Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is ARK so heavy active on my HDD ?!

rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
Hey,

me fears to load it, i have it on a mechanical HDD.
When i load it, i see the menu immidietly, but then it stutters and my HDD is heavy alife.
This goes for at least 5 minutes until the menu is usable.

My question is, what does the game do, what all other games dont ?!
Its the same when i end Ark, its minutes to wait for HDD activity to finish.

I dont need suggestions how to engange that with SSD and thelike, i just want know what the game is doing on the HDD ^^
I mean, no other game reacts like that :confused:

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Ark is badly optimized, lots of people have serious problem running the game, you are not alone.

PhryKyleranrawfoxOzmodan

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    ste2000 said:
    Ark is badly optimized, lots of people have serious problem running the game, you are not alone.

But hey, at least now you can buy it for twice the price, even if it is a buggy unfinished mess :p
    KyleranrawfoxPanther2103Ozmodan
  • rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    So <ou gonna tell me, its doing the same on everyones PC and nobody want to know, what exacly the game is doing there ?!

Well, okay, ill eat it but i wont play it like this ^^

Honestly i thought there is some workaround ...
    Nwm, thanks guys ^^

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Some games tend to constantly load stuff as you play which tend to give rather bad performance, I do remember EQ2 doing the same thing way back which lead to a lot of stuttering in zones like Neriak. I don't play ARK myself so I can't say I know any particulars.

And I fear your only fix is to run it on a SSD.
  • JaztauJaztau Member UncommonPosts: 2
    rawfox said:
    So <ou gonna tell me, its doing the same on everyones PC and nobody want to know, what exacly the game is doing there ?!

Well, okay, ill eat it but i wont play it like this ^^

Honestly i thought there is some workaround ...
    Nwm, thanks guys ^^

Jip I have been playing this game for 1.5 years and the only way I can play without my HDD getting a hart attack is to play on "No Sky Effects". But the defs will never help or do anything about it, they must be the most arrogant defs out there.
    Ozmodanrawfox