Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RMT relationships between devs and whales

blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
For my example I'll use Shroud of the Avatar.

When you purchase an expensive enough pledge or bundle for SotA you gain access to an area in the forums called Dev+.  This paywall access forum is supposed to give you a more personal dialog with game developers and allow you access to test servers prior to changes going live.  There's always been friction in the community concerning Dev+ access and the potential for finding exploits and using them for economic advantages mostly because SotA is such a RMT heavy grind.

But now it seems that the developers are giving trade information to folks with Dev+ access, and people are pissed.

Obsidian chips are used to create rare Obsidian weapons... these weapons are then used to farm Cabalists and Obsidian golems which give Obsidian chips and also drop valuable artifacts and rares... that in turn command extremely high RMT prices in the forum marketplace.

Currently in the live server, 1 Obsidian ingot can be forged from 100 obsidian chips, and that's how it's always been since SotA went live a year ago.  Now the devs are telling Dev+ backers that in the next live release Obsidian ingots will require 1000 Obsidian chips per.  Is this practice fair to the gamers that don't have Dev+ access?  Whales are buying access to Dev+ and cahing in on every release, and now they're buying up obs chips and weps like it's nobody's business and there's a heated debate about the integrity of the developers and the viability of Dev+.

Now I'm curious to know if other games and developers put insider trading information behind paywalls.
Gdemami
«1

Comments

  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,272
    Well from my experience, quite a lot of NA/EU players have been behind RMT activity, mainly from hearing about them doing it back when vent and skype was a main voice option. As for pretty much always seeing currency sellers in day ones of open betas etc, its always been my theory that staffers (I wont say devs since a lot of games are just published now) were behind RMT activity. A lot of people in Aeria used to get caught doing this back in the day (they probably still do) so it wouldn't surprise me that most companies are involved in it one way or the other, such as cutting wages in exchange for virtual currency that they can do what they wish with etc, so it lowers the company's overhead.
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    For the example in the OP, I guess it's being considered as P2W.  The devs have gone through the forum and deleted many threads and issued warnings to people that aren't even in Dev+ just for talking about the information.

    Are there any other games that put insider RMT information behind paywalls for whales?
    Gdemami
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Simple, Don't play there Game. your welcome
    anemoMultibytesacredcow4forcelima
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,357
    SotA is getting ready to embrace RMT at a whole new level.  Read the recent threads about their partnership with NEVERDIE on trading in-game assets using newly created crypto currencies.

    The frenzied buying isn't to profit from in game assets, playes being encouraged (or baited) into making real life cash off of the game raises things to an entirely different level, even way beyond what goes on in Entropa Universe today.

    Of course one of the first things to invade any financial system would be insider trading.


    Gdemami

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,526
    Sounds just like politics.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,098
    Shroud of the Avatar has live servers?  Huh.  Who knew?  I thought the game hadn't launched yet.

    Or if you're talking about shenanigans in some early pre-release stuff that will be wiped at launch, then who cares?
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    I'm not speaking to SotA here, I'm speaking to every game that has ever been created.

    People who play on the PTR or participate in open alpha or beta are gaining access to information that otherwise would not be obtainable prior to it's release.  In essence, it's just like those who buy a leveling guide.  They do it to gain an edge over other players.  Whether such edge is free or paid for doesn't change the fact that one person has an advantage over another that would otherwise not have been the case.

    Complaining about something that has gone on since the advent of video games seems silly.  Reality is, there is always someone in the game with an unfair advantage over you.  Always.  Whether it be because some GM gifted them with the Sword of a Thousand Truths or because they've played the alpha so much that they've mapped every location in game to find the most valuable items, doesn't change the fact that they have the advantage.

    Now you could do all the things that they do and even the playing field between the two of you, but now you are the player with the unfair advantage over those that don't.  

