Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access Launch Trailer - Prep Yourself for July 20th - Dark and Light Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited July 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageEarly Access Launch Trailer - Prep Yourself for July 20th - Dark and Light Videos - MMORPG.com

The big day is finally here. Dark & Light will officially launch into early access on Steam on Thursday, July 20th.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited July 2017
    And so it happens, the magical version of Ark early access is to begin. O.o
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Is there player looting ?
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited July 2017
     We'll see how good this game will be......
    Post edited by Tokken on

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Right at the same time ESO finally does another double AP event, ugh decisions decisions.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Yes but who is the publisher, because I really don't trust Snail Games anymore after both failures of Age OF Wushu & Black Gold?
    Hariken
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    So I guess we will soon figure out if it is an MMO or a multi player survival sandbox.
    holdenhamlet
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Tiller said:
    So I guess we will soon figure out if it is an MMO or a multi player survival sandbox.
    It's already confirmed as survival sandbox, per servers they and players host, just like Ark.
    EpicJohnsonSovrath
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Maybe...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    "EARLY ACCESS" is NOT the day people are waiting for,they are waiting for a finished product ,a game we can see and decide if it is worth investing time and money into.
    This is nothing more than a cash grab,free money without having a finished product and by claiming EARLY access ,TRIES to escape criticism.

Well it doesn't work that way,you don't get to have your cake and eat it too.If you are asking money to play your game,it is a SALE,IDC that two words "Early access" allows you to circumvent the law.

What SHOULD be happening and what promotion/endorsement sites like mmorpg SHOULD be doing is forcing these lame ass devs/publishers to stand up and tell us exactly what is missing and when that content is coming.If it is EA as claimed,then you should have a long list of development features to come and SHOULD know when "within reason"they can be expected in the game.

I will tel you why it won't ever happen,they don't have the money to invest anymore in the game,they want your money so they can further invest "wing it"as money arrives and get rich off of half assed efforts.They will put in VERY little effort as proven over the years,their investors just want the money to roll and that is all they care about.

There has ONLY been ONE up front game developer EVER that has come right out with the long term development and timeline and that is Square Enix.I did notice one other recently but only after it was forced out,they did not come out on their own and it was only a very small to do list.Everything else in the industry is a secret,you know why,because they don't know wtf the yare doing moving forward,most devs sit and think about cheaper ways to make money with as little effort as possible,they do NOT want any guaranteed long term investments.
    WellspringRexKushmanTokkenwinghaven1squlltaxNephethEpicJohnsonPesky

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432

Wizardry said:

"EARLY ACCESS" is NOT the day people are waiting for,they are waiting for a finished product ,a game we can see and decide if it is worth investing time and money into.

This is nothing more than a cash grab,free money without having a finished product and by claiming EARLY access ,TRIES to escape criticism.

Well it doesn't work that way,you don't get to have your cake and eat it too.If you are asking money to play your game,it is a SALE,IDC that two words "Early access" allows you to circumvent the law.

What SHOULD be happening and what promotion/endorsement sites like mmorpg SHOULD be doing is forcing these lame ass devs/publishers to stand up and tell us exactly what is missing and when that content is coming.If it is EA as claimed,then you should have a long list of development features to come and SHOULD know when "within reason"they can be expected in the game.

I will tel you why it won't ever happen,they don't have the money to invest anymore in the game,they want your money so they can further invest "wing it"as money arrives and get rich off of half assed efforts.They will put in VERY little effort as proven over the years,their investors just want the money to roll and that is all they care about.

There has ONLY been ONE up front game developer EVER that has come right out with the long term development and timeline and that is Square Enix.I did notice one other recently but only after it was forced out,they did not come out on their own and it was only a very small to do list.Everything else in the industry is a secret,you know why,because they don't know wtf the yare doing moving forward,most devs sit and think about cheaper ways to make money with as little effort as possible,they do NOT want any guaranteed long term investments.

If its a product your not interested in dont buy it. Theres nothing illegal
    GrendStoneRosesMikehawingoodNephethAlomarwinghaven1
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thank you Snail

I hope the wait was worth it.

Now give me that Age Of Wushu 2 reveal at China Joy.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    I thought Age of Wushu and Black Gold were pretty good. Very fairly managed compared to most mmorpgs. The only problems were the waning popularity of mmorpgs and the UI.
    3rd times a charm, or it's the end of Dark and Light. I remember being excited for the first time Dark and Light opened only to see it was a steaming pile of crap run by a shitty company.
    edited July 2017

Cleffy said:

I thought Age of Wushu and Black Gold were pretty good. Very fairly managed compared to most mmorpgs. The only problems were the waning popularity of mmorpgs and the UI.
    3rd times a charm, or it's the end of Dark and Light. I remember being excited for the first time Dark and Light opened only to see it was a steaming pile of crap run by a shitty company.

I don't know about Black Gold but Age Of Wushu is my main mmo and love the game.
    Hatefull
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    "officially launch into early access"

Oh my, to bad I have a much much more compelling gaming event happening on the 21st. But good job MMORPG convincing gamers they want to pay for testing privileges. Make sure next week to put another article out about what's wrong with the genre.

/salute
    Tokken
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Renoaku said:

Yes but who is the publisher, because I really don't trust Snail Games anymore after both failures of Age OF Wushu & Black Gold?

How did Age of Wushu fail? I just logged in a few days ago and it seems pretty full and vibrant to me. I get if you just do not like the game, but it certainly is not a fail.
    MikehaSavageHorizonwinghaven1Nepheth

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Wizardry said:

"EARLY ACCESS" is NOT the day I am waiting for.

There, fixed it for you.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Hatefull said:

Renoaku said:

How did Age of Wushu fail? I just logged in a few days ago and it seems pretty full and vibrant to me. I get if you just do not like the game, but it certainly is not a fail.

What server you on? 

I am on White Tiger.   Playing Vagrant / Golden Needle Sect    :)
    [Deleted User]
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited July 2017
    One thing I'll say for sure is that the timing is good at least. If SWL had waited until around this time, it might've been received by more people to give FFXIV: SB honeymoon phase to wane a bit (a lot of the player base doesn't really do savage content anyway, Yoshida said about only 15% of the player base cleared all the way to A12S) and WoW's latest sub-patch as well. July and August seemed a little dead in terms of gaming until Destiny 2, which it would probably get 0 traction by then, followed by WoW's 7.3 Argus patch probably soon after and FFXIV's 4.1 around the same time as well. So, if the game isn't received well during this period, it probably wont for a while.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I wonder if they rushed this release in order to beat Citadel: forged in fire to release.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    JDis25 said:
    I wonder if they rushed this release in order to beat Citadel: forged in fire to release.
    I figure that was the reason for this rush release. Snail originally wanted to have a few Closed Beta Tests but, since there's a new game on the market now (soon),they just throw their plans off the rail.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    yay early access wipings...weeee

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • seraphicasseraphicas Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Yup, go ahead and waste your money and time folks.
    EpicJohnson
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    so the game is private hosted servers like ARC?
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Hatefull said:

Renoaku said:

It didn't fail, he is talking out of his ass. 
    Nepheth

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639

Renoaku said:

so the game is private hosted servers like ARC?

Yes.