Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so, hows the game?

Comments

• pompey606pompey606 Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Shall we get a discord running for us all? I am happy to set this up if it will get used
    mgilbrtsn[Deleted User]

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    pompey606 said:
    Shall we get a discord running for us all? I am happy to set this up if it will get used
    that would be nice.
    [Deleted User]

I self identify as a monkey.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Renoaku said:

http://imgur.com/a/YwMiX <---- Those in doubt there is proof right there my friend saved the responses and sent them over to me before getting banned themselves for replying to a ticket lol.

You admitted to breaking the rules, they banned you. Case closed.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Kyleran
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Renoaku said:
    but Korn a developer accused me of buying gold banned my 4 year old account I had in good standing since 2013, and its a total bs lie, but this is the type of customer service I get from them and their company.

I'm always amazed at how amazed these stories make me ...

So, you traded currency or items  with someone else from another game and it never occurred to you that it would look like you were buying gold?

To break it down:

If you spent x amount of dollars to purchase, say, 25 million of in-game currency and someone comes up to you in game to gives you that currency, it's going to look like you "bought gold".

Or, you trade x amount ingame currency from another game for 25 million of your current game's currency and "someone comes up to you in game to give you that currency and it's going to look like ..."

You get it? There is no way that their people are going to know what deal you made to get that 25 million. You might have mowed their lawn or spent a million or gave them stock in a company it doesn't matter.

How is it that this is a surprise?!?!?!?!?

[Deleted User]waynejr2[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited July 2017
    Renoaku said:

http://imgur.com/a/YwMiX <---- Those in doubt there is proof right there my friend saved the responses and sent them over to me before getting banned themselves for replying to a ticket lol.

You admitted to breaking the rules, they banned you. Case closed.
    I wouldn't be as upset if the ban were truly about breaking the rules, but its not, its about being accused of buying currency for real money, and this company just admit to a guild member that not all evidenice is accurate, and told me they don't have ti disclose anything.

If it was a ban over accepting a Large amount of currency like I did then they should have at least acknowledged reviewing the counter evidence i sent them, and if the person did something illegal themselves whom I traded with then that is not my fault or doing I just accepted a trade.

However since there was no gold trade for Real Money, then it becomes a lie, and that is the upsetting part.

I get it it's within their legal right but come on customer service on this scale which also banned a friend instead of just closing the support ticket its truly pathetic.

Sovrath said:
    Renoaku said:
    but Korn a developer accused me of buying gold banned my 4 year old account I had in good standing since 2013, and its a total bs lie, but this is the type of customer service I get from them and their company.

So, you traded currency or items  with someone else from another game and it never occurred to you that it would look like you were buying gold?

To break it down:

If you spent x amount of dollars to purchase, say, 25 million of in-game currency and someone comes up to you in game to gives you that currency, it's going to look like you "bought gold".

Or, you trade x amount ingame currency from another game for 25 million of your current game's currency and "someone comes up to you in game to give you that currency and it's going to look like ..."

You get it? There is no way that their people are going to know what deal you made to get that 25 million. You might have mowed their lawn or spent a million or gave them stock in a company it doesn't matter.

And yeah I get your point of what it can look like, but the game is a sand-box that should by all means allow free trading for any reason or no reason at all, for example if EVE if I give away 1 billion isk to anyone they aren't going to just ban me and accuse me of selling gold or the person in question.

And yeah I totally agree but i've done outside deals in other games without real money when I quit a game like Arche Age, and never got banned or warned but SBI is totally different, yet other people are breaking the same rule of Receiving currency with nothing of equal value in return and not banned too.

Also doesn't explain their customer service?

. Why they admit to me that they dont need to disclose anything.

. And then they admit to a guildie which they talked to me over discord that evidence is not always accurate, and even banned them too from the support system.

it is what it is, and as long as I have proof this company is doing this type of stuff hopefully it will prevent others from running into the same issues or trusting SBI for that matter.

Gdemami
  • ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Renoaku posts this same stuff in almost every Albion thread I've read here. 
    [Deleted User]waynejr2GolelornKyleran[Deleted User]Marcus-
    edited July 2017
    Renoaku posts this same stuff in almost every Albion thread I've read here. 
    Oh not every albion thread this is totally new, and even more proof that perhaps to those who don't trust it that I am telling the truth lol. http://imgur.com/a/YwMiX

This company banned a guildie just for asking about me and I was shared that picture by them where they admit it may not have been accurate, but just decided to Life ban the account so this company really can't prove there was any gold purchase, all they can see is a trade, and its not my responsibility what someone else does if I knew a cheater was selling gold by all means I would report them.

