Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's play fresh start! Fallen Gate A Time-Locked Expansion Server Tues, June 27, 2017

B14cKs0LB14cKs0L Member UncommonPosts: 146
Are you ready to relive your epic journey in EverQuest II?
Heed the call of adventure and return to the Isle of Refuge once again on the new Time-Locked Expansion Server!
The Fallen Gate server is scheduled to launch on Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Check it out!

https://www.everquest2.com/news/fallen-gate-tle-time-locked-progression-expansion-server-2017

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 5,519
    My impression with the time locked server was to bring the game back to original.  Last year when I tried it, they created all new zones, the game was on EASY MODE, and a CASH SHOP.

Worst of all, the zones were way too small and shard replicas where you had to constantly teleport to different ones to find people.

Soooooo, my question is how is any of this time locked original ?....Be honest, it sucked ! 

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,823
    edited July 2017
    My impression with the time locked server was to bring the game back to original.  Last year when I tried it, they created all new zones, the game was on EASY MODE, and a CASH SHOP.

Worst of all, the zones were way too small and shard replicas where you had to constantly teleport to different ones to find people.

Soooooo, my question is how is any of this time locked original ?....Be honest, it sucked ! 

It's a content reset on a fresh server. It's not an engine reversion. Some original rules work, some don't. Timelock means that original xpacs open (unlock) on a schedule, possibly contingent on some criteria being met. That's it in a nutshell.
    blueturtle13
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,178
    For a newcomer, would it be best to check this version out of the game, or play on some classic servers?

Playing ATM: Black Desert, Xbox One
    MMO's shelted: Check my mmorpg profile
    KICKSTARTED: Camelot Unchained. (250 USD)

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 18,823
    MikeJezZ said:
    For a newcomer, would it be best to check this version out of the game, or play on some classic servers?

I would roll on both. Find a Live (classic) server and make a home there and then also join the Time Locked server. I suggest this for a couple of reasons.

1. Time locked or special servers don't always unlock the full content. They stop at some point and that's it. Some also have special rules or restrictions.

2. The special servers often provide rewards you can use on the Live (classic) servers.

3. Live servers tend to have a more stable long term community. This is just generally true, but a couple of the special servers have had consistent communities. It will take time playing the game to get a feel for what I'm trying to communicate here. It's a bit difficult to describe.

I don't think it matters which you do first, so if you're itching to check out TLE (time-locked) then do it, just don't forget to make a character on Live as well.
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

• TalemireTalemire Member UncommonPosts: 778
    As an old-school EQ2 player, I may do this.

------------------------------
    MMORPGs are great to look forward to after a hard day of work, but heaven is the ultimate reward for those who live Christ-like.