    Video games aren't fair.  They never have been.  If winning the race is your only goal, you have to get in the same water as the whales.  If just merely playing the game is enough, shrug it off and just play the game.  The guy that has it all within hours of release is still going to have it all within hours of release whether you do something about it or not.  
    [Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,357
    Quizzical said:
    Shroud of the Avatar has live servers?  Huh.  Who knew?  I thought the game hadn't launched yet.

    Or if you're talking about shenanigans in some early pre-release stuff that will be wiped at launch, then who cares?
    This is why all these early access titles are a bad idea, confuses people over the real status of a game.

    While SotA still hasn't formally released yet, they announced there would be no more wipes last summer, so it has been launched in my book since then.


    Gdemami[Deleted User]

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,774
    Elsabolts said:
    Simple, Don't play there Game. your welcome

    Better yet, just enjoy for free (assuming the game is fun) until you hit a pay wall (and some games have none .. like Marvel Heroes), then move on.

    If devs want to give me free entertainment, i don't see why I should refuse (assuming the game is fun).
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,357
    Elsabolts said:
    Simple, Don't play there Game. your welcome

    Better yet, just enjoy for free (assuming the game is fun) until you hit a pay wall (and some games have none .. like Marvel Heroes), then move on.

    If devs want to give me free entertainment, i don't see why I should refuse (assuming the game is fun).
    Games are not "fun," they just "are."

    The gamer decides whether they enjoy playing them as presented based on their personal preferences.

    Which is why one man's trash is another's treasure.





    WraithoneGdemami

    "See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

    "I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

    Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

    Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon






  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Quizzical said:
    Shroud of the Avatar has live servers?  Huh.  Who knew?  I thought the game hadn't launched yet.

    Or if you're talking about shenanigans in some early pre-release stuff that will be wiped at launch, then who cares?

    Final wipe was a year ago; there will be no more wipes or rollbacks or anything like that, they'll just quietly start calling themselves a commercial release at some point.  They're trying to raise money for a commercial release launch right now, actually.  They call themselves early access pre-alpha because... uhm, I don't know why.  If they get enough money from their SeedInvest crowdfunding thing, they'll attempt a marketing campaign and try to launch by the end of this year... nothing is firm.   advertising funds for a commercial launch is what they're sayign to justify the need for the SeedInvest funds anyway...

    But yeah, they've been launched and live for a year now.
    KyleranGdemami
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited July 2017
    There are two main valid reasons to play SotA IMO.

    1. The monetization is decent if you want to make a side income through RMT. Making a sizeable amount of ingame money that will translate into a sizeable amount of cash much more easily than other games where RMT is openly tolerated. This ontop of the fact there are no ongoing subscription fees after you buy the game is pretty decent. Not too hard to make your money back. Not too hard to make a nice little side income on top of it.

    2. The community is actually pretty cool. Most people I've met in the SotA have been pretty chill, helpful, and enjoyable to talk to. It's a good game if you are looking for a friendly community and don't care too much about the game itself.

    The game itself is pretty standard, and has a lot of valid criticisms. Leading me to a pretty big conclusion. If you like virtual real estate and RMT, consider SotA. Check it out when they are running a free trial promo and see what you think. If you don't like RMT, and you aren't there to just socialize, I don't see why you would touch this game with a ten foot pole. It's mediocre at best. I don't think it's quite as bad as the people blasting it say, but I certainly haven't seen it pull off much I haven't seen done better in other games other than the RMT aspect from the perspective of someone who enjoys RMT. Well, and I like the depth of the character customization. That's pretty sweet too, but it would be better complimented by a combat system that isn't so dry it literally encourages hotbar clicking.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Eldurian said:

    1. The monetization is decent if you want to make a side income through RMT. Making a sizeable amount of ingame money that will translate into a sizeable amount of cash much more easily than other games where RMT is openly tolerated. This ontop of the fact there are no ongoing subscription fees after you buy the game is pretty decent. Not too hard to make your money back. Not too hard to make a nice little side income on top of it.
    What? You can't be serious.

    Making cash from an online game requires a sizeable player base plus an inventory of items that are desirable to that very same audience. SotA has neither.

