Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big Changes Coming in 2.0.1 for Patrons, New Players & More - Secret World Legends - MMORPG.com

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    You guys know you can sell the caches to vendors for pretty good cash right?
    MrMelGibson
  • KimoKimo Member UncommonPosts: 62
    edited July 2017

My biggest complaint about SWL is all the damn loot boxes.

Someone at Funcom has played too much Neverwinter (or any PWE game really). Flood the player with loot box's so they get frustrated and/or tempted to finally buy keys to open them. :(
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    Jesus. "Big changes" one week after launch.

By the end of next month they should be releasing the total redesign: SWL Reborn.

KyleranSoulsemmerMrMelGibsonAzaron_Nightblade

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

psiic said:

Derpanged said:

psiic said:

The changes to fusion making it 1000-1500 aurum to do a fusion made me uninstall. I have spent $150 on it already and hope they choke to death on their greed.

What are you talking about? Fusion costs Marks of Favor, not Aurum.

Edit: Removed numerical value of MoF

Check again click the little plus sign on fusion and be prepared to be pissed

I'm pretty sure that it costs only Marks of Favor. As for the plus thingy, yes indeed you can use it to get what you want with Aurum, but generally if you have Marks of Favor I don't see any reason why you would use that option. Even if you don't have enough Marks you ca wait 1-2 days and get them. The plus is basically a little p2w option, though you don't really win anything. You save a bit of time is all.
    Also if you do plan on spending Aurum I'm pretty sure that it might be better to buy Marks of Favor with your Aurum and do the fusion than to pay for the fusion with Aurum. I might be wrong haven't gotten to such a point yet ;P
  • StellaBellaStellaBella Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited July 2017

Didn't read anything about the keys for dungeon loot that basically limit your daily dungeon runs...

I really hope they change that, so that people can run as many dungeon as they want rather than just 2-3 dungeons to use their keys and be done with it for the day.

And where does the favor to use the items from the dungeon come from? Next thing you will be complaining about is all those canisters from dungeons runs in your inventory and no favor to use them. Hell, why don't you tell FunCom to just give you everything you what when you create a character.
  • DerpangedDerpanged Member UncommonPosts: 6
    psiic said:

Derpanged said:

psiic said:

The changes to fusion making it 1000-1500 aurum to do a fusion made me uninstall. I have spent $150 on it already and hope they choke to death on their greed.

That little plus sign is an ALTERNATIVE payment option. You should not use it unless you're filthy rich, because the MoF cost is negligible.

Maybe take a minute next time to actually read and learn what is in your screen before spending 150 dollaridoos and losing your shit in a forum, you're not helping anyone.
    Vahid
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Maybe it's been overlooked, but you can sell the loot boxes for anima shards which you do need.

I've had 2 superior pistols drop that netted me over 100k MoF so the crates have been very good to me. I get a free key every day so I open a few every few days and let the others stack up.

I have no complaints about the crates. My complaints are about chat and some game performance issues. I also think they should have a reference for gear progression. It's not intuitive and you can end up wasting a lot of time doing it wrong simply due to lack of information.  Those are issues I have as a player that detract from the gameplay experience.
    It's not that they exist that is the ridiculous part, it's the sheer quantity that they throw at you that's hilarious in a "we're desperate" kind of way. Yes they can be sold but even a patron who plays casually will easily end-up with 10 of those per day and has one key to use.

Just from a marketing perspective of getting people to want to spend the cash to open them they've opted for quantity over quality: their drop rate is so high that there is no special "Cool, I got one!" enticement to do what you need to do to open it.

That's the part that is way over top, IMO.
    KyleranRidelynnOctagon7711
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Maybe it's been overlooked, but you can sell the loot boxes for anima shards which you do need.

I've had 2 superior pistols drop that netted me over 100k MoF so the crates have been very good to me. I get a free key every day so I open a few every few days and let the others stack up.

I have no complaints about the crates. My complaints are about chat and some game performance issues. I also think they should have a reference for gear progression. It's not intuitive and you can end up wasting a lot of time doing it wrong simply due to lack of information.  Those are issues I have as a player that detract from the gameplay experience.
    It's not that they exist that is the ridiculous part, it's the sheer quantity that they throw at you that's hilarious in a "we're desperate" kind of way. Yes they can be sold but even a patron who plays casually will easily end-up with 10 of those per day and has one key to use.

Just from a marketing perspective of getting people to want to spend the cash to open them they've opted for quantity over quality: their drop rate is so high that there is no special "Cool, I got one!" enticement to do what you need to do to open it.

