Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"The Pantheon Difference" (from the official Pantheon website)

I have been following Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen for some time now and it would be fair to say that I am moderately excited about it based on the streams I've watched and articles and newsletters I've read.

Yesterday, I went to check some information on their website and found a section called "The Pantheon Difference" which I am sure many of you are already familiar with. It describes some of the Pantheon design choices and how the game is close to and yet different from the "oldschool" MMORPGs. Since I really liked most of the information included there, I thought I would share it, so that those who are excited about the game, but have not yet read this, have an opportunity to learn some interesting information about the game. My feeling after reading the text is that they are really trying to create a virtual world which I believe many of us like.

Link to the original text on the Pantheon website: https://pantheonmmo.com/game/pantheon_difference/  

Below is the text from the website copy pasted for those who would prefer to read it here:

• An MMO Evolved

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen will likely be a fundamentally different game compared to what you may have experienced playing other modern MMORPGs. From the moment you log in you will notice that the game is more social and has an emphasis on cooperative play. The monsters are often tougher and exploration is more involved. You will need friends in the game and your reputation can either help you progress or hinder it. Death in-game is meaningful and you’ll want to avoid it when possible. You’ll learn your surroundings and the lay of the land, spending meaningful time in each area and not just running through as quickly as possible to collect ten hides. You will need strategy, cunning and endurance to uncover all that Pantheon has to offer. You will find yourself in group and guild chats as you strategize or even just to pass the time between battles. Pantheon is social, thought-provoking, and the memories from your experiences in Terminus will last a lifetime.
  • Atmosphere/Climate System

One of Pantheon’s tenets is ‘Engage the World!’ When we talk about being a PvE MMO, our definition of ‘environment’ means a lot more than just fighting NPCs -- players will be contending with the world itself. Some regions will be very hot or cold. Some areas within a zone might be enchanted with complete darkness, or silence (meaning spoken spells won't work), or poison or miasma. Small tornados could travel through a region, compelling players to work their way around them, not through them, lest they take significant damage. Also, certain spells may work better or worse (or even only work) depending on the climate or atmosphere -- for example, a 'Call Lightning' spell could deal more damage than a typical ‘lightning bolt’ spell but could only be cast if there is a storm in the region.
  • Powerful Spells and Abilities: The Living Codex

In MMOs it is common to find rare items out in the world, by adventuring or by crafting, but abilities and spells are more often learned from trainers or even just given to player when his or her character levels up. In Pantheon, however, many of the more rare and exotic spells and abilities are found not at the local trainer but from a wise sage hiding in the depths of a dungeon or at the top of a remote tower. 
    Learn more
  • Dynamic NPC Encounter Groups

The world is not static and unchanging – every day is not ‘groundhog’ day. Events occur that can completely change the population of a zone or the population of a group of NPCs within a zone (and the rarer the event, the rarer the rewards -- many exotic items can only be obtained when one of these zone events occur). An example: after you kill some key mobs guarding a hill giant camp, this triggers a zone event that loads up an invading force of Storm Giants who then proceed to attack the Hill Giant camp. 
  • NPC Dispositions and Behaviors

An area we have not seen much innovation in MMORPGs, almost since their inception, is the area of NPC AI. What if certain enemies had different “dispositions” that had to be discovered by the player? Many NPCs in Pantheon will have advanced behaviors, like the propensity to flee if possible, or to stand and fight to the end. Some NPCs will be inclined to help other NPCs in the area, while some will not. Some will target certain classes within the group that is attacking them. NPC’s movement speeds may vary if they feel they are outmatched. While it is too early to go into a lot of detail, some of the different dispositions we are working on include: the Alarmist, the Bully, the Craven, the Opportunist, the Protector, and the Strategist.
  • Colored Mana System

Different classes will use different colors of mana. Some rare abilities, spells, and prayers will use more than one color of mana. These exotic abilities create an opportunity to sub-class your character, allowing players to customize their class to a degree, but without removing the interdependence between classes that is key to group content and building community. 
  • Progeny System

