Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most Underrated

SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
edited July 2017 in General Gaming
game in your current catalog or rotation

mine would be Empryrion Galactic Survival
http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/Empyrion__Galactic_Survival/

awesome game

(yes I know I post this game often, no I am not working for them, if you respond complaining about my choice think about how I will react and how doing so might engage me even more)

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

Slapshot1188cameltosis

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Warframe.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/230410/Warframe/
    The game is a blast.
    Fast paced Cooperative FPS, one of the most fun combat I ever played.

Grunty

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    edited July 2017
    ste2000 said:
    Warframe.
    The game is a blast.

User reviews:
    RECENT: Very Positive (3,905 reviews)
    OVERALL: Very Positive (131,088 reviews) define under rated?

131,000 that is a ton of reviews...wow!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Some excerpts of the most recent reviews

(Disclaimer, there are a great many positive reviews for this game and it's clear there's a lot to like for many players.  I extracted the negative portions of the most recent reviews which highlight why I won't play EA games, and this one is coming up on the 2 year mark in an alpha state.  The price however is terrific right now, $9.99 so if you are looking for a bit of "fun" likely is a good game. )

"This game (in progress) is not bad but not overwhelming good either. It has alot of potential but like always time will tell if this game is worth the price"

"Would recommend it before the update ... good job game devs. Game went from too easy to too annoying at the start."

"I love this game, it's amazing for cooperative survival. The ship v ship pvp (svs/pvp) is bad but with a tiny bit of work it can be a thrilling experience!....With work this can be one of the best space survival games on the market."

"Excellent game. In need of some balancing but otherwise quite polished."

"Decent amount of floating objects, including hostile mobs which become unlootable"

"It's basically just a grinding simulator with sci fi embroidered over it. Controls are clunky, the combat is off, and your character will eat the entire planet and then be hungry again four minutes later. It's garbage."

"Cheap Space Engineers knock off"

"Surprisingly robust for a game that's still in alpha."

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:

(Disclaimer, there are a great many positive reviews for this game and it's clear there's a lot to like for many players.  I extracted the negative portions of the most recent reviews which highlight why I won't play EA games, and this one is coming up on the 2 year mark in an alpha state.  The price however is terrific right now, $9.99 so if you are looking for a bit of "fun" likely is a good game. )

"This game (in progress) is not bad but not overwhelming good either. It has alot of potential but like always time will tell if this game is worth the price"

"Would recommend it before the update ... good job game devs. Game went from too easy to too annoying at the start."

"I love this game, it's amazing for cooperative survival. The ship v ship pvp (svs/pvp) is bad but with a tiny bit of work it can be a thrilling experience!....With work this can be one of the best space survival games on the market."

"Decent amount of floating objects, including hostile mobs which become unlootable"

"It's basically just a grinding simulator with sci fi embroidered over it. Controls are clunky, the combat is off, and your character will eat the entire planet and then be hungry again four minutes later. It's garbage."

to help along for those struggling with math

User reviews:
    RECENT:
    Mostly Positive (625 reviews)
    OVERALL:
    Very Positive (6,900 reviews)

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:

User reviews:
    RECENT:
    OVERALL:
    So the trend is downward?

Interesting... I have this one on my Wishlist but if it's getting worse.. I dunno.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:

User reviews:
    RECENT:
    OVERALL:

Interesting... I have this one on my Wishlist but if it's getting worse.. I dunno.

no the way math works (or statistics specifically) is that if you want to know how a game is perceived by players of the game you dont have to read the individual reviews but instead you can see the overall score which in this case is 'very positive'.
    that said, its not always the best indicator however one of the best indicators of if a person might like a game is to have a base understanding of even what the features are.
    So for example, even though a game like Blockscape has low rating and even Wurm Unlimited having a basic grasp of what the game is about and what the features are I can determine that I might like it despite the ratings which in my case was the case

so what are the features in this game?

Stizzled said:
    I'm sure you'll all jump all over me, but:

No Man's Sky

http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/No_Mans_Sky/

Review scores are slowly getting more positive with the updates. New and old players alike are starting to take notice and get a little hyped with the Waking Titan ARG going on. HG are slowly making up for their mistakes. 

They really need to lower the price though, even most 'AAA' games aren't still $60 a year after release. The price is, objectively, the only real problem at the moment.
    I have been told multiple times that under no circumstance can NMS be compared to any other space game so I guess we cant do that

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Homefront: The Revolution.  I really like this game.  It's like The Division but with a smaller budget.  I only play it for the single player, played it and the DLC a few times.  Reviews are all over the place with this one.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/223100/Homefront_The_Revolution/

I gotta try and stay away from this thread cause you guys are blowing my budget... :smiley:

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,987
    SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:

User reviews:
    RECENT:
    OVERALL:

no the way math works (or statistics specifically) is that if you want to know how a game is perceived by players of the game you dont have to read the individual reviews but instead you can see the overall score which in this case is 'very positive'.
    that said, its not always the best indicator however one of the best indicators of if a person might like a game is to have a base understanding of even what the features are.

what are the features?
    Huh?
    Actually "the way the math works" is that a bigger percentage of people were positive about the game since launch (86%), then recently (75%)...
    That's what trends mean... and that's how math works.

cameltosis

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Kyleran said:

User reviews:
    RECENT:
    OVERALL:

what are the features?
    Huh?
    Actually "the way the math works" is that a bigger percentage of people were positive about the game since launch (86%), then recently (75%)...
    That's what trends mean... and that's how math works.

ah yes good point actually

so what are the features of the game?
    cameltosis

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Stizzled said:
    I'm sure you'll all jump all over me, but:

No Man's Sky

http://store.steampowered.com/app/275850/No_Mans_Sky/

Review scores are slowly getting more positive with the updates. New and old players alike are starting to take notice and get a little hyped with the Waking Titan ARG going on. HG are slowly making up for their mistakes. 

