Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any monster raising games?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey folks, are there any good monster raising or dragon raising games on Steam or otherwise?  Thinking wayyyyy back to Mail Order Monsters on the C64.  Thanks!

Comments

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    PC I mean!
    Nyctelios said:
    "Good" is subjective. There is a Digimon MMO if you like the theme.

There are also some toy boxes on steam, softwares in which you create a bioma and "watch" it grows, like dinosaurs and such. It's fun if you are into it.

Yes!  I should have added dinos.  Monsters, dragons, dinos all would work.  What do I search for on Steam to find these types of games?  What key words?  Thanks!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Riders of Icarus on Steam.  It's all about taming pets and riding them.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited June 2017
    jimmywolf
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

I gotta say, Slime Rancher looks ridiculous and fun.  Overwhelmingly positive out of 8K+ reviews?  That just might be worth checking out, even in EA.
    DMKano said:
    I gotta say, Slime Rancher looks ridiculous and fun.  Overwhelmingly positive out of 8K+ reviews?  That just might be worth checking out, even in EA.

Slime Rancher is actually quite fun - but it's more of a "farming sim" (farming as in raising critters not grinding) IMO - but I play it with my son - he loves it.

That's cool, I have had a lot of fun in Stardew Valley.  Any similarities?
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    edited June 2017
    I'm playing Summoners War right now but I don't think it's on PC.  I'm playing on Android phone and its also for iOS.

On Steam, the closest thing I have is Crazy Plant Shop, Plant Tycoon, and Fish Tycoon.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    Oh, it turns out Disgaea PC 1 and 2 are included in the sale, that's sort of monster raising.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
    Coll, I'll check those out.  Thanks!