    You can't sell an account for what you paid for it today. What do you think it's going to be like when all the whales have three of everything?
    Gdemami
    ______________________________________________________________________
    ~~ postlarval ~~

  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,124
    For my example I'll use Shroud of the Avatar.

    When you purchase an expensive enough pledge or bundle for SotA you gain access to an area in the forums called Dev+.  This paywall access forum is supposed to give you a more personal dialog with game developers and allow you access to test servers prior to changes going live.  There's always been friction in the community concerning Dev+ access and the potential for finding exploits and using them for economic advantages mostly because SotA is such a RMT heavy grind.

    But now it seems that the developers are giving trade information to folks with Dev+ access, and people are pissed.

    Obsidian chips are used to create rare Obsidian weapons... these weapons are then used to farm Cabalists and Obsidian golems which give Obsidian chips and also drop valuable artifacts and rares... that in turn command extremely high RMT prices in the forum marketplace.

    Currently in the live server, 1 Obsidian ingot can be forged from 100 obsidian chips, and that's how it's always been since SotA went live a year ago.  Now the devs are telling Dev+ backers that in the next live release Obsidian ingots will require 1000 Obsidian chips per.  Is this practice fair to the gamers that don't have Dev+ access?  Whales are buying access to Dev+ and cahing in on every release, and now they're buying up obs chips and weps like it's nobody's business and there's a heated debate about the integrity of the developers and the viability of Dev+.

    Now I'm curious to know if other games and developers put insider trading information behind paywalls.
    Personally I dont mind games that allow RMT, such as games like Diablo 3 which used to have, or Entropia Universe, or rather games like EVE Online which allows real money trading to go into the game but using a legitimate source from the company themselves...

    But I think its stupid that they would provide insider info to 3rd parties and provide others a huge economic advantage over those who don't know for example on obsidian weapons and all that...

    I would be pissed too, glad I didn't back this game.
    Gdemami
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited July 2017
    Eldurian said:

    1. The monetization is decent if you want to make a side income through RMT. Making a sizeable amount of ingame money that will translate into a sizeable amount of cash much more easily than other games where RMT is openly tolerated. This ontop of the fact there are no ongoing subscription fees after you buy the game is pretty decent. Not too hard to make your money back. Not too hard to make a nice little side income on top of it.
    What? You can't be serious.

    Making cash from an online game requires a sizeable player base plus an inventory of items that are desirable to that very same audience. SotA has neither.

    You can't sell an account for what you paid for it today. What do you think it's going to be like when all the whales have three of everything?
    Not many games allow RMT in the form of players openly selling in-game items for gold. When Entropia (Which requires you to take substantial losses to get anything back at all, eventually) and Wurm (Which has an equally small community, takes more effort to make money at least for lower end characters, and requires a monthly sub to be generate much of value) are your primary competitors, it doesn't take much to stand out.

    And SotA does stand out. 100k in SotA is easier to make than the 20 silver in Wurm that has an equivalent value unless you are a high end priest with good enchantments and the fact there are no recurring fees means you don't have to play it as a 2nd job to make anything back. You can play it as casually as you want. That fact alone makes it the best title for anyone who isn't committed to putting hundreds of hours into farming gold to sell for cash but wants to be able to sell stuff on the side.

    If you would like to recommend some better games that allow me to sell in-game items and currency for real cash without violating the ToS I'd be happy to hear about them.
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    edited July 2017
    Eldurian said:
    Not many games allow RMT in the form of players openly selling in-game items for gold. When Entropia (Which requires you to take substantial losses to get anything back at all, eventually) and Wurm (Which has an equally small community, takes more effort to make money at least for lower end characters, and requires a monthly sub to be generate much of value) are your primary competitors, it doesn't take much to stand out.

    And SotA does stand out. 100k in SotA is easier to make than the 20 silver in Wurm that has an equivalent value unless you are a high end priest with good enchantments and the fact there are no recurring fees means you don't have to play it as a 2nd job to make anything back. You can play it as casually as you want.