Players will be able to 'retire' high level characters and then create their children as new characters, but these new characters, the 'progeny', will have certain abilities, stats, etc. that make them slightly yet noticeably better than a completely brand new character (but not to the point that it unbalances things).
  • Situational Gear

In Pantheon, there often won't simply be a weapon or piece of gear that is the absolute best item for your character’s class and level. Instead, many items will be more situational, and the player will need to ask himself, 'where am I?', 'what am I going to fight next?', and 'who in my group is what class, and what items do they have that may help defeat the next encounter?' Items that protect against climates/atmospheres (areas of extreme heat or cold, or disease, or absolute darkness) will often be important. So also will 'bane' items that are especially effective against certain types of mobs (for example, the Undead, or Dragonkind). 
  • The Perception System

One of the most profound things about Pantheon is how we are designing the game from the ground up so that the Environment truly matters – we want players to care about the world they are in, and why things are the way they are. When you think of MMOs, when is the last time you discovered the meaning, or the history, or the secrets of a person, place or event without being told by a text box? What if we’ve conceived of a way to bring players back to exploring because they are compelled by what they see in front of them - not because a blinking light tells them to go there? In Pantheon, Wizards will be able to perceive things that a Warrior cannot. Through prayer, a Cleric may gain insight into an area, or a creature, that a Rogue could never know. Through our perception system, Pantheon will redefine how the game world becomes known, and how players will work together to progress.
ste2000KilsinZuljanGdemamiExcessiondeniterDullahanborghive49

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,903
    I had not read this before, thanks for sharing.

If they can pull it all off it should make for an interesting and different MMORPG experience.

coretex666deniterPpiperEvilslayer

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited July 2017
    Great find!

A little TLDR for the lazy gits:

- The game is going to be highly Social, your reputation will be really important and could make your life easier or more difficult in Pantheon.

- There will be an higher emphasis on Environment Interaction, it will not be just about NPCs.

- Climate will influence your Spell Casting, making your Spells more or less powerful according to the climate surrounding the area.

- Powerful Skills and Spells are found as Loot in Dungeons or as Quest Rewards instead of getting them automatically as you level (I missed this feature)

- Dynamic Content; killing certain mobs might spawn Special Events which drop Special loot.

- NPCs will have a personality and will react differently to a certain situation, some will flee, some will attack, some other will alert their mates, other will attack specific Classes and so on.

- Color Mana System; the most powerful Speels/Abilities requires more than one type of mana, I guess those can be leveled separately allowing a certain degree of Class customization.

- You can retire your character and pass some of your Stats to your "son" making this new character Base Stats slightly better than the "father".

- You will need Situational Gear to deal with the harsh climate of the different zones, ex: a snowy zone requires gear with cold protection preventing you to freeze to death.

-  Your perception will allow you to find quests as soon as you approach a certain area or NPCs, the perception is something you can level and it's different between Classes, each different Class can discover different things about the environment, the secrets and the Lore of the game.

coretex666CrazKanukkadajvolajuMusket-Squid

• ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Interesting stuff.  I like a lot of it.  However, I'm not crazy about all of it.  We'll see how it turns out, but the two things that give me pause are the climate system and the situational gear.  As someone who likes MMOs to be challenging, I think using weather as a potential travel barrier might be overkill.  I like the idea of certain areas being "enchanted" which may change conditions somewhat, like the darkness and the silence thing, but I'm less crazy about natural weather potentially causing damage to your character.  They're supposed to be hardy heroes and something like weather shouldn't slow them down.  But then again, I'm basing this on scant info, so I might be worried about nothing.

As far as situational gear goes, I hope this doesn't mean switching your gear on a regular basis.  Obviously, I love upgrading gear to make my character more powerful, but if I have to switch it often depending on who I am fighting, that seems tedious to me.  I like getting my character decked out and feeling confident I can attack almost any mob with the gear I worked so hard to obtain.  Encountering a rare mob that might be immune to certain kinds of magic is one thing, and if it requires a special weapon to attack it, that's fine.  But I don't want to go around playing musical chairs with my items over and over again.  If I acquire a really nice item, I become attached to it; and the thought of it being ineffective against certain mobs kind of rubs me the wrong way.

They haven't mentioned anything about repairing gear.  That's one thing I don't like in MMOs at all.  If it's non-magical gear...not a problem.  But magic gear is supposed to be special.  It shouldn't degrade with use.  I hope they don't plan to put that in the game.

But I don't want to make this post entirely sour.  The rest of the stuff sounds promising.  The progeny system sounds like a way to keep you playing after your main character has maxed out.  The mana and the spell systems I'm looking forward to.

coretex666MrMelGibson

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,707
    Zindaihas said:

Interesting stuff.  I like a lot of it.  However, I'm not crazy about all of it.  We'll see how it turns out, but the two things that give me pause are the climate system and the situational gear.  As someone who likes MMOs to be challenging, I think using weather as a potential travel barrier might be overkill.  I like the idea of certain areas being "enchanted" which may change conditions somewhat, like the darkness and the silence thing, but I'm less crazy about natural weather potentially causing damage to your character.  They're supposed to be hardy heroes and something like weather shouldn't slow them down.  But then again, I'm basing this on scant info, so I might be worried about nothing.

As far as situational gear goes, I hope this doesn't mean switching your gear on a regular basis.  Obviously, I love upgrading gear to make my character more powerful, but if I have to switch it often depending on who I am fighting, that seems tedious to me.  I like getting my character decked out and feeling confident I can attack almost any mob with the gear I worked so hard to obtain.  Encountering a rare mob that might be immune to certain kinds of magic is one thing, and if it requires a special weapon to attack it, that's fine.  But I don't want to go around playing musical chairs with my items over and over again.  If I acquire a really nice item, I become attached to it; and the thought of it being ineffective against certain mobs kind of rubs me the wrong way.

They haven't mentioned anything about repairing gear.  That's one thing I don't like in MMOs at all.  If it's non-magical gear...not a problem.  But magic gear is supposed to be special.  It shouldn't degrade with use.  I hope they don't plan to put that in the game.

But I don't want to make this post entirely sour.  The rest of the stuff sounds promising.  The progeny system sounds like a way to keep you playing after your main character has maxed out.  The mana and the spell systems I'm looking forward to.

I feel the same about gear switching. I completely agree with your second paragraph.

As I said in the first post, I like most of the information included there. This one is an exception.

I do not mind the weather effects on my character though. If it is implemented well, it may be an entertaining game element.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,191
    Right is it going to be "Ok im fighting a kobold I have to wear this gear, then ten seconds later a skeleton which requires that gear, then theres bandits in which I have to use anotehr set of gear.....I dont think most of us want to carry around 10 situational sets of gear.
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 507
    Right is it going to be "Ok im fighting a kobold I have to wear this gear, then ten seconds later a skeleton which requires that gear, then theres bandits in which I have to use anotehr set of gear.....I dont think most of us want to carry around 10 situational sets of gear.
    No, not at all, it is more for climate and conditions like resisting the elements for that zone, dungeon, cave or area, not a gear change per mob type :)
    Geeky

Community & Web Manager | Visionary Realms, Inc.
    Visit our Development Website. | Facebook | Twitter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,784
    Yeah i have read the Pantheon information a couple times,it does look to have potential,at least on paper.Talk is cheap though,i really hope they can do the game justice as i am dying to make a new game home for several years.
    As to resisting elements,i have seen this in action within Gorgon and i have to say i am not a fan of that design choice at least not as it is implemented in Gorgon.I feel it needs to be toned down,getting frost bite within seconds in a game where you are pretty much FORCED to that zone instead of having other choices is not a good design choice.

Example if we hit say level 40 and the only place to go at 40 is a cold zone that requires all special gear,i am not a fan.I am a fan if the game has several options for groups or players,like maybe a hot zone,cold zone, often raining zone,often windy zone all of which may effect certain abilities and spells and accuracy.
    Point being like i always state,i want stuff to make sense,i don't want forced zones,i want to feel like it is my adventure my world and not a predetermined set of choices.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited July 2017
    Don't be over dramatic.
    It just requires to do your homework before you adventures to a certain zone.
    If you are about to travel to a snowy zone just wear some cold resistant gear, simple.
    If you think that is too much of a bother, WoW is that way --->

Pantheon requires dedication, and planning your journey is another requirement if you want to succeeed in this game, if you just want to log on and play a Dungeon instantly, Pantheon is not the game you are looking for.

Post edited by ste2000 on

edited July 2017
    Kilsin said:
    No, not at all, it is more for climate and conditions like resisting the elements for that zone, dungeon, cave or area, not a gear change per mob type :)

Hi @Kilsin I have a feedback about the current system.
    I don't think Potions should be the way to go to create Situational Gear.
    I don't really like it, it's over simplified, I understand it makes it easier on you guys because it requires less coding but I think the Climate System could be a strong selling point for Pantheon.

I prefer actual Special Protective Gear, something like the Dark Iron Set you needed in WoW to do Molten Core, or a Rune System where you slot those runes into the Gear itself, which is really similar to the Potion System you have now but it's less immersion breaking IMO.
    Potions with a permanent effect doesn't make sense (but it's ok having potions with a temporary effect).

Distopiadeniter

ste2000 said:
    Kilsin said:

I don't really like it, it's over simplified, I understand it makes it easier on you guys because it requires less coding but I think the Climate System could be a strong selling point for Pantheon so it should be

I prefer actual Special Protective Gear, something like the Dark Iron Set you needed in WoW to do Molten Core, or a Rune System where you slot those runes into the Gear itself, which is really similar to the Potion System you have now but it's less immersion breaking IMO.
    Potions with a permanent effect doesn't make sense (but it's ok having potions with a temporary effect).

How can you have feedback my friend, you haven't seen or experienced it yet! :wink:

We do look forward to people testing out our systems and giving feedback when we push testing out though, something that we are currently working hard on getting ready.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,182
    Kilsin said:
    ste2000 said:
    Kilsin said:

I don't really like it, it's over simplified, I understand it makes it easier on you guys because it requires less coding but I think the Climate System could be a strong selling point for Pantheon so it should be

How can you have feedback my friend, you haven't seen or experienced it yet! :wink:

We do look forward to people testing out our systems and giving feedback when we push testing out though, something that we are currently working hard on getting ready.
    With all due respect...There is an inherent difference between the proposed system, and other uses of climate related effects in games. So in that sense you don't really need hands on experience to know those differences, nor to have a preference one way or the other. I do agree with Ste that your proposed system seems overly simplified comparative to other examples of such systems.

I'd say it seems a bit too much of a checklist type of grind than an immersive feature at least as explained.

It's not like such climate features and effects are new to gaming, they've been widely used since the mario days (slippery when on ice)... So it's kind of insulting to see you act as though your system is beyond our understanding at this point. 

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

edited July 2017
    Kilsin said:
    ste2000 said:

@Kilsin
    I have eyes, and I watched your Streaming where you showcase how the System work....
    You have an extra tab on the Character window where you can add those Potions on each of the Gear slots.
    Those Potions have a permanent effect...it's all on the 3 hour Streaming, not making things up.

It's the same as slotting runes on WoW armor, nothing really ground breaking, I don't need to play a game to guess how things work, I played almost any relevant MMO since UO.

Personally I would like to see more dedicated Armor Sets with protection Bonuses like the Dark Iron Set in WoW (when WoW was still fun).
    Can't you see the potential?

Can you imagine players having to acquire hundreds of different gear pieces to be able to play confortably through all the different Climates?
    This will greatly help with the longevity of the game, considering how many extra hours a player has to put to achieve that.
    That's horizontal content which is fairly easy to mass produce as you don't have to actually create a different 3D model for each piece of gear, but just add the Prot Stat and change the name of the item.

Gdemami

ste2000 said:
    Kilsin said:
    ste2000 said:

@Kilsin
    I have eyes, and I watched your Streaming where you showcase how the System work....
    You have an extra tab on the Character window where you can add those Potions on each of the Gear slots.
    Those Potions have a permanent effect...it's all on the 3 hour Streaming, not making things up.

