cause for question) and dragon is gone( as far as we know) and every one else is either dead or imprisoned so what else is there but the gods. i hated the artifacts the leveling sucked with them i agree with every one that the range weapons and old game play should be back i miss the old wow when it just got out of being called Warcraft they should not remake the game but do the next expansion as if they would the factions will obviously have to team up to defeat the gods and because of that let there be new every thing don't remake the game but change it back to the good old days.
    # DO THE RIGHT THING