I feel like you're reaching. First you acknowledge they can be sold for game cash. Then you contrast an irrelevant point with a conjunction. 
    Yes they can be sold, but
    A patron only gets one key.

That's nice, but so what?

Next you assert they've opted for quality over quantity but I think you're wrong. Every one I open I get several very valuable items. There is almost nothing that's junk in them. I even stated than in the (less than 10) boxes I've opened I've made over 100K MoF. That doesn't include the green Mk III AR I'm not selling, the green Mk III chaos focus I'm using, all the xp pills, and the fragments. I have no complaints, as a player, about the quality.

Since there's not a quality issue then it's quantity, but we've already established that they can be sold for a desirable currency. So the quantity isn't an issue either since they stack.

I definitely have an enticement to open them. Every time I open one and I see a blue Mk III weapon I get excited about the drop.

I really think this is a case of "loot boxes are supposed to be bad and we're supposed to not like them and find a bunch of stuff wrong with them so we're going to build the narrative that way" kind of thing. I think you'd have a much stronger case with P2W because it totally is.

They did get me spending cash. I bought a sub, so now they get $13 a month out of me. That's 30 keys, plus all the other bonuses for just $13/mo. That's a great deal in my opinion.
    Not at all. I do think you're contorting too much to find the monetization acceptable.

That the caches create a P2W system is so obvious I didn't think it was worth mentioning. They provide better versions of the things that drop as loot. And that loot, as you well know is needed in this system to upgrade weapons and talismans... which you need to upgrade in oreder to be able to do the harder content.

A one a day key as a patron when the quantity of cache drops is more than 10 times that (even for very casual player) is nowhere near adequate relief from the F2P inconvenience of having the better gear locked away in those caches.

My assassin is level 26 and I have had 1 blue drop in the world. Good loot, other than the occasional 3-dot green just does not drop. You need to get incredibly lucky in the dungeon chests or open a cache.

As things are now the expectation is that you will spend more in addition to the monthly sub in order to be able to get the large quantities of talismans and weapons needed to upgrade just to blue, never mind purple when you need to fuse two blues.

1 cache key per day is ridiculous. I'm amazed that you think that's a great deal.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Dungeon Highlights

Introduced phase 1 of the Elite Dungeon System
    Adjusted the loot table for chests in story dungeons to provide a higher chance of receiving an item over a distillate – Rougly a 50/50 split.
    Significantly increased the rate that rare chests will spawn in story dungeons.
    Rare chests in story dungeons will now give both a distillate and an extraordinary item.
    Players will receive a guaranteed extraordinary item for the first dungeon they complete each day.
    Added glyphs to scenario chests.
    Increased the signet drop rate in lair chests.
    Added XP to the repeatable dungeon missions.

Tip for patron users, dont lvl till 5yh july if you under lvl 50

https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorldLegends/comments/6kosb9/psa_if_you_are_a_patron_and_not_yet_level_50_you/
    Octagon7711

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited July 2017

Didn't read anything about the keys for dungeon loot that basically limit your daily dungeon runs...

I really hope they change that, so that people can run as many dungeon as they want rather than just 2-3 dungeons to use their keys and be done with it for the day.

And where does the favor to use the items from the dungeon come from? Next thing you will be complaining about is all those canisters from dungeons runs in your inventory and no favor to use them. Hell, why don't you tell FunCom to just give you everything you what when you create a character.

Honestly I read twice what you wrote and I can't understand at all what you mean...
    You either didn't understand what I wrote or you COMPLETELY didn't understnd what I wrote. Or maybe you read the first line and every other paragraph and comments after that were irrelevant to you since you were already writing your post that is filled with hate and ignorance...
    Either way just don't be rude to people from now on.
    Also it seems that you don't really know the meaning of the word "complain"... In my case because I didn't know you could buy keys with favor I wrote that because if you couldn't get the keys in anyway that was detrimental for the game and not for me... Worst case scenario if I couldn't get more keys for dungeons I would just do 2-3 dungeons and be done with it. I wouldn't lose from that, Funcom would since when players were done with the dungeons and the few other things they have to do they would go and play another game.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

psiic said:

YOU made the choice to spend the money. Uninstalling was the best decision YOU made.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    edited July 2017
    My biggest complaint is the cooldown timer on repeat missions for non patron players. I can understand it being longer than it is for patron but 3 days compared to 8 hours for patron is a bit much and punishes f2p players.
    Post edited by Hariken on
    [Deleted User]simmihi
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    The graphics are nice btw!

Octagon7711MrMelGibson

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited July 2017
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:
    Iselin said:
    Torval said:

I feel like you're reaching. First you acknowledge they can be sold for game cash. Then you contrast an irrelevant point with a conjunction. 
    Yes they can be sold, but
    A patron only gets one key.