    If you would like to recommend some better games that allow me to sell in-game items and currency for real cash without violating the ToS I'd be happy to hear about them.

    That's just it, how many other games are so openly focused on RMT?  The Dev+ perks aren't all they openly give to whales, there are entire game modes dedicated to grinding and they absolve themselves of all liability.  Even if someone's account was stolen and parted out online they wouldn't intervene... RMT is allowed, sure. Hell, it's openly encouraged - the devs have stated many times they use RMT to balance the game.  Yet, they assume absolutely no responsibility; none.  They don't even care how old you are or where you reside so long as you do all your RMT trading in the official marketplace forums.

    What other games are there that are designed specifically for RMT?  As in the entire economy is setup for RMT and the devs feed the whales... this game is so fucked.  I'd like to know if there are any other games that do this too.
    Gdemami
  • MultibyteMultibyte Member UncommonPosts: 128
    edited July 2017
    Elsabolts said:
    Simple, Don't play there Game. your welcome
    This.
    I have no idea why people play these games unless you are one of those whales. I'd be out of that place the moment I noticed what was going on, lots of other games are waiting to be played.

    If you are so unhappy, do not reward it by playing the game.
    Gdemami
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    blorpykins said:

    That's just it, how many other games are so openly focused on RMT?  The Dev+ perks aren't all they openly give to whales, there are entire game modes dedicated to grinding and they absolve themselves of all liability.  Even if someone's account was stolen and parted out online they wouldn't intervene... RMT is allowed, sure. Hell, it's openly encouraged - the devs have stated many times they use RMT to balance the game.  Yet, they assume absolutely no responsibility; none.  They don't even care how old you are or where you reside so long as you do all your RMT trading in the official marketplace forums.

    What other games are there that are designed specifically for RMT?  As in the entire economy is setup for RMT and the devs feed the whales... this game is so fucked.  I'd like to know if there are any other games that do this too.
    Very few other games. Which is precisely why I bought SotA. It's a feature I like and that's rare to find. My big question is what caused you to buy SotA when you don't like it? It's not like the game has much else pulling for it.
    blorpykins
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Eldurian said:
    blorpykins said:

    That's just it, how many other games are so openly focused on RMT?  The Dev+ perks aren't all they openly give to whales, there are entire game modes dedicated to grinding and they absolve themselves of all liability.  Even if someone's account was stolen and parted out online they wouldn't intervene... RMT is allowed, sure. Hell, it's openly encouraged - the devs have stated many times they use RMT to balance the game.  Yet, they assume absolutely no responsibility; none.  They don't even care how old you are or where you reside so long as you do all your RMT trading in the official marketplace forums.

    What other games are there that are designed specifically for RMT?  As in the entire economy is setup for RMT and the devs feed the whales... this game is so fucked.  I'd like to know if there are any other games that do this too.
    Very few other games. Which is precisely why I bought SotA. It's a feature I like and that's rare to find. My big question is what caused you to buy SotA when you don't like it? It's not like the game has much else pulling for it.

    Kickstarter.  The game that was pitched is not the game that was created, and it's taken years for it all to really come together and for the devs to really come out and say what things are.  They're a bunch of crooks and the game is scam vehicle as I see it... For me it was shortly after final wipe, when they changed their stance on gold farming and announced that gold farming and selling gold would be ok.  And then how they dialed in the single player mode to cater to gold farmers but still access the multiplayer economy for selling, and all the exploits that they'd just turn away from.  I think most people from those days have quit.

    I am curious to know if there are any other developers that behave this way... I'm guessing no, and that's maybe because most game developers try to make fun games, not just cash grab scams.  But I could be wrong.  I would like to know if there are any other games that enable this way.
    Gdemami
  • AAAMEOWAAAMEOW Member RarePosts: 1,354
    I've been testers for a few mmorpg.  And people been exploting game economics with test servers whenever possible.