If people still wan't to trust in that game this is fine, but I've been reading other responses and posts on here, and obviously this game has cheaters / hackers in it, and a company that bans its customers from support without even reviewing things properly, I've never experienced this stuff in my life, let alone another person banned just for questioning usually most companies would just close the ticket.
    KyleranGdemami
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Renoaku said:

Sovrath said:
    Renoaku said:

To break it down:

And yeah I get your point of what it can look like, but the game is a sand-box that should by all means allow free trading for any reason or no reason at all, for example if EVE if I give away 1 billion isk to anyone they aren't going to just ban me and accuse me of selling gold or the person in question.

And yeah I totally agree but i've done outside deals in other games without real money when I quit a game like Arche Age, and never got banned or warned but SBI is totally different, yet other people are breaking the same rule of Receiving currency with nothing of equal value in return and not banned too.

. And then they admit to a guildie which they talked to me over discord that evidence is not always accurate, and even banned them too from the support system.

it is what it is, and as long as I have proof this company is doing this type of stuff hopefully it will prevent others from running into the same issues or trusting SBI for that matter.

But you aren't a novice to online games. Surely you know that no game company, to my knowledge/experience "ever" discloses how they came to the decision to ban you, they never show "proof".

these forums are littered with people coming to them and complaining they got banned for no good reason and that the the company never showed them proof.

As far as you trading between games, as far as I know/have experienced, this is never "legal" according the game rules. So you essentially just got away with it all those times. You not being banned wasn't them condoning it.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    edited July 2017
    Sovrath said:
    Renoaku said:

Sovrath said:
    Renoaku said:

To break it down:

But you aren't a novice to online games. Surely you know that no game company, to my knowledge/experience "ever" discloses how they came to the decision to ban you, they never show "proof".

these forums are littered with people coming to them and complaining they got banned for no good reason and that the the company never showed them proof.

As far as you trading between games, as far as I know/have experienced, this is never "legal" according the game rules. So you essentially just got away with it all those times. You not being banned wasn't them condoning it.
    Yeah I get that but trading freely in games isn't illegal, if I walked up to someone and offered them free items or gold in the game then that is not cheating, what would be illegal is if I used my credit card, bought a bunch of Plex in EVE gave that gold away then charged back, but trading in online games is allowed If not games would forbid trading all together?

And I have given away plenty of free items and currency over the years in games when I have quit, or just wanted to help a new player, never have any of us been banned for the rule Receiving currency, without nothing in equal value, we will assume you cheated thing. And this is many games over 17 years from "World OF Warcraft, Aion, Guild Wars 2, Arche Age was my biggest one, FFXIV, EVE, just to name a few which none of us ever got in trouble for freely giving away stuff.

Game companies usually do not disclose info on a reason a player is banned example hacks detected like Aimbot or cheats, but they allow the user to be honest and tell them what they did usually when a ban is done its because a player is knowingly cheating and used a cheat program for example not a real cheat but "Aimbot.exe" and would be detected but not bother reporting it in which case a user would be banned for cheating and well deserved, however a company also allows you to provide counter evidence, example banned for macroing.

Then I would submit to them, I am using a G19s keyboard, and razer mouse for example, is it possible your anti-cheat detected my macro software installed as a system service but not running, and if that is the case they lift the ban.

And most games do not really endorse trading between games, but they usually don't ban a customer for it, tell them they can't disclose then ban from a support ticket, let alone ban another guild member from support and admit to them it may not be accurate. 

If trading in a game wasn't allowed then they wouldn't allow trading, the problem is when it actually does get mixed up with a 3rd party gold seller or person who is doing something illegal, but every trade I have done among friends up until Albion has never gotten me in trouble before.

Gdemami
    Well in simple I would honor them for that, and say that most people who get banned for buying / selling gold are likely guilty, but there is a small perecent of people who trade across games or for outside favors and didn't read the terms, or in my case read them four years ago but didn't read because we were not notified about the changes and missed the rule so we cheated unknowingly by trading across the games.

Although the difference between Albion, and EVE for example or a more professional company with outstanding customer service, is that in EVE for example I had ISK removed one time and the company told me it was illegal to buy ISK, or Plex from unauthorized sites, at the time I didn't know people were commiting fraud, so I received Plex from a 3rd party site that is still open but I can't name here for Real Money, and it turned out to be fraud plex where people charged back and it tracked down to me.

