Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Been playing this for the last few days.

darnapkindarnapkin Member UncommonPosts: 146
wow, I normally can't play a game for 10 hours at a time but thats what I've been doing for the past 2 days. I have to say I really like this game.

Its old school, its very hard but yet simple. It reminds me of playing DAoC oh so many years ago.

On the forums like most games people are pretty much trash. But ingame I was able to find a great guild with many friendly people to help me learn how to play the game and just what I needed to do as a new player.

I had a tech question, my game was not running in true 1920x1080 it was some reason going into 1776x1000 . The mods on the offical forum spend about 2 hours with me making sure I got the game working 100%. I am very impressed with their tech people.

The population has been low due albion. I'm not saying anything bad about albion but people are coming back to darkfall and not saying too many good things about albion. However please try both if you wish, I am only saying what I have heard.

This game darkfall age of agon is made by a new computer that were players of the orginal darkfall. They have a great vision I believe and will serve the game well.  Its really worth the free download and the 9.99 a month if you ask me.

Try it out
d_20Sid_Vicious

Comments

• IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    edited July 2017
    Played off and on since beta; while yes it still has many glaring flaws it is closet to an oldschool mmorpg out there that isn't a private server. Nice avatar.

MurderHerd

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    The fun really starts if you are a good enough player to have every key on your keyboard carefully configured and tested for your preferred playstyle tactics.... switch it up and duel as much as you can and when the game dies someday you will never find that kind of satisfaction again.... yup... cycle through dozens of spells available with what is the fastest reaction time possible for you and practice practice practice... change your whole UI setup every month/week until you feel in complete control of your surroundings. Once you learn this much, the game is amazing beyond words..

When your character is endgame and if you are good at it, EVERY fight may last 30min+.... I had a few months of that in the original. Was epic!!! I'd be all shaky and sweating at edge of my seat and made it to the point where if I was losing, they would probably have to engage me a few more times across some more zones before I went down. Noob PVP ends in a flash in comparison.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA

• ScoliozScolioz Member UncommonPosts: 110
    did you have fun playing with the 12 other people
  • krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589
    I checked back in recently and yeah it was tumbleweed town, shame did enjoy some aspects of it, the poster early highlighted the reasons he liked it allot, and why I lost interest or rather made me wander off and do other things, to many flaming keys.

Kyleran

• darnapkindarnapkin Member UncommonPosts: 146
    it was fun... sadly there is hardly anyone around in the game, they are patching it though
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,737
    The biggest barrier for me is the community...just a very toxic, hate filled group that gives me zero incentive to want to play.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Your game not running in a standard, native resolution was the first sign you needed to see..  The game has been out how long now?  Around 10 years?  Still with basic issues like this?  It has failed in every single iteration.  The servers should have been shut down for good after a few years.  This type of game is built for the players... but it can't survive without the players.  Ultimately, it was never any good.  I can't wait for the day when this title is no longer mentioned...