    Not necessary a RMT problem.
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited July 2017

    Kickstarter.  The game that was pitched is not the game that was created, and it's taken years for it all to really come together and for the devs to really come out and say what things are.  They're a bunch of crooks and the game is scam vehicle as I see it... For me it was shortly after final wipe, when they changed their stance on gold farming and announced that gold farming and selling gold would be ok.  And then how they dialed in the single player mode to cater to gold farmers but still access the multiplayer economy for selling, and all the exploits that they'd just turn away from.  I think most people from those days have quit.

    I am curious to know if there are any other developers that behave this way... I'm guessing no, and that's maybe because most game developers try to make fun games, not just cash grab scams.  But I could be wrong.  I would like to know if there are any other games that enable this way.
    My advise to you on kickstarters is don't put money into them if you aren't willing to accept the possibility (and perhaps even probability) that the end product will be something you hate.

    People feel gipped from every Kickstarter ever. Sometimes because they deliver truly terrible products, often because they aren't able to deliver on promises, and largely because the game people build in their heads is something no company can satisfy in 2017.

    When I put money into a kickstarter I do so as a gamble. My mindset like this:

    "This game sounds cool, and they might just be able to deliver on enough of their promises to make something fun playing. But if not, I won't be too upset. This money represents what I'm willing to gamble on the chances of them making a decent game, and the degree to which I believe in their ability to make one."

    Consider your money put into kickstarters a gamble on the chance of a decent game rather than (what I at least would consider) the guaranteed investment into a bad one you get when you put money into almost every MMO on the market right now.

    If that isn't your mindset when dealing with kickstarters, I would stay away from them entirely. They will only lead to disappointment for the most part. There are a lot of Pathfinder Onlines out there. And while it's hard to be quite as bad as Pathfinder Online it sounds like Shroud of the Avatar came pretty close for you. There is no promise there will ever be a good kickstarted MMO.

    Getting angry because a kickstarter produced a bad MMO is like getting angry because you didn't make money on a slot machine.

    Consider that before you buy into one again.


    blorpykinsKyleran
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,124
    If I ever won the lottery one thing I would love to do is create some decent video games, perhaps a FPS game like APB reloaded but better, get it on kickstarter, developers and all, and make the entire game based off "Real Money" players are allowed to trade anything without the use of Real Money, but I would make the currency system work with Real Money would be great and prevent gold sellers for sure except for the fact that people could sell items then which I would do something like Albion Online does banning trading for outside favors, but I would make sure my customers are aware its cheating and ban worthy by putting in game tips and such as well as reminding people something Albion didn't do in the first place...

    I think it would be awesome to have a game based around Real Money.
    Gdemami
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    Eldurian said:
    My advise to you on kickstarters is don't put money into them if you aren't willing to accept the possibility (and perhaps even probability) that the end product will be something you hate.

    People feel gipped from every Kickstarter ever. Sometimes because they deliver truly terrible products, often because they aren't able to deliver on promises, and largely because the game people build in their heads is something no company can satisfy in 2017.

    When I put money into a kickstarter I do so as a gamble. My mindset like this:

    "This game sounds cool, and they might just be able to deliver on enough of their promises to make something fun playing. But if not, I won't be too upset. This money represents what I'm willing to gamble on the chances of them making a decent game, and the degree to which I believe in their ability to make one."

    Consider your money put into kickstarters a gamble on the chance of a decent game rather than (what I at least would consider) the guaranteed investment into a bad one you get when you put money into almost every MMO on the market right now.

    If that isn't your mindset when dealing with kickstarters, I would stay away from them entirely. They will only lead to disappointment for the most part. There are a lot of Pathfinder Onlines out there. And while it's hard to be quite as bad as Pathfinder Online it sounds like Shroud of the Avatar came pretty close for you. There is no promise there will ever be a good kickstarted MMO.

    Getting angry because a kickstarter produced a bad MMO is like getting angry because you didn't make money on a slot machine.

    Consider that before you buy into one again.