The company however warned me, and made my account go negative isk on my character so I had to re-play it and warned me never to buy currency or items from sites outside its trusted list which is here https://secure.eveonline.com/etc.aspx and every since then when I did play EVE before I stopped playing I would purchase Plex in bulk off those sites and never got banned or anymore warnings again.

For example in EVE they told me as long as I receive a code to put into EVE then its not illegal but never buy Plex or accept plex from anyone I don't know.

So yes people get in trouble for minor things like trading across a game, or sometimes break a rule they don't know is illegal, but I find usually being honest and straight forward to the company or person who is usually talking nice to you they likely just warn you, or will even lift a ban if banned given you don't do it again and tell them the truth.

With Albion Online, they refused to review any counter evidence submitted, and immediately just accused me of buying gold, which if I did purchase as they claim I would have admit it to them in the first support ticket that I opened and asked if I could appeal it, so this is why its so upsetting to me as a 4 year founder / backer in this game.

I am not a racist because I have a few friends from Germany in a online game, but I had 4 people message me and tell me that its just the way German games are something about being a GMBH, or something and their attitudes towards its customers?
    Gdemami
  • natpicknatpick Member UncommonPosts: 271
    well ofc they have ,you get gold from other sources you aint buying gold from the store,game seems too centered round buying gold for my liking,i have 25 days premium left but cant be arsed to play these cash games.
    edited July 2017
    natpick said:
    well ofc they have ,you get gold from other sources you aint buying gold from the store,game seems too centered round buying gold for my liking,i have 25 days premium left but cant be arsed to play these cash games.
    http://imgur.com/a/P62DG Well I did buy it legally from their store as shown here just a week before I was banned I made 3 transactions prior to trading across games and stuff.

The only real currency I spent real money on, but this company claims otherwise and that is what disturbs me, and I have no legitimate reason to why if I needed more currency I wouldn't purchase it from SBI given I have a reputation of spending hundreds even $1000 in an online game in a week lol.
    Gdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2017
    Sigh, yet another thread derailed and taken off course over this same issue.

What do you suppose we're up to, perhaps at least 25+ threads and several hundred posts by Ren and those responding?

Easily. Please just stop.

[Deleted User]ForgrimmBruceYeemgilbrtsnMarcus-

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Kyleran said:

What do you suppose we're up to, perhaps at least 25+ threads and several hundred posts by Ren and those responding?

Easily.

Yup, I reported him and finally put him on ignore. Shit has gone beyond the point of ridiculousness.
    [Deleted User]KyleranRenoaku
    Nyctelios said:
    Forgrimm said:
    Kyleran said:

Easily.

Yup, I reported him and finally put him on ignore. Shit has gone beyond the point of ridiculousness.
    He created other accounts to support himself, tho. Like "next season in Walking Dead".
    Good, then he'll be perma-banned:

Multiple Accounts
    • If the staff of MMORPG.com discovers that a user is creating and/or using multiple accounts, that user, and all accounts, both past and present, will be banned from MMORPG.com.

Renoaku
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    I bought the legendary founders pack way back when I thought it could be the spiritual successor to Ultima Online, and then it wasn't.  Essentially, it appears (at least early on) that it is a huge gear grind.  You grind up through tiers of weapons and armor, as well as harvesting tools.  From colorless newbie gear, up to white elder gear.  The world is NOT one large game space, like Ultima Online.  It is a collection of tiled maps with very little unique design that you load into.  I haven't counted, but I bet there are say, 100 zones.  All of which are similar, even if they are different biomes and house different mobs.  Due to the world design, there can never be ships, and likely, fishing.  As far as I can tell, there are no thief type options, so that whole aspect is missing, and likely always will be.  There is housing, and while not exactly what I prefer, there seems to be quite a bit of customization.  The whole destiny board is hilarious, and I was pretty vocal about it when they first introduced it in development.  While it looks similar to Path of Exiles progression system, it is nothing like it, as it more or less, allows you to track your character progress through 'checkpoints'.  Not only that, it doesn't even remotely jive with the rest of their UI.  I've heard, so take this as a slightly uninformed statement, that PvP is a zergfest, and VERY difficult to get anything done at end game solo.  You are playing on a server with everyone.  It's not even split up by regions.  So, you are playing with Chinese, Europeans, Australians, etc.  So a large portion of your chat is filled with foreign players whom you cannot understand.. you know, different languages and all.  I'm trying to keep an open mind, but it really does appear to lack any real depth that will keep someone coming back and playing for a long time. 
    Gdemami
    I've been watching a bunch of streams and so far nothing has really jumped out at me. It seems like people are mostly just running from one node to another gathering stuff.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2017
    Forgrimm said:
    I've been watching a bunch of streams and so far nothing has really jumped out at me. It seems like people are mostly just running from one node to another gathering stuff.
    Well yeah I  would say in general the game is 
    25% gathering and or PVE farming (frequently done together) 
    25% crafting
    25% hauling stuff around
    25% PVP

