Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's put this P2W argument to rest once and for all...

postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
Shroud of the Avatar Trusted Traders. Note that the "venerable and trustworthy" Markee Dragon is listed:

Now head on over to Markee's site. Don't click 'Shroud of the Avatar', click 'Shroud of the Avatar Trusted Trader' and behold:

Portalarium ALLOWS Trusted Traders to sell in-game gold AND they get a portion of the proceeds back. 

Just in case you are thinking, "Well, 250K worth of gold isn't much in this game, feast your eyes on the fact that you can buy up to 1 million gold.

At this point, ANYONE who says this game it not P2W needs to be punched in the head in an effort to knock some sense into them.

Oh Richard, how far you've fallen. Do everyone a favor and close up shop in shame...now.

GdemamiblorpykinsPhizbin

Comments

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    There are so many things wrong with this game its hard to focus on just one aspect of RG's fuckery. I wonder how many people will label this is pay to advance faster.
    Phizbin
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    wow. thats jacked up...
    Phizbin
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Honestly, at least here, Shroud of Avatar is one of those games that I rarely see people discussing if it's pay-to-win, likely because it's such a bad game that it's hard to imagine why anyone would even want to pay to win in it.  (and yet, there's always some whales out there...)
    ste2000HatefullPhizbin
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Tiamat64 said:
    Honestly, at least here, Shroud of Avatar is one of those games that I rarely see people discussing if it's pay-to-win, likely because it's such a bad game that it's hard to imagine why anyone would even want to pay to win in it.  (and yet, there's always some whales out there...)
    That's the scary part. There are people who plopped down more than $16K for this game.
    GdemamiPhizbin

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    That's the scary part. There are people who plopped down more than $16K for this game.
    Oh, someone spent their money in a way and amount you do not approve? What a horror...
    AllerleirauhKyleranStrizzy12NildenHatefullAsch126Phizbin
    edited July 2017
    Gdemami said:
    Oh, someone spent their money in a way and amount you do not approve? What a horror...
    What's that I hear off in the distance? The mournful sound of a whale watching his money swirl down the drain?

lulz
    AllerleirauhPhizbin

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Pay to Win....what, exactly? 
    Phizbin

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    spankybus said:
    The privilege of turning off the lights when it finally comes to and end.
    ste2000HatefullMadFrenchieblorpykinsPhizbin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• cyxscyxs Member UncommonPosts: 27
    spankybus said:
    Bragging rights that you spent so much money on a game that never even "launched". You win the wasted money on bad idea with no recourse for it cause you "pre-purchased" it and if they don't deliver you have no real way of getting your money back. You win the I trusted this guy and kept giving him money even tho he showed no real "progress" with the game in 2 years. You win the ability to say I have some of this guys "blood"/"hair"/"toenail clippings" or whatever else you bought.

See lots of things to win.
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    I don't even care if it's P2W.
    Selling Houses and Plots pissed me off right from the get go.

Plus it doesn't really matter, this game is a steaming pile of manure.
    Only a bunch of desperados are playing it.

GdemamiPhizbin

DMKano said:
    The population is so low in this game that it honestly doesnt matter whats in the cash shop at this point.

If players were selling human kidneys in the cash shop hardly anyone would notice.
    Do you not read? This is not the cash shop. This is a third party site. Pay attention.

The point is that Portalarium has allowed a web site to sell in-game gold for real money, which is about P2W as it gets. On top of it, Portalarium takes a percentage of the in-game gold sale. 

I guess it's just another way for them to acquire additional funding hoping no one will notice.
    GdemamiPhizbin

ste2000 said:
    I don't even care if it's P2W.
    Selling Houses and Plots pissed me off right from the get go.

Plus it doesn't really matter, this game is a steaming pile of manure.
    Only a bunch of desperados are playing it.

Well, yes, that is true. 

But it's always nice to catch them in yet another lie.

I wonder if their white knight, @Red_Thomas will show up to defend it.
    Maybe @catnipgames will show up to insult everyone here instead.
    GdemamiPhizbin

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Who F'n cares? It's not like anyone here plays it. 
    HatefullPhizbin

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:
    Kind of like Pantheon, right?

edited July 2017
    Distopia said:
    Kind of like Pantheon, right?
    Eh? Was that supposed to mean something to me?

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    People don't even care to talk about it because they are not interested in playing it probably. I mean we have so many threads about other games that discuss the P2W stuff but this game is not good enough for there to be a debate about it.
    DistopiacheyanePhizbin

kitarad said:
    People don't even care to talk about it because they are not interested in playing it probably. I mean we have so many threads about other games that discuss the P2W stuff but this game is not good enough for there to be a debate about it.
    MMORPG.com should just stop running articles about it then. That would be the best option.
    GdemamiPhizbin

kitarad said:
    MMORPG.com should just stop running articles about it then. That would be the best option.
    Not really, the ensuing back and forth between Red and others, usually gets a lot of views, that alone is probably worth it for MMORPG.com.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Shroud of the Avatar Trusted Traders. Note that the "venerable and trustworthy" Markee Dragon is listed:

Now head on over to Markee's site. Don't click 'Shroud of the Avatar', click 'Shroud of the Avatar Trusted Trader' and behold:

Portalarium ALLOWS Trusted Traders to sell in-game gold AND they get a portion of the proceeds back. 

Just in case you are thinking, "Well, 250K worth of gold isn't much in this game, feast your eyes on the fact that you can buy up to 1 million gold.

At this point, ANYONE who says this game it not P2W needs to be punched in the head in an effort to knock some sense into them.

Oh Richard, how far you've fallen. Do everyone a favor and close up shop in shame...now.

SO RMT in the game is legal?
    Renoaku said:

Apparently.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Well this obviously needs to be derailed.

Who gives a flying rats ass abot Shtoud of the Dumpster

P2W means spending real cash to get an in-game benifit.

This thread should just beat that old P2W definition horse.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Not sure how this is putting the P2W argument to rest....

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This business model is old school and been going around for decades,Rather than try and cater to a large crowd "very hard"just cater to a very small crowd of fanbois that you know you can sell anything to at over the top prices.

There is always going to be a small crowd of people who will p2w and have more money than brains,it is very easy to market a game towards them,just give them lots to spend money on.

First day i saw the cash shop,i was completely out on this game,there was no chance i was ever going to support or play it.

To me cash shop gaming is over the top and i won' support it,KSrs and EA and CF is in the same boat,i'd like to send that boat out into the seas and blow it up with nukes.
    saintriku92Gdemami

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Hatefull said:
    Not sure how this is putting the P2W argument to rest....
    The P2W argument for this game. Port has been denying it for a long time now.

Other games I couldn't care less about. I really haven't played a game that directly allows buying in-game currency for real life dollars, sanctioned by the developers and I hope I never do.
    Gdemami

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Renoaku said:

Have fun, Ren!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/