They really need to lower the price though, even most 'AAA' games aren't still $60 a year after release. The price is, objectively, the only real problem at the moment.

I bought it the other day for $24.  I've enjoyed it.  Once you figure out the first couple of hours of survival it can be rather relaxing.

I've got a base going. Maxed out my exosuit's inventory, found a wrecked ship worth repairing, and found out mining gold is the best way to afford it.  Now I'll start looking for a multi-tool worth upgrading to so I can mine and defend myself better.  Next I'll upgrade the base, multi-tool, and exocraft.  Then I'll start moving out into the universe.
    Phaserlight
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    ste2000 said:
    Warframe.
    The game is a blast.

Warframe is fun but at times repetitive.  I still don't know how people rush/fly through all the tight corridors.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Wildstar.

It was a good game but seems it came out at the wrong time and was poorly promoted, the events that followed resulted in decay over time. :(
    Tokken
    edited July 2017
    Grunty said:
    ste2000 said:
    Warframe.
    The game is a blast.

Warframe is fun but at times repetitive.  I still don't know how people rush/fly through all the tight corridors.
    That's the best part.
    Hold Sprint+Crouch = Slide
    Hold Sprint+Crouch+LeftMouse = Melee (Heli)Copter Slide (Slice enemies while sliding)
    Hold Sprint+Jump+LeftMouse = High Kick (Medium Forward Jump)
    Hold Sprint+Crouch+Jump = Super Jump (Long Forward Jump)
    Hold Sprint+Jump+Run on Walls = Allows you to run along the walls.

I have a G600 Mouse so I have a Macro for all of those moves to make it easy.
    Without those moves the game is not half as fun.

Post edited by ste2000 on

edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    ste2000 said:
    Warframe.
    The game is a blast.

User reviews:

Underrated on this site, no one ever talks about Warframe here, though this game is much closer to an MMORPG than other more popular games on MMORPG.com , it is hardly covered on this site.
    Which is a shame, it is really fun, and more people should know about it.

Post edited by ste2000 on

ste2000 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    ste2000 said:
    Warframe.
    The game is a blast.

User reviews:

Underrated on this site, no one ever talks about Warframe here, though this game is much closer to an MMORPG than other more popular games on MMORPG.com , it is hardly covered on this site.

very fair point

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    edited July 2017
    ste2000 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    ste2000 said:
    Warframe.
    The game is a blast.

User reviews:

Yeah, but if we acknowledged Warframe as an MMO then we would have to acknowledge Destiny as an MMO, and that simply cannot happen :)

MaxBacon said:
    Wildstar.

It was a good game but seems it came out at the wrong time and was poorly promoted, the events that followed resulted in decay over time. :(

I don't know if it was marketing, it was pretty well hyped. I think there were two nails that closed that coffin. First was telegraphs. For whatever reason people felt like this was a big deal. Even though it offers a great balance between skill and traditional tab-targeting, people just seem to have hated the telegraphs. 

Secondly, difficulty. People SAY they want to be challenged, but there are mountains of information which would support the fact that people DON'T want a challenge. At least not punishingly difficult. 

You only have one chance to make a first impression, so I think that's what killed it. 
    KyleranMadFrenchie

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

CrazKanuk said:
    ste2000 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    ste2000 said:
    Warframe.
    The game is a blast.

User reviews:

Yeah, but if we acknowledged Warframe as an MMO then we would have to acknowledge Destiny as an MMO, and that simply cannot happen :)
    right!

but we cant compare the feature sets of a private server game with 64 players even though the game rule set is exactly the same to that of an MMO but we CAN do it with The Division because its ubisoft and whatever they suggest is clearly the right line of thinking

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited July 2017
    SEANMCAD said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    ste2000 said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    ste2000 said:
    Warframe.
    The game is a blast.

User reviews:

right!

but we cant compare the feature sets of a private server game with 64 players even though the game rule set is exactly the same to that of an MMO but we CAN do it with The Division because its ubisoft and whatever they suggest is clearly the right line of thinking
    If it makes you feel better I don't consider either of those titles "MMOs" but I hold to an "old school" definition of the acronymn which most no longer support.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

CrazKanuk said:
    ste2000 said:

Of course neither of them is a MMORPG.
    I was only pointing out this site now cover Single Player RPGs, and Warframe surely is closer to a MMORPG than any RPG game, hence it should get better coverage.

By the way Warframe is much better than Destiny in my opinion.

ste2000 said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    ste2000 said:

Of course neither of them is a MMORPG.
    I was only pointing out this site now cover Single Player RPGs, and Warframe surely is closer to a MMORPG than any RPG game, hence it should get better coverage.

By the way Warframe is much better than Destiny in my opinion.

and that is how I took your detailed response I might add.

I dont find drawing a hard firm line between MMOs and non-MMOs really helpful in any context so I got what you were getting at :)

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Factorio.