Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Our Goal is to Make It Truly Accessible to Anyone' - Darkfall: Rise of Agon - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

image'Our Goal is to Make It Truly Accessible to Anyone' - Darkfall: Rise of Agon - MMORPG.com

Darkfall: Rise of Agon News - The Darkfall: Rise of Agon site has a brief note from the Big Picture Games development team that thanks players for their feedback over the past few months since the game's release. Using that feedback, the new direction moving forward will be focused on "removing tedium, grinds and power gaps to make Darkfall: Rise of Agon truly accessible to anyone".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Feels like its gonna work on transitioning to f2p.
    SpottyGekko
  • DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Albatroes said:
    I feel like if they are fair with their F2P system ala Wildstar, it could do really well! I know i'd play it.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Albatroes said:
    I'm sure their B2P sales have tailed-off considerably by now. But their expenses probably haven't.

Something has got to give... or else someone has to start giving ! :D
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

DMKano said:

If they want it accessible to all they need PVE only servers.

I know hardcore pvp fans hate to admit it, but honestly that's where the true crowd has always been in mmorpgs for at least a decade. People forget that you're doing PvE 80% of the time, like farming, grinding exp, questing and such, which makes constant ganking annoying. Most players like having control over their pvp experience, such as designated zones and battlegrounds etc.
    ICEBLUE[Deleted User]Pesky
  • zenomexzenomex Member UncommonPosts: 242
    I need PvP to sustain my ego
    BruceYee
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Albatroes said:

I know hardcore pvp fans hate to admit it, but honestly that's where the true crowd has always been in mmorpgs for at least a decade. People forget that you're doing PvE 80% of the time, like farming, grinding exp, questing and such, which makes constant ganking annoying. Most players like having control over their pvp experience, such as designated zones and battlegrounds etc.
    With a few exceptions it have been like that since M59 and the Realm in '96. But I am not sure that people want designated zones and battlegrounds in all their games, it is more that most MMOs are designed in a way making that more convenient.

Something like WW2Online (which could have been far better) don't need anything like that. I am not sure where Darkfall have went since the first version though, for designated PvE places you need plenty of PvE content after all and there is no way the original game would have pulled that off.

And if you make the game too accessible to everyone you risk losing the actual fans left which isn't good. And revamping the entire game so you have enough PvE content to run PvE only servers or more then a few zones is expensive and risk becoming a new NGE, in that case it is better to keep the original game and clone what you can for a PvE game with a different name.

Darkfall isn't really a name that will sell copies to solo fans and PvE only players no matter what they do.
    [Deleted User]
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Woot mobile
  • BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    I realize the whole PVE server thing is pure speculation, but I'm not so sure it would work with Darkfall.

Online gamers are more product savvy than they were back in the UO days, and Darkfall has been associated with serious PVP since its inception. I think most MMO gamers who have heard about Darkfall will immediately identify it as an open world PVP game.

• PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    Open world PvP is such a huge turnoff. At least make it consensual PvP and I'll give it a try.