Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So it begins.....

Viper482Viper482 Member RarePosts: 1,797

Comments

• forcelimaforcelima Member UncommonPosts: 215
    That all I'm 7000 at 1h 55m
    Nyctelios

Pre-release:
    -"Trion is the best publisher XL could have found for AA"
    -"AA will be different in the west, Trion won't mess it up"
    -"Trion's ArcheAge"
    -"Trion will make their own decision according to what's best for AA on the western market"
    -"Trion has total control, it will literally be a different game over here"

Post-release:
    "People have to learn that it's not Trion's game and that there is little they can do".

-Volgore

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 15,413
    That staggered release worked wonders for them.
    KyleranMrMelGibson
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 2,607
    It launched?!. . Man. . I could have been waiting in queue :)  Will give it a shot soon after it settles down.
    TorvalSedrynTyros

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• SedrynTyrosSedrynTyros Member EpicPosts: 2,042
    The servers are borked big time.  I'm having flashbacks to ... well, almost every MMO I've ever tried to play on launch day, lol.
    KyleranMarcus-KanethConstantineMerusobii
  • Viper482Viper482 Member RarePosts: 1,797
    forcelima said:
    That all I'm 7000 at 1h 55m

Dude....this was at 7:21am PST lol. I expect it will only get worse.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 27,187
    My guess is they are heavily throttling to keep the starter zones from flooding.
    Octagon7711TorvalMrMelGibsonMarcus-GdemamiConstantineMerus

"Harbinger of Failure"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 2,788
    As bad as queues are, it's a good sign that so many players are giving it a shot. And it isn't F2P, so it's not people just looking to get some free entertainment. Hopefully it has longevity.
    MrMelGibsonPhaserlightConstantineMerusSedrynTyros
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 3,825
    Yes queues are a good sign.
    MrMelGibson

What would be interesting to know is how is the performance for those who got in?

"Harbinger of Failure"

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

I'll let you know in an hour or so.

More importantly what's the best anti-gank 1v1 setup. I think I want to roll medium armour maybe bows or spears this round but those are notoriously squishy in most mmos. The last couple of tests I built out magic because I can go healing for groups and dps for solo/duo farming.
    Kyleran said:
    What would be interesting to know is how is the performance for those who got in?
    Performance overall is pretty good ... but there is occasional rubberbanding.
    Kyleran
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member EpicPosts: 6,444

"Change is the only constant." 

"If you want to test a man's character, give him power."

So things are not really going very well.

"Harbinger of Failure"

• blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,764
    edited July 2017
    I got in again after a 30 minute wait. I am in an area with around 400 other people. It is laggy but once you leave the area (town) it seems fine. I started our guild. "Kings Never Die" we are not based out of anywhere yet as I have not placed out guild island. You can create a guild from anywhere now. =)
    Post edited by blueturtle13 on
    KyleranTorval

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

I updated and got in with no queue. The performance seems okay if occasionally spotty.
    All the Euros are in bed, DAOC freeshard goes pretty quiet about now as well.

"Harbinger of Failure"

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 1,441
    I got in again after a 30 minute wait. I am in an area with around 400 other people. It is laggy but once you leave the area (town) it seems fine. I started our guild. "Kings Never Die" we are not based out of anywhere yet as I have not placed out guild island. You can create a guild from anywhere now. =)
    But we do die. You commoners never understood my kind :(
    SedrynTyros
    Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?
    No server crashes yesterday evening (PST).  Looks like they have a handle on things.
    Or maybe not.  Definitely a rough start for Albion Online.