Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do NOT buy Star Wars Galaxies!

brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

After having played the game since its launch, I recommend that no one buy this game!  I have cancelled my account, along with hundreds, possibly thousands of others.  If you don't believe me, check the 40+ pages on E-bay with people selling their accounts.  Here are the reasons the game is AWEFUL:

1.  Bugs bugs bugs:  I'm not just talking about inconvenient ones.  I mean things that prevent you from playing the game like is promised.  Many profession's skills don't work at all.  Several of the crafting classes cannot make their items.  There are several things in the game that are broken or don't work the way they are said to.  Missions that disappear, theme parks don't work, enemies that teleport on top of you when fighting.  All these things happen on a CONSTANT basis in the game.  It is not and never has been stable enough to be released, and the fun will be sucked out of you in a short time!  They even still do rollbacks, taking away the time you have played and paid for!

2.  Updates:  When?  Where?  How often?  Never!!  They promise and promise, but never deliver any of the things they say.  The updates are not monthly, the story line does not adjust, it is not player dependant.  None of the things they say they deliver on the website, in the guide, or anywhere else, are true.  If you're expecting fast changes, you're dead wrong.  It's been over 3 months since release, and they have still not made most professions reasonably playable.

3.  Customer service:  there is none!  If you don't believe me, ask any ofhte SWG player how often their "Customer Service Tickets" or petitions as most others know them, are answered.  They aren't.  I once had a ticket sit for 4 weeks without being answered before I finally just deleted it and gave up on them.  Also, you can't look to see if there are even any CSRs in game, beacuse they are hidden, if they even are there.  The CSRs in the chat room can't help you either.  They don't solve technical issues, or in-game issues.  So what are they even there for?  They don't help, and in many cases refuse to solve the problems anyway.  I lost 400,000 weapons experience from a server error, and they only said, "We don't give back experience lost or skills lost, even with a server error."  So, the weeks it took me to get those,...the $15 I paid for that month, gone!

So, for your own sake, DO NOT buy this game!  It's aweful!  The only good thing it has is graphics.  And most people don't want to give up fun and quality for graphics.  I hope all you potential customers of SWG turn away and move on to a different game.  This one isn't worth it!

-Brihtwulf

"Ain't no mystical energy field controls my destiny!"

Comments

• Lunar_KnightLunar_Knight Member Posts: 292
    Why did I get the feeling that you where yelling all that as you wrote it?

...but time flows like a river...

...and history repeats...

-Leader of "The Fighting Irish" in DAoC on Hib/Kay-

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
    SWG was bad in more ways than that, let me add that the leveling was stuipid, pvp was dumb and the missions weren't thought out at all.

Homer-"let the bears pay the bear tax, but i pay the Homer tax."
    Lisa-"Dad, that's the homeOWNERS tax!"
    Homer-"Whatever I'll be at Moes."

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

SWG is one of the worst made games ive ever played.. and the hype was so damn huge.. and it was pretty damn boring to

• PLH2034PLH2034 Member Posts: 58

I'm not here to bash but...

I played SWG when released and the game was very buggy and incomplete.

I'm used to MMORPGs so I accepted those flaws and played through no matter how frustrated i got.

I'm not a big star wars fan, I mean I've seen each movie twice but I'm not as big a fan as others.

I quit because the game was boring, boring, boring.

The missions bored me. The hunting bored me. The story bored me. The Imp vs. Reb PvP bored me (GO IMPs!). The classes bored me.

What I did like about the game was the dancers in the cantina and my character a Combat Medic/Creature Handler.

Though I loved my character they killed the pride and joy I had in him because I was forced into the role of a crafter in order to be an effective healer. Being a healing class in any game is rough without SWG making you waste hours of your play time crafting medicine.

When I did the math and figured out that I spent 80% of my time preparing to heal as opposed to 20% of actual fun play time the decision was easy.

I'm not saying dont play it I'm saying It just wasn't fun to me. It was like a job.

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    I found this thread from 3 years ago entertaining.

Looks like the more things change the more they stay the same :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    That really threw me, the OP could've posted that yesterday and it'd be even more pertinant than 3 years ago!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• AlatarielCAlatarielC Member Posts: 66

SWG does indeed blow goats. I started playing SWG about two years ago, in the first life of the game. It was all right, bugs yes, but it was definately playable, and the chance to be more than one 'profession' was good. Then I quit, went to EQ2, and came back after the CU. The need for a group was totally opposite of what SWG was. It was ruined IMO. I just went back a couple days ago, now in the third life of the game. The UI is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen. The keep clicking to fire your weapon is a waste. The way you're STUCK with ONE profession really sucks. There's more crap, but I'm not going to even think about it, to save myself from becoming angry.

SOE has totally ruined this game. I wouldn't recommend anyone play SWG.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, there is NO role-play server, official or not. No one RPs in SWG. It's all a bunch of l33t speak. It's a piece of s**t.

Alatariel Carnesir

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    I like how he posted this, but yet continued to play all the way up to NGE as far as I can remember...