Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Players Invited to PTS to Test Out Technical Alpha - Project Genom - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imagePlayers Invited to PTS to Test Out Technical Alpha - Project Genom - MMORPG.com

Project Genom News - Today is a big day for the Project Genom team with the launch of the game's Public Test Server. It provides players an opportunity to try out the earliest version of the technical alpha, the most recent game version that brings a number of changes to current systems as well as updates to a wide variety of new systems. The forum post has detailed instructions on how to register for the PTS as well as the features they can expect to find once in game.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited July 2017
    maybe write somewhere in the news that only for the peoples who have buy into the early acess on stream... the new at first was making me think everyone could try the game for free. they invite me to buy their game in stream basicaly, when you click the website link
    XophOy-jordDavodtheTutt
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

maybe write somewhere in the news that only for the peoples who have buy into the early acess on stream... the new at first was making me think everyone could try the game for free. they invite me to buy their game in stream basicaly, when you click the website link

Pretty much how most games go, isn't it?
    KonfessRawyn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member RarePosts: 654
    hmm this is not open invitation..

:(

i dont buy early access games anymore

Oy-jord
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    They should open the PTS to everyone for free. It would be a great way to try the game, while the frequent wipes would make it unattractive for long-term play.
    Oy-jordSBFordGdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2017

SBFord said:

Pretty much how most games go, isn't it?

Suzie, I do believe you are starting to become jaded like the rest of us.

BTW, news article does state one must have a registered copy of the game and directs you to buy it on Steam to join the PTS.
    SBFord

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RawynRawyn Member UncommonPosts: 202
    edited July 2017
    I hope this game and it's devs do great, they've done a good job for a few devs and small budget. Compare this game to Shroud to the Avatar which had millions thrown at it by backers. There's just no comparison. I'm wishing this team the best, they deserve it.
    Post edited by Rawyn on
    SBFord
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516

They should open the PTS to everyone for free. It would be a great way to try the game, while the frequent wipes would make it unattractive for long-term play.

nah early acess are more about, you show the less possible and make it the best looking possible, hype it like crazy, hide it behind a paywall, then peoples buy into your game, you got the money and lalalalalalalala, job done, maybe we will finish the game one day if we feel like it !!
  • Oy-jordOy-jord Member UncommonPosts: 44
    It can't be a "public" test server, because it's not open to the public.

Words matter.
    Gdemami
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited July 2017

nah early acess are more about, you show the less possible and make it the best looking possible, hype it like crazy, hide it behind a paywall, then peoples buy into your game, you got the money and lalalalalalalala, job done, maybe we will finish the game one day if we feel like it !!
    And yet this team has done none of that. They don't hype, they don't apply the hard sell. Rather, each week, they give a detailed report about what they are working on and have been up front with the issues and problems they've encountered since starting Project Genom.

This team has worked doggedly and with a dedication that every developer should have. I'm not a backer but I'm inclined to become one just for watching all this discussion. These guys aren't doing anything different with regard to a PTS than a vast majority of developers whose games are in the works and most of those that are already released in final retail form. I think people have just gotten woefully spoiled or perhaps have a bit of gaming PTSD from bad experiences in the past but that's not the fault of this development team. 

Geez.
    DavodtheTuttPugroc

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited July 2017

Oy-jord said:

Words matter.

Public does not mean accessible by anyone - public just means outside of development team, usually customer(s).

ConstantineMerusSBFord
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Gdemami said:

Oy-jord said:

Words matter.

Public does not mean accessible by anyone - public just means outside of development team, usually customer(s).

Yep. It's like when the movies premiere for public one nags from home for not receiving a copy hence it ain't public. Public also doesn't mean free. 
    SBFord
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung