Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wild West Online leaked gameplay screens

MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
edited July 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
It seems highly likely the first ever relevant footage of the MMO Wild West Online was leaked in a supposed video that was quickly deleted. Said it showcased a steal system similar to elder scrolls and a bounty system. Only 2 prints were posted:

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/WildWestOnline/comments/6m2gzg/gameplay_was_leaked/

edit: another pic was posted:

Post edited by MaxBacon on
bcbully

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Nyctelios said:
    I'll confess I like the aesthetics and I like the clean UI (if that is actually the intended final design). The customization doesn't seems to be the strong point, though - like some presets and color change with no in depth sliders or anything like that.
    Yeah I like if this is the idea for UI; without bloated elements.

As this is going to release in alpha first would be expectable the customization be so basic right now, we'll have to check it out once the gameplay trailer is released.
    Nyctelios said:
    I agree, but I think that said system would requires some basis in which it will extend. I can see sliders, but I don't think we'll get EvE facial modelling.
    Yeah from their FAQ also hints it's more simple, no making characters old or extensive physical customization.

But apart of that I'm waiting to see how it plays, if they have decent mechanics to start the alpha with then I'm likely to buy in :P
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    While it's spiffy to see the images (I guess...), I'm really getting tired of "leaked" information. I miss the days when we'd hang for a week or more waiting for screenshots by the devs or a new dev diary or video. I find the "thrill of surprise" sorely lacking in today's market, though I have to hand it to the Warframe guys -- they surprised just about everyone without a single leak. That's a refreshing change of pace.
    RemyVorenderste2000[Deleted User]HatefullConstantineMerusOctagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    While it's spiffy to see the images (I guess...), I'm really getting tired of "leaked" information. I miss the days when we'd hang for a week or more waiting for screenshots by the devs or a new dev diary or video. I find the "thrill of surprise" sorely lacking in today's market, though I have to hand it to the Warframe guys -- they surprised just about everyone without a single leak. That's a refreshing change of pace.
    I think the times are different, when a game comes around very mysterious showing only very contained stuff (like screens) and no gameplay and such, people take it as the devs are trying to hide the game because it's crap and hype prints instead.

Unless we talk about big publishers on known IPs, I don't think rest gets much of a hype reaction if they try to do the same.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I still absolutely abhor the practice of "leaking" everything. I hate it that people inside these companies do it. I hate news sites that purposely do a "whoops" knowing they'll benefit from it. And I hate it that people playing betas under NDA do it. 

It's a terrible and rather dishonest practice in my book. I guess I'm just old-fashioned.
    [Deleted User]ExcessionConstantineMerusOctagon7711SpottyGekko

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    I still absolutely abhor the practice of "leaking" everything. I hate it that people inside these companies do it. I hate news sites that purposely do a "whoops" knowing they'll benefit from it. And I hate it that people playing betas under NDA do it. 

It's a terrible and rather dishonest practice in my book. I guess I'm just old-fashioned.
    I don't like intentional breaches either, this must have came from the company because someone posted the trailer in the Discord channel. It's often devs share with close friends and such and get, well, "betrayed".

But once they do happen it happens, this 2 screenies just build expectation for that gameplay trailer coming soon. gg
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    SBFord said:

"As a government does, so does its people."

:* 
    Kyleran

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Stop getting excited about screenshots or short Tech Demos.
    Today is really easy to fake a videogame, with powerful and newby friendly engines such as Unity, Unreal and Cry Engine almost everyone with a minimun of know how can make a Tech Demo.

When developers start showing extensive gameplay footage then you can get excited, don't throw money to some nice looking screenshots and a bunch of good intentions.
    Developers should be the first to show everyone that they are serious by putting lots of unpaid work behind the project by building a solid skeleton of the game, if they are not prepared do that why should we believe in their project?
    Blind faith is for religion not games.

KyleranOctagon7711

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited July 2017
    SBFord said:
    What's Warframe? ;)

Whoops, never mind, just read the article on the home page, now I remember why I've paid it no mind.
    Realizer

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited July 2017
    the last pic posted from the video:

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    SBFord said:
    Not to derail the topic, but yeah those guys really knocked it out of the park. Not only with their tightly held secret (well done imo) but also with the content of the release. I, in no way, saw that coming. Well played all around. 
    KyleranSBFord

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    not a fan of how I know its 'railroad joe' from what seems hundreds of yards away
    Excession

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    SBFord said:
    I miss the days in which you were awed by what you saw in a game because it's actually the first time you've seen any of it.  There isn't a game out there that doesn't tell you everything there is to know about it well before it actually ships.  Gone are the days of buying games off the shelf of a store being lured only by the packaging.

It's no wonder everyone has an attention span of a pea these days, they've conditioned themselves to know the solution to the puzzle before they even attempt it.  Then complain that it's too easy because they do.  Watching a movie must be a hoot knowing everything about it before you go see it.
    SpottyGekko
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    MaxBacon said:
    the last pic posted from the video:

I dont like it for two reasons.

1. I shouldn't be able to know its 'railroad joe' from that far.
    2. it looks more like a painting then realistic
    Excession

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    MaxBacon said:
    It seems highly likely the first ever relevant footage of the MMO Wild West Online was leaked in a supposed video that was quickly deleted. Said it showcased a steal system similar to elder scrolls and a bounty system. Only 2 prints were posted:

From: https://www.reddit.com/r/WildWestOnline/comments/6m2gzg/gameplay_was_leaked/

edit: another pic was posted:

For some reason when I saw that tent screenshot It reminded me of Austin Powers and the tent scene. xD
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    edited July 2017
    That character customization is dreadful. Hope they update that. Just calculating out the options shown there and assuming equal options for both genders there are 54 potential characters. Decent customization should present so many options as to seem innumerable. Especially when you consider a great number of the variations are just alterations in skin tone, hair color and scars.
  • PugrocPugroc Member UncommonPosts: 4
    These were not "leaked shots" they are from a Dev video over at Massively Overpowered.
    http://massivelyop.com/2017/07/10/wild-west-onlines-gameplay-video-shows-bounties-saloons-and-more/

Octagon7711
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited July 2017
    Pugroc said:
    These were not "leaked shots" they are from a Dev video over at Massively Overpowered.
    http://massivelyop.com/2017/07/10/wild-west-onlines-gameplay-video-shows-bounties-saloons-and-more/

Which Massively posted on July 10th. Screenshots here were posted on July 9th
    Octagon7711

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited July 2017
    Pugroc said:

I was about to say, I saw all those a few days ago in the devs demo video.   And another video on YouTube showing how the character creator worked, if memory serves.

This video of screenshots with QA from Devs was posted May 23, 2017.

I just saw the trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 and all I can say is wow, who would buy this with that coming out?
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited July 2017

I just saw the trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2 and all I can say is wow, who would buy this with that coming out?
    rip
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Pugroc said:

I heard the "leaked shots" were posted on Rockstar's forums by the WWO devs w/o saying what they were from at first leading many to think they were RDR screens at first.
  • MikaelJordanMikaelJordan Member CommonPosts: 20
    Wow, this looks amazing. Gave me a feeling of Online Red Dead Redemption - It would be great if there are more features about building the base - recruiting and operating a gang in the wild west!