Your percentages will vary based on personal preference but this is the crux of Albion or most any other progression based MMO.

Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Forgrimm said:
    25% crafting
    25% hauling stuff around
    25% PVP

Your percentages will vary based on personal preference but this is the crux of Albion or most any other progression based MMO.

Oddly I haven't seen a single PVP encounter yet. Just gathering and what I think are dungeons of some sort.
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited July 2017
    Forgrimm said:
    Kyleran said:
    Forgrimm said:
    25% crafting
    25% hauling stuff around
    25% PVP

Oddly I haven't seen a single PVP encounter yet. Just gathering and what I think are dungeons of some sort.
    V Zones are where pvp starts and until VI you are basically farming to level up everything.

V zones are the introduction to the pvp part of the game so you can practice there because you only lose durability and % of crafting materials.

When you have up'd everything you need to be able to enter VI is when you need to seriously look into joining a guild with active players.

Up until VI is basically just an extended tutorial imo.
    Post edited by BruceYee on
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Kyleran
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Forgrimm said:
    That is what many are doing atm, myself included.  Gotta remember, that the game just launched, so there is a huge need for resources to set up your islands, guilds, gear, and get the economy rolling.  My guess is that it will ease up, once these things start maturing.
    [Deleted User]Kyleran

I self identify as a monkey.

edited July 2017
    So you're saying that you've actually been dinged for this before in EVE Online .... but decided it was a good idea to try it in other games?

Nah to answer in EVE Online, they allow you to buy from resellers legally, but users aren't allowed to sell Plex that has already been redeemed from a key for Real Money which is what illegal gold selling sites do or rather the one I used which I thought was legitimate years ago wasn't legit so I lost like $40 in Plex, but they kindly provided me with a list which allows you to buy legitimate Plex's such as Steam, Amazon, and a few other sites instead of Life ban on my EVE account because they are nice and trust in its customers, and I trust in them as a company because trust works both ways.

Edit: and I forgot they said as long as it comes with a Key, not directly trading me the item its legitiamte, so if someone ever tries to trade an Apex after buying from a 3rd party don't accept it.

This also helps to prevent fraud like in Albion, but anyways, I have to stop arguing/ debate on here because I got some type of mild warning I am unable to view, and I think I proved my point, thank you to those who did offer a really intellectual debate it helped me understand some, but I won't be able to post here about the issue anymore, but no need to.

Thanks all.
    Gdemami
  • DokuwanDokuwan Member CommonPosts: 6
    edited July 2017
    It's great! Having a blast doing solo PvP around the Albion :smiley:

[youtube]

• ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Nice video Dokuwan. 
  • brickleulbrickleul Member UncommonPosts: 28
    edited July 2017
    I consider a mistake buying this game, first is not for solo people, then there is the p2w issue, you can just buy gold whenever you need and unlimited amount. There are also issues with the server lag, EU players are disadvantaged in front of US players in PVP, that 200-300ms extra delay counts a lot. There are also issues with overpopulation, queue time at around 7-10PM GMT over 30 minutes up to an hour, and the worst thing you cannot switch character without going back in queue. The problem I see with the queue in a PVP game is this, from my experience, on Monday night I was in some hostile zone, the server was about to reboot so I wasn't able to get safe in time because of some campers, when I got back after reboot I was in queue for 40 minutes but this is not effectively 40 minutes is estimate, you can get back in 10 minutes or in a hour so I had to stay with my eyes in monitor for like 30 minutes to be there when I log back in so I won't get afk and being killed. Is a stupid system, the queue should be applied for the account logging on the server not for the character entering the world. There are other issues like bots, gold sellers, macroing but this are issues you can find in any other MMO .  Also there is the graphics, LOTRO who is a 10 years old game have better graphics, some people said the reason for this graphics is the phone/tablet support but look at Lineage 2 revolution and many other games that have superior graphics for phone/tablet.