Well, you can watch someone driving a race car around a track at 200 mph, but it isn't at all the same as experiencing it for  yourself, even if you've driven a car before going a 100 mph.

Perhaps once you experience how their system works in game it will make more sense but until you actually do you really can't  know for sure.

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited July 2017
    Kyleran said:
    ste2000 said:

Well, you can watch someone driving a race car around a track at 200 mph, but it isn't at all the same as experiencing it for  yourself, even if you've driven a car before going a 100 mph.

Perhaps once you experience how their system works in game it will make more sense but until you actually do you really can't  know for sure.

C'mon is not the same thing.
    What they have and what I am suggesting are two totally different things.

Their current system works by slotting the desired Prot Stat in any Gear you are wearing.

My suggestion is to have specific Gear with embedded Prot Stats, which means you actually need to swap gear when you enter a zone with a specific Climate.

Both have Pros and Cons obviously, but their system looks too much to what you find in mainstream MMOs, I am not saying that's a bad choice, but I was under the illusion that Pantheon wanted to be different from the crowd.

Gdemami

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    Kyleran said:
    ste2000 said:
    Kilsin said:
    ste2000 said:

@Kilsin

You can watch Nascar, Formala, Sprint, and Dirt Track and not have to drive any of those cars to choose a format you prefer to watch and follow.
    MrMelGibson
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 6,690
    Don't get me wrong, I'm in full support of Pantheon, but I can't help but cringe at their copycat mistake being made that ArenaNet also did with their claims of "Dynamic" events. Dynamic means continuous change, not scripted events. I'm not saying these events are bad, but they are anything but Dynamic. In order to have anything related to Dynamic, you would need hella socialistic AI.

Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    ste2000 said:
    Kilsin said:
    ste2000 said:

@Kilsin

You can watch Nascar, Formala, Sprint, and Dirt Track and not have to drive any of those cars to choose a format you prefer to watch and follow.
    I wouldn't  know, I don't watch people "do things", just no real interest.

MrMelGibson

• drivendawndrivendawn Member RarePosts: 2,127
    Rhoklaw said:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm in full support of Pantheon, but I can't help but cringe at their copycat mistake being made that ArenaNet also did with their claims of "Dynamic" events. Dynamic means continuous change, not scripted events. I'm not saying these events are bad, but they are anything but Dynamic. In order to have anything related to Dynamic, you would need hella socialistic AI.
    Or you know control the events themselves like old school MMO's did. Which I am pretty sure is what they mean.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,934
    Kyleran said:
    Torval said:
    Kyleran said:
    ste2000 said:
    Kilsin said:
    ste2000 said:

@Kilsin

I wouldn't  know, I don't watch people "do things", just no real interest.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were completely unfamiliar with the concept or had never watched sports of any type on television. So we're just supposed to take your word with "Because I said so"?
    MrMelGibson
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

ste2000 said:
    Kilsin said:
    ste2000 said:

@Kilsin

It's the same as slotting runes on WoW armor, nothing really ground breaking, I don't need to play a game to guess how things work, I played almost any relevant MMO since UO.

Personally I would like to see more dedicated Armor Sets with protection Bonuses like the Dark Iron Set in WoW (when WoW was still fun).

Can you imagine players having to acquire hundreds of different gear pieces to be able to play confortably through all the different Climates?
    This will greatly help with the longevity of the game, considering how many extra hours a player has to put to achieve that.
    That's horizontal content which is fairly easy to mass produce as you don't have to actually create a different 3D model for each piece of gear, but just add the Prot Stat and change the name of the item.

All I am saying is you have seen a tiny snippet on our stream, it hasn;t been fully revealed yet and when it has been and you can get hands on you will have a much better understanding of what it will be like, instead of by trying to compare it to other games that handled it differently. :)

Players won;t need hundreds of different gear pieces and that just goes to show the lack of understanding with our system, which was teased in a stream so I can understand the confusion.

Hopefully, we will be able to reveal more soon and again, once you are in and testing it yourself it will be much better understood as this system works in sync with other systems, mechanics and features so it is much better to experience it first hand my friend.
    drivendawnMrMelGibsondcutbi001

edited July 2017
    Kilsin said:
    ste2000 said:

Players won;t need hundreds of different gear pieces and that just goes to show the lack of understanding with our system, which was teased in a stream so I can understand the confusion.

