Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massive Update to Address Optimization - Dark and Light News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageMassive Update to Address Optimization - Dark and Light News

Dark & Light is getting a massive update today that is designed to target optimization issues across a number of game features including game performance, world design, and system fixes. In addition, game features have been updated including items, creatures, defenses, cities and NPCs and the game UI.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

DMKano said:

Whenever I see something like this for a game as uninished as DnL - I cant help but ask, why didnt they do this before releasing it on steam?

We gotta remember, this is Snail Games. I know I say how bad they are in the NA/EU but unfortunately its just their history. I'm sure they are great in the east, but in the western market, they are just known for cash grab projects.
    RexKushman
  • ChaserzChaserz Member UncommonPosts: 317
    It's in an alpha state. For those of you that bought this knowing that what exactly were you expecting?
  • ulrick1965ulrick1965 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Amazes me that those who don't even play a game insist on pursuing a negative agenda. Is it the "I must post on every thread" mentality. Will these Nay sayers recant when the game reaches what they believe is a sufficient level of polish? Doubtful.

I enjoy the articles and news on this site. The toxic and negative posts that many of the "community" consistently spew not so much.
    hupaTokkenAlomarXophMikeha
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    DMKano said:
    Whenever I see something like this for a game as uninished as DnL - I cant help but ask, why didnt they do this before releasing it on steam?
    Were they so desperate for money that they couldn't delay the start of EA by a week ? Has it even been a week since EA started ?

I'll remain firmly in the wait-and-see camp on this one...
    wingoodHatefull
  • jgDuffayjgDuffay Member UncommonPosts: 237

DMKano said:

Were they so desperate for money that they couldn't delay the start of EA by a week ? Has it even been a week since EA started ?

I'll remain firmly in the wait-and-see camp on this one...

Maybe it was a planed update that dint hit the deadline for the EA steam release?
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    They had to hurry the deadline due to Citadel: Forged in Fire which would compete in their sales. Hence their only 3-day before early access announcement. That said. This makes it a lot more promising.
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737

DMKano said:

Chaserz said:

It's in an alpha state. For those of you that bought this knowing that what exactly were you expecting?

I expected somethig worthy of money I was charged.

On release it wasnt worth a penny for me - so I took advantage of Steams refund after 90min

How can you know how something is first hand without trying it?

If they offered a free trial Id agree with you, but remember this is a buy to try so the burden is on them.

Amazing that you would defend this without a free trial

You can buy a turd for 20 dollars and it will still be a turd. Buy any early access game for 20 dollars and it will still be early access. You're at fault for buying an unfinished game. How I look at these prices is the loose investment because the early access price is significantly lower than the finished title.

In a way, you are buying into the promise and expectation you have for it and not for what it is now. Nobody is forcing you to purchase an unfinished game and complain that it is unfinished. It's in the disclaimer.
    Mikeha
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Amazes me that those who don't even play a game insist on pursuing a negative agenda. Is it the "I must post on every thread" mentality. Will these Nay sayers recant when the game reaches what they believe is a sufficient level of polish? Doubtful.

I enjoy the articles and news on this site. The toxic and negative posts that many of the "community" consistently spew not so much.

That's one way to look at it.

If something is crappy people will say it's crappy. Is that inappropriate?

If the developer improves it, in most cases people DO say "Wow, that used to be crappy and they fixed it, good for them". Typically people speak on things they have/had interest in.

Why do folks have to create these imaginary corporate/political thrillers out of a game being shitty & unfinished. What AGENDA? Yes, when you sell a product you're open to the critical opinions of people who buy/or would buy.
    shalissar
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • GendarkGendark Member UncommonPosts: 100
    edited July 2017
    I am amazed of the people that buy an Early Access game on day one and then they blame everyone, but themselves for buying an unfinished game.
    Dude you have a big warning on the steam page saying the game is in Early access wich means that isn't finished and will have lots of bugs "even more the first days".
    But then i go to forums, reddits or other media crying because the devs "released" something unfinished.
    In short it is your fault, learn to read, don't buy EA if you expect a "released" game.

Hey, it is perfectly okay for other mmos or kickstarters to do paid alphas/betas but Early access in steam is just wrong... double standars everywhere.
    Oh wait and if the game that does it, is the one where my hype is, then they are our lords and saviours for such great approach to game developing.
    Post edited by Gendark on
    wingood
  • RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    edited July 2017

Gendark said:

I am amazed of the people that buy an Early Access game on day one and then they blame everyone, but themselves for buying an unfinished game.

Dude you have a big warning on the steam page saying the game is in Early access wich means that isn't finished and will have lots of bugs "even more the first days".

But then i go to forums, reddits or other media crying because the devs "released" something unfinished.

In short it is your fault, learn to read, don't buy EA if you expect a "released" game.

Hey, it is perfectly okay for other mmos or kickstarters to do paid alphas/betas but Early access in steam is just wrong... double standars everywhere.

Oh wait and if the game that does it, is the one where my hype is, then they are our lords and saviours for such great approach to game developing.

maybe they should do warning for exemple : beta ( close from releases ) , apha ( bugged a bit )
    early alpha ( full bugs but main features kinda there ) and concept early alpha ( this game )

stop blame consumer !! they dont offert any trial, their screenshot dont even look the same ingame ! they show amazing pre renderer video who dont look the same.... and you, you blame consumer who buy the game ?

they should have know ? well how we should have know exactly ?? smart ass ? it a buggy mess, stream should have some standar for dont accept these bullshit game almost not playable...even... if yes, they are in early acess !!!
  • DeepfriedsoldierDeepfriedsoldier Member CommonPosts: 1
    Personally I am loving this game. I have spent 76 hours on it already and have enjoyed every minute. You know why? Because I bought it knowing what I was getting into. An EARLY ACCESS title. Seriously how hard is that to understand for some people.

There will be bugs. It will be unfinished. It will crash, change, wipe, evolve in both good and bad ways and it will be one hell of a ride for all those willing to look at it from a none negative approach. We already have an active pve server up and more players join by the day who love this game.

You dont love it, we get it, now get over it and find something you do enjoy instead of spreading toxicity.
    MikehaOctagon7711
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

DMKano said:

Are you saying that a developer should FINISH a game prior to release? Good Lord man, this isn't the dark ages!!!

/Sarcasm

I agree with you completely on this one.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

DMKano said:

I don't think I've ever played a game that was ready for release. They get released, they get fixed, been that way for a long time now. Most games take about a year or two before they play like they should have on release day.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Personally I am loving this game. I have spent 76 hours on it already and have enjoyed every minute. You know why? Because I bought it knowing what I was getting into. An EARLY ACCESS title. Seriously how hard is that to understand for some people.

There will be bugs. It will be unfinished. It will crash, change, wipe, evolve in both good and bad ways and it will be one hell of a ride for all those willing to look at it from a none negative approach. We already have an active pve server up and more players join by the day who love this game.

You dont love it, we get it, now get over it and find something you do enjoy instead of spreading toxicity.

Yea I'm liking the game also. I expect it to be a buggy release alpha, it's more stable then some other games I've played that had a final release. I'm in no hurry with one. And with a refund policy there should be no complaints.
    Deepfriedsoldier

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited July 2017

Same here,

I bought it day 1 knowing exactly what I was buying too. Really good game that is only going to be better. People complain when they do exactly what they should be doing and that's patching the game and making it better. /SMH

Deepfriedsoldier
  • DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593
    74 Hours into it so far. Having a great time so far. I knew it was EA, I expected less to be truthful. Not a bad start, in my opinion it can only get better.