Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the game?

2»

Comments

• Max_StrikerMax_Striker Member UncommonPosts: 263
    It's just me or more people find animations very, very poor to say the least? It is strange because the environment looks so amazing and alive. But when the character starts to fight or harvest it looks pathetic, very bad and poor animations. Maybe they will improve that later but I didn't hear anything about it yet.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Bru7al said:
    It's just me or more people find animations very, very poor to say the least? It is strange because the environment looks so amazing and alive. But when the character starts to fight or harvest it looks pathetic, very bad and poor animations. Maybe they will improve that later but I didn't hear anything about it yet.
    It's early access. I suspect the animations will change a bit. Might not be the "amazing" that people want but the game isn't even in beta.
    KyleranOctagon7711Mikeha
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    It's a hunk of dark.  The light hasnt kicked in yet.  Who knows if it ever will to make Dark and Light.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    Was watching a few streams tonight and the hacking is really bad - as far as people going through walls and just leveling bases, was pretty sad to watch.
    yeah, that's why I think with these games it's just better to have a server with friends.
    Is there a cash shop somewhere I can buy some friends?

;)
    Octagon7711

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    That's an interesting idea, buying NPC friends in the cash shop.  GW1 you could buy heroes if I remember correctly you could have an entire NPC group.  

In some countries you can actually rent a friend, or rent a dad.  What a world, what a world.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
     Octagon7711 said:
    That's an interesting idea, buying NPC friends in the cash shop.  GW1 you could buy heroes if I remember correctly you could have an entire NPC group.  

In some countries you can actually rent a friend, or rent a dad.  What a world, what a world.

This is how you HAVE to play Wakfu/Dofus basically lol.  Not enough people around to form a group so they have made NPCs you control :D
  • QuarterStackQuarterStack Member RarePosts: 546
    edited December 2017
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:
    Was watching a few streams tonight and the hacking is really bad - as far as people going through walls and just leveling bases, was pretty sad to watch.
    yeah, that's why I think with these games it's just better to have a server with friends.
    Exactly what I've done. Rented server hosting for DnL and have it password protected, so only people I know and trust can log in. Still getting the settings tweaked to where I like them, but once I get that done, I'll be giving people the info. Starting with a 10 player cap, will increase as necessary.

I love DnL, even as it is now, in Early Access. You nailed it in a previous post about people not understanding what they're getting into when they sign up for something in EA. It never fails, people go into the game, they read the disclaimer, they understand what it means (or claim to), and yet, inevitably will end up saying "I know it's Early Access and there's going to be bugs... but..." and then list things believe should "should be working properly". And of course, by "working properly", they mean "working the way they want them to, regardless if it's how the devs intend it to be or not".

That last bit is really no different from any other genre, people find some mechanic or function they don't like, they deem it "broken" and complain that those damn clueless devs haven't "fixed it" yet.

They're okay with Early Access having bugs.. just as long as it's nothing directly affecting them. In other words... they should stay away from EA games, because they demonstrably do not understand what they're signing up for. 

It's like going into a vegetarian restaurant, understanding - or claiming to understand - what "vegetarian" means... but then saying "I understand it's a vegetarian restaurant, but there's no reason to not have steak on the menu by now". 

• WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    DnL is poorly optimized. Sometimes it lags profusely, sometimes it has decent fps. But it definitely feels like an early access game and will require at minimum one more year of hard work to see a proper game.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    edited January 2018
    I bought DnL at the beginning when it first came out. I played it a couple months and stopped due to loading screen and lag issues.  I wanted it to evolve a bit more and get optimized.  I haven't played it since... but I will go back to it eventually.  Anyone comment on how it has evolved please?  Still long loading screens, rubber-banding, etc.??  Thank you.

I loved Citadel from the start.  It did get boring after time but there seems to be a roadmap that leads to some exciting developments.  Dungeons, Farming, New animals and skills.  It certainly has potential. 

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!