Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fortnite Early Access: On Its Way to Excellence - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

Comments

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Aeander said:
    So, am I correct in my assumption that this is basically Dungeon Defenders on a larger scale?
    Eh not really - probably a rose tinted glasses issue but I and friend played the dog out of Dungeon Defenders. The loot was well done and the progression wasn't complicated or grindy. Fortnite is a great game but it's not found itself yet, imho.
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Aeander said:
    So, am I correct in my assumption that this is basically Dungeon Defenders on a larger scale?
    Sort of.  It requires a lot more gathering and crafting.. more everything... different modes to complete.. more complex building.

• postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    SEANMCAD said:
    MaxBacon said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    but what I am getting at is basically games that do that are almost always not any good
    That's like, your opinion man, this company has not only developed one mainstream engine used for many AAA titles today, side of the ones they developed themselves under Unreal.

I think you're a bit too obsessed with hating Fortnite, in such a wide range not even the company itself gets a pass. lol
    yeah but AAA are second rate as far as I am concerned and yes that is my opinion.

I find AAA to be EXTREEMLY limited game play which I dont consider to be a high rate game
    Unreal engine is also used for a lot of indie titles too, including VR games.  Chances are you've played several games that have used a version of the unreal engine.  
    He would never admit it if he did.

maskedweasel

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Why must GreenmanGaming send me a 20% off code... damn them for tempting my willpower.
    sschrupp

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Why must GreenmanGaming send me a 20% off code... damn them for tempting my willpower.
    You can't refund games bought through GMG
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Shaigh said:
    You can't refund games bought through GMG
    That loss tends to be worth it though. Reliable discounts on preorders takes a lot of the sting out of a purchase, whether you like the game or not.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Only game I ever refunded was Mortal Online... so not too worried on that front.
    maskedweasel

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    SEANMCAD said:

SEANMCAD said:

why do so many of these second rate developers like to use Valves term 'Early Access' when its not on Steam Early Access, these guys have to obfuscate everything

2nd rate developer? This is Epic Games. Hardly 2nd rate
    I dont agree but we all have opinions
    Are you and Wizardry brothers? Even if not you two must share the hate gene...
    [Deleted User]AeanderpostlarvalThupli
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was waiting for the game,they pretty much had my money,but soon as i see early access or crowd funding or kickstasrters,that game is off my list.
    Really too bad,i never for once thought Epic games would go down this deceiving fox hole.

BTW Nitemare,don't be talking about me in a forum about gaming,or you want me to start insulting you?
    YOUR antics,such as this proves to me you are an immature person,here is a hint>>>>GROW UP.
    Jonnyp2Aeander

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I think you correct the class list wrong, you list constructor twice!
    The secret to the loot pinatas after rank 10 is to join Shield Defense missions. All participants get a llama. That is why you see a lot of calls for those kind of missions in chat.
  • F2PlagueF2Plague Member UncommonPosts: 232
    This game is god awful. Advertised as an "Open world survive the night base builder" and then you get handed a piece of shit with a never ending tutorial and every single thing is an instanced mission. Trying to like it made me hate it more. Will never trust Epic Games again.
    F2Plague said:
    This game is god awful. Advertised as an "Open world survive the night base builder" and then you get handed a piece of shit with a never ending tutorial and every single thing is an instanced mission. Trying to like it made me hate it more. Will never trust Epic Games again.
    I don't recall anything about it being open world on any of the advertisements I saw. 
    sschrupp

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Aeander said:

It's like Dungeon Defenders but with less emphasis on the loot drops and massive focus on a poorly-explained base/squads/skill system.
    -- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    F2Plague said:
    I don't recall anything about it being open world on any of the advertisements I saw. 
    Fortnite is an upcoming Open World game developed by Epic Games and Epic Games Poland.
    http://fortnite.wikia.com/wiki/Fortnite

'Fortnite, the years-in-development open-world action game by Epic Games'
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/1/14778288/fortnite-open-beta-coming

this story sounds familiar 'oh they never called it (The Division) an MMO' remember that one?

why cant these fucktards just make a good game and leave it at that.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• TyranusPrimeTyranusPrime Member UncommonPosts: 306
    This game came as a surprise to me.. Hadn't read or heard anything about it until a few days before the access started.. Guess I got lucky enough never to see or hear about any "open world" hype.. It's definitely not open-world..

The tutorial portion definitely needs some tweaking to feel more final much sooner.. Sent feedback in about that pretty quick.. As with some beta experiences, I am trying not to expect perfection right off the bat..