That's nice, but so what?

Next you assert they've opted for quality over quantity but I think you're wrong. Every one I open I get several very valuable items. There is almost nothing that's junk in them. I even stated than in the (less than 10) boxes I've opened I've made over 100K MoF. That doesn't include the green Mk III AR I'm not selling, the green Mk III chaos focus I'm using, all the xp pills, and the fragments. I have no complaints, as a player, about the quality.

Since there's not a quality issue then it's quantity, but we've already established that they can be sold for a desirable currency. So the quantity isn't an issue either since they stack.

I definitely have an enticement to open them. Every time I open one and I see a blue Mk III weapon I get excited about the drop.

I really think this is a case of "loot boxes are supposed to be bad and we're supposed to not like them and find a bunch of stuff wrong with them so we're going to build the narrative that way" kind of thing. I think you'd have a much stronger case with P2W because it totally is.

They did get me spending cash. I bought a sub, so now they get $13 a month out of me. That's 30 keys, plus all the other bonuses for just $13/mo. That's a great deal in my opinion.
    Not at all. I do think you're contorting too much to find the monetization acceptable.

That the caches create a P2W system is so obvious I didn't think it was worth mentioning. They provide better versions of the things that drop as loot. And that loot, as you well know is needed in this system to upgrade weapons and talismans... which you need to upgrade in oreder to be able to do the harder content.

A one a day key as a patron when the quantity of cache drops is more than 10 times that (even for very casual player) is nowhere near adequate relief from the F2P inconvenience of having the better gear locked away in those caches.

My assassin is level 26 and I have had 1 blue drop in the world. Good loot, other than the occasional 3-dot green just does not drop. You need to get incredibly lucky in the dungeon chests or open a cache.

As things are now the expectation is that you will spend more in addition to the monthly sub in order to be able to get the large quantities of talismans and weapons needed to upgrade just to blue, never mind purple when you need to fuse two blues.

1 cache key per day is ridiculous. I'm amazed that you think that's a great deal.
    Some people will overlook much to validate their support of a particular game.

If 10 loot boxes drop when playing, there should be a way to obtain 10 keys in game, also by playing.

Selling boxes to vendors for small change when they might contain valuable loot is not an acceptable option.

Increasing the chance or frequency of good loot from opening the boxes is actually a bad thing as then a player will really feel pressure to get more keys to open more boxes rather than vendor them.

Now buying keys might not be bad if they were fairly cheap, companies do need to make money. So $5 for a 100 keys might be fair but my guess is they cost more.

Also if one is a patron they should get far more than 1 key a day. They really should be able to open most of the boxes they get in a play session, paying extra for keys is abusing cash shop mechanics in the worst way.

postlarval

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Two changes i want to see,quit using the term Patron and issue a free trial,otherwise all the talk in the world is just biased and carries no weight what so ever.

Without backing up your product it all just looks like advertising and if you can't back up your product,it really tells more the truth of your product.
    Excessionk61977

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    edited July 2017

I don't know, maybe I am just the extremely tolerant type but I can never understand how players can complain so much over a game that is provided to them to play for free.  The ability to be able to play a game with the quality story telling, questing missions, and ambiance should be reward enough yet gamers are so entitled now days that they can't help but complain about something given to them for free instead of simply being grateful.  The saying "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" was never so applicable.

In perusing through this thread I am seeing complaints that can be easily overlooked or mitigated. Below listed are a few examples;

1.  Dungeon Key Limit:

True they only "give" you 10 per day if you play the game for free.  However, you can also loot the boxes without keys for 500 MoF.  A player can sell any standard weapon or talisman for an average of around 1000 MoF.  Going through Kingsmouth once over alone can provide a player with dozens of weapons or talismans.  With these one can either sell them for additional MoF or to open a few more chests.  Missions are re-doable.  Need more MoF for the above?  Go back to Kingsmouth or a favorite lower level area and zoom through quests for additional easy drops. Where is the problem?

2.  AH Limitations:

The 10 item limit was temporary to address exploit.  Will be increased once they are comfortable the AH is working as intended.  Where is the problem?

3.  Fusing items:

Can be completed with MoFs.  See No. 1 above.  Where is the problem?

4.  Loot Crates:

Can be sold to vendors for anima shards.  If you are not interested in opening them you should simply consider these vendor fodder.  As vendor fodder anima shards are quite valuable and nothing to be scoffed at.  If you have a key, or want to try your luck then by all means open one up.  If not, then just consider them vendor fodder and get some anima shards.  Where is the problem?

5.  Weapon/Talisman upgrades:

Missions are re-doable.  A patron gets to redo them every eight hours.  After completing a couple of areas, a patron player should be able to replay rush through these areas for easy loot/MoFs/anima shards to satisfy any of the above concerns several times over.  As a free to play player you only get to redo them every three days.  However, after completing a few areas even that should work satisfactorily enough.  

... have I missed anything?

In conclusion people.  Perhaps you should be reminded that you are being allowed to play this game for free!  FOR FREE!  Not only that, but playing the game as a F2P player is extremely viable. The only thing that patrons get over F2P players is convenience and the ability to move through the game faster.  That is it!  That said ... you are getting the complete SWL game, plus every DLC for FREE!  That really shouldn't require an explanation, should it?

SWL is a wonderful game, with arguably the best story telling and missions in the industry.  It is an undeniably quality game.  And you get it all for FREE! ... and you still find reason to complain? 

I just don't get it ...

/shakes head

[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    Kyleran said:

Some people will overlook much to validate their support of a particular game.
    Shroud *cough cough* of the *cough cough* Avatar

But yes, you are absolutely correct.

Once people are duped into thinking a certain game is where the "cool kids" will be, you could give them a pile of dog shit to play with and they'll insist it the "bestest game EVAR"!!!

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    I contacted their "customer service" a week (or more) ago about my account, was supposed to receive a reply within "one business day", nothing and did the puzzle thing that was on this very site, completed that and still have yet to receive any key/response to -that-, there's a smell here I remember from when Anarchy Online first opened... anyone remember that?
  • ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709
    They have stated many times now, that the rewards for the ARG will arrive on the 5th, which is patch day.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

psiic said:

Derpanged said:

psiic said:

Clicking the green + takes you to a purchase page for Imbuers, which allow you to increase from 1 and/or 2 pips, to 3 pips, and catalysts, which allow you to fuse without needed a second max level item.

Completely your choice to buy them, you do not need them at all for Fusion.
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

I don't know, maybe I am just the extremely tolerant type but I can never understand how players can complain so much over a game that is provided to them to play for free. 
    Cool. Send me your address. I've developed a new game called "Sandcastles out of dog shit". It's really fun. You'll love it.

It's free.

'Tolerant' isn't the word you're looking for.

Whatever that word is, I find solace in the fact that it certainly can't be worse than that "word" to describe your kind. 

I'm not the one playing with free dog shit.

Have fun with it.
    One man's shit is another man's treasure.
    postlarvalMaxBacon

Excession said:

I don't know, maybe I am just the extremely tolerant type but I can never understand how players can complain so much over a game that is provided to them to play for free. 
    Cool. Send me your address. I've developed a new game called "Sandcastles out of dog shit". It's really fun. You'll love it.

It's free.

'Tolerant' isn't the word you're looking for.

Whatever that word is, I find solace in the fact that it certainly can't be worse than that "word" to describe your kind. 

I'm not the one playing with free dog shit.

Have fun with it.
    One man's shit is another man's treasure.
    That doesn't make it anything more than shit, however. Some people just have lower standards.
    ExcessionLacedOpium

• TheelyTheely Member UncommonPosts: 430

Thanks for stating this. I was not aware that this game had dungeon keys and now I'll stay away from it since it does.
  • redneckgamerredneckgamer Member UncommonPosts: 52
    man all this bitching over a free game.  sorry , if you hate it so much then don't play, but don't be delusional and think that complaining and putting down the people that are enjoying it is going to change a thing.  name one time that complaining on a MMORPG.com forum has made a dev change their game.
     I've been back and forth on the game, and yes there are things that I prefer from the old game and thing I prefer from the new game but I'm not going to come here and talk shit about someone elses opinion.  I can say this, right now, I'm having more fun than I had before oberall .  that may change over time.  If it does, I can stop playing and play something else.  
    [Deleted User]LacedOpiumAzaron_NightbladeDerpangedAllerleirauhd_20
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    man all this bitching over a free game.  sorry , if you hate it so much then don't play, but don't be delusional and think that complaining and putting down the people that are enjoying it is going to change a thing.  name one time that complaining on a MMORPG.com forum has made a dev change their game.
     I've been back and forth on the game, and yes there are things that I prefer from the old game and thing I prefer from the new game but I'm not going to come here and talk shit about someone elses opinion.  I can say this, right now, I'm having more fun than I had before oberall .  that may change over time.  If it does, I can stop playing and play something else.  
    Some people whine and complain about everything.  Even when that something is free.

They call it having "higher standards."

/laughs
    redneckgamerExcessionpostlarvalAzaron_NightbladeDerpanged