    That's terrible advice.  Supporting Kickstarter projects is great fun and it brings awesome things into the market/world that might not have ever been otherwise.  The disappointment comes from shady folks that talk out of both sides of their mouth to milk money from people expecting one thing... all the while using the money for something else.  It should be illegal; it's certainly unethical and unprofessional.


    GdemamiKyleran
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    AAAMEOW said:
    I've been testers for a few mmorpg.  And people been exploting game economics with test servers whenever possible.

    Not necessary a RMT problem.

    Once the devs put such a heavy focus on RMT, it changes the landscape.  For instance, here are some basic rules posted for RMT in Shroud of the Avatar.  They allow everything to be sold in game for real money, they provide no tools for safe trading or assurances and absolve themselves of any and all liability yet they tell players that if they trade anywhere but in their forums they could be banned.  They provide no assistance for users that have had their accounts stolen and they don't get involved in disputes or scams.  Is this a normal practice for RMT in games?  And if so, which games?  Being on a test server and seeing an advantage in game is one thing... being spoon fed economic advantage for RMT from behind a paywall is something completely different.


    Sales of Virtual Items for Real Currency Policy

    • Player Marketplace Only: All sales involving Real Currency (USD, Euros, Store Credits, etc.) can only be discussed, advertised, etc. in the Player Marketplace subforum.
    • Bans for Out of Marketplace Posts: Any mention, post, information, text, advertising, etc. of any kind of a sale that refers to Real Currency in Shroud of the Avatar official locations outside of the Player Marketplace (i.e. the main forums, Shroud Discord chat, Shroud Facebook Page, inside the game) is against the rules. The game is especially off limits for these kinds of messages (except for the final resolution of the sale which has to happen in the game via secure trade and will of course necessitate some in game communication). Offenders will receive a warning. Repeated offenses will result in bans, up to and including permanent bans across multiple accounts.
    • All Virtual Items Allowed: Sales for Real Currency can include any virtual goods including Add On Store items, Pledge Rewards, and virtual currency (gold).
    • Portalarium Not Liable: Portalarium is not liable for any of these transactions. They are solely between the buyer and seller.

    We understand that the inclusion of gold as one of the virtual goods that can be bought and sold will cause some of you concern but we believe that in the end it is just another virtual good like the others. I would like to address the main concerns we have seen.

    • Inflation: As you have seen we have been monitoring VERY carefully the influx of gold into the economy and we do not believe the sales of gold will increase the likelihood of inflation anymore than any other factors.
    • Exploits: All the rules of enforcement related to exploits will of course still apply. As you have seen we are very aggressive about finding exploits and enforcing punishment of users that abuse them.
    • Competition for Resources: With our multiple modes of play you are almost guaranteed to never be competing with someone “farming” for gold because they will most likely be in Single Player Online mode.
    • Intrusion: As you can see by the above rules we will aggressively repel any intrusion into the game or into the main forums of real currency transactions. We feel VERY strongly about keeping the sanctity of our world intact.
    If you see any activities occurring that go against these rules, please do not mention them or persons involved in public areas. For in-game occurrences, you can report them by right-clicking on the offending player and selecting the “Report Player” or “Report Content” options and choose “Other” from the context menu. Alternatively, you may use the /reportcontent or /reportplayer commands in the chat window.

    UPDATE: Added Store Credits to list of example "Real Currencies"

    ---------------------------------------------------
    Here's a link to the posted rules.




    Gdemami
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Kyleran said:
    This is why all these early access titles are a bad idea, confuses people over the real status of a game.

    While SotA still hasn't formally released yet, they announced there would be no more wipes last summer, so it has been launched in my book since then.
    Ah, the classic "the game is still too crappy for release but we want your money now" paradox. It seems to become more and more common today.

    Screwing the majority of the players seems unwise to me, whales tend to change game rather often so they risk losing the regular players for a short but sweet income. A good MMO earns money for a long time, but you risk screwing that up here (if the game actually is good, if it sucks it is probably the best way).
Sign In or Register to comment.