But, regardless, taking the game at face-value with no preconceived notions about it has really worked in my favor.. Enjoying it a lot.. :)
    esc-joconnor

..because we're gamers, damn it!! - William Massachusetts (Log Horizon)

SEANMCAD said:
    F2Plague said:
    Fortnite is an upcoming Open World game developed by Epic Games and Epic Games Poland.

this story sounds familiar 'oh they never called it (The Division) an MMO' remember that one?

Neither of those articles came directly from EPIC. 
    [Deleted User]

SEANMCAD said:
    F2Plague said:

like I said....

'this story sounds familiar 'oh they never called it (The Division) an MMO' remember that one?'

exact same thing, exact same arguement made about The Division.

I guess these poor companies are just victims to wide spread consistent misunderstanding of what they were told...

lol...yeah...or maybe not so much

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    F2Plague said:

like I said....

'this story sounds familiar 'oh they never called it (The Division) an MMO' remember that one?'

I guess these poor companies are just victims to wide spread consistent misunderstanding of what they were told...

Reportedly they will have an open world in the future, but it was never mentioned as far as I know.  Peoples perceptions can't be helped I guess.  It doesn't help that half the people have their own opinions on what an "open world" is. 
    sschrupp

edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    F2Plague said:

like I said....

Reportedly they will have an open world in the future, but it was never mentioned as far as I know.  Peoples perceptions can't be helped I guess.  It doesn't help that half the people have their own opinions on what an "open world" is. 
    its marketing, just like The Divsion, just like No Mans Sky was. 

They tell journalist sites that its an 'Open World', or 'an MMO', or 'there is space stations' and then 'they' (the developer) doesnt say it but every single solitary journalism site says describes the game exactly the same way...what? by chance?...lol

then that way if things go for shit they and their fanboy pawns can say 'we never said'

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

They tell journalist sites that its an Open World, or an MMO, or there is space stations and then 'they' the developer doesnt say it but every single solitary journalism site says describes the game exactly the same way...what? by chance?...lol

then that way if things go for shit they and their fanboy pawns can say 'we never said'
    You showed 2 sites that said it. That's hardly "every single solitary journalism site".  In fact the majority of the sites don't say anything about an open world.  Not even wikipedia does. 
    [Deleted User]

edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

They tell journalist sites that its an Open World, or an MMO, or there is space stations and then 'they' the developer doesnt say it but every single solitary journalism site says describes the game exactly the same way...what? by chance?...lol

You showed 2 sites that said it. That's hardly "every single solitary journalism site".  In fact the majority of the sites don't say anything about an open world.  Not even wikipedia does. 
    ah you would like me to find more? ok will do. I was hoping not to spend a lot of time and that only 2 would do but sense you asked I shall go find some more

here are a few more, granted not everything comes directly from journalism sites but I have to ask a compelling thought provoking question. where do people get the idea that its 'open world'? pulled from their ass?

'An upcoming Open World game developed by Epic Games '

https://www.greenmangaming.com/blog/fortnite-zombie-apocalypse-never-looked-good/

I really dont want to spend all day doing this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortnite
    (calls it a 'sandbox' instead of an 'open world' HUGE difference...right?)

edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

I just gave you three more.

but I gotta ask, where do you think people get the idea that its open world? did they just pull that out of their ass or something?

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

ah you would like me to find more? ok will do. I was hoping not to spend a lot of time and that only 2 would do but sense you asked I shall go find some more

here are a few more, granted not everything comes directly from journalism sites but I have to ask a compelling thought provoking question. where do people get the idea that its 'open world'? pulled from their ass?

NICE.. a forum post, a blog post and a facebook post.  The blog post just says "open world" but then goes on to explain it's not an open world.  They other two are opinions from non-reputable gaming sites.  That you're going to these lengths (forums, blogs and non industry related facebook) should show you how it's not gaming sites stating this but people's personal perceptions. 

edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:

NICE.. a forum post, a blog post and a facebook post.  The blog post just says "open world" but then goes on to explain it's not an open world.  They other two are opinions from non-reputable gaming sites.  That you're going to these lengths (forums, blogs and non industry related facebook) should show you how it's not gaming sites stating this but people's personal perceptions. 
    are you missing the forest for the trees?

think for a second.

1. you are wanting to trap me into a 'oh my gawd its not 'all' its just some' while in so doing engaging me to find even MORE links...
    2. your missing the forest for the trees. Yes I am sure its not 'literally' 'all' but by engaging me on that technicality what have you done? you have engaged me to look for more links...

really?

people got the idea that its 'open world' from some where, its not random, shit like that doesnt just happened randomly. I read a forum poster saying the same thing about the game here on MMORPG. in fact I think it was you.