That's what I said.
    ste2000 said:

Their current system works by slotting the desired Prot Stat in any Gear you are wearing.

My suggestion is to have specific Gear with embedded Prot Stats, which means you actually need to swap gear when you enter a zone with a specific Climate.

Your current system don't need hundreds of gear pieces, but actually that's what I think you should do.
    I also explained the reasons why I think it is better:

ste2000 said:

Having to acquire hundreds of Situational Gear will keep players busy for months and months (remember Pantheon has a Monthly Subscription), it's a good way to give player something to look for while leveling.

Of course many people will hate this, as some players just want to be able to access content when it suits them without restrictions, but Pantheon should aim for people who actually like to put effort in everything they do and take pleasure in unlocking content while playing the game.

WoW and EQ2 (both vanilla versions) had some sort of Content Lock, which you had to unlock either by having the right Gear (WoW - Molten Core) or by Quest (EQ2 - Access Quests).
    I really enjoyed working on being able to access locked content, I still remember how excited I was the first time I stepped in Molten Core or Fallen Gates.

ste2000 said:
    Kilsin said:
    ste2000 said:

That's what I said.
    ste2000 said:

Your current system don't need hundreds of gear pieces, but actually that's what I think you should do.
    I also explained the reasons why I think it is better:

ste2000 said:

Having to acquire hundreds of Situational Gear will keep players busy for months and months (remember Pantheon has a Monthly Subscription), it's a good way to give player something to look for while leveling.

Of course many people will hate this, as some players just want to be able to access content when it suits them without restrictions, but Pantheon should aim for people who actually like to put effort in everything they do and take pleasure in unlocking content while playing the game.

WoW and EQ2 (both vanilla versions) had some sort of Content Lock, which you had to unlock either by having the right Gear (WoW - Molten Core) or by Quest (EQ2 - Access Quests).
    I really enjoyed working on being able to access locked content, I still remember how excited I was the first time I stepped in Molten Core or Fallen Gates.

Ugh no, if they take this route of gating content behind large timesinks such as gear, faction or material grinding I won't be playing.

While obtaining access to a dungeon the first time might be fun,  doing it again and again on alts, not so much.

The worst is grinding mats for consumables  over and over to enter the dungeon again.
    MendelDistopiaMrMelGibsonFrankVLucas

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335

I see it more as using cold weather gear while fighting in an artic environment vs using hot weather gear while fighting in a desert or volcano.

You know where you are going, dress appropriately.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• Nightbringe1Nightbringe1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,335
    Kyleran said:
    Ugh no, if they take this route of gating content behind large timesinks such as gear, faction or material grinding I won't be playing.

You call it a timesink, I call it gameplay.

I expect large time investments in obtaining gear, accessing content, etc. To me, that is the game, not some magical race to "end-game."

ste2000DullahandrivendawnPharaohmandcutbi001

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.
    Benjamin Franklin

• coretex666coretex666 Member EpicPosts: 3,707
    edited July 2017
    I am also a "grinder" in nature. I enjoy grinding mats, gear, spellbooks, ingame currency, etc.,  especially if I am also gaining experience / levels in the process and also if there is a chance of getting some rare drops with very little drop chance. I really dislike it when there is an easily attainable level / experience / progression cap. 

I think it would be nice if the weather effects were also tied to professions and classes. For instance, characters could be making potions, enchants, or gear sockets with resistances. Certain classes could have spells that increase specific resistances which may be in alignment with the group / social gameplay they are aiming at.

I think the resistance buffs and "professions' products" could also represent a nice motivation for long term gameplay for people like me who are heavily focused on progression. For instance, it keeps me playing an MMORPG for years when I know that e.g. at level 70, I will get a "mass frost resist" buff for the whole group which will make our guild group much stronger and our life much easier in some high level dungeon where we go grind for high grade gear and rare materials.

Just my subjective preferences :).
    Post edited by coretex666 on
    ste2000