Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Indian Female Models & Face Paint Revealed - New Dawn - MMORPG.com

Comments

• Thoth_MosheThoth_Moshe Member UncommonPosts: 240
    edited June 2017
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mayate
    a mostly derrogatory term used by Mexicans or Mexican-Americans referring to a dark skinned person;

https://www.behindthename.com/names/usage/jewish
    MAYA (3)   מַיָּה   f   Hebrew
    Derived from Hebrew מַיִם (mayim) "water".

Given Name MAAYAN
    USAGE: Hebrew
    OTHER SCRIPTS: מַעֲיָן (Hebrew)
    Meaning & History
    Means "spring of water" in Hebrew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Lunas_Decalogue_Stone
    The Los Lunas Decalogue Stone is a large boulder on the side of Hidden Mountain, near Los Lunas, New Mexico, about 35 miles (56 km) south of Albuquerque, that bears a very regular inscription carved into a flat panel.[1] The stone is also known as the Los Lunas Mystery Stone or Commandment Rock. The inscription is interpreted to be an abridged version of the Decalogue or Ten Commandments in a form of Paleo-Hebrew.[2] A letter group representing tetragrammaton YHWH, or "Yahweh," makes three appearances. The stone is controversial in that some claim the inscription is Pre-Columbian, and therefore proof of early Semitic contact with the Americas.[3]

Post edited by Thoth_Moshe on
    Gdemami
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited June 2017
    Never mind, I missed a lot of posts should not have responded.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Kyleran said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Once upon a time, some guy erroneously thought he was in India and thus called all the people he met in the area "Indians".

His name was Christopher Columbus.

To this day, people continue to parrot that mistake.
    If the Cleveland Indians got away with using the name to represent their state in sports i think we can live with this too.

People are too sensitive.
    Well, my post didn't have to do with sensitivity and political correctness so much as having to do with Einstein's statement about the two things that are infinite.
    oh i didn't mean you, i was just saying there are many people out there that get easily offended by anything. I dare think many(if not most) of those people have no idea about Columbus's mistake.
    Turns out the Columbus story is more of a legend than a fact.  There are multiple theories on where the name indian originated from.
    Umm, which part? Because it is not legend that he made it to the Americas at all, how he treated the Indigenous peoples he found there is completely divorced from what (American) School children learn.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    edited June 2017
    Ginaz said:
    Kyleran said:
    Valkyrie said:
    I can't believe they call a native American "Indian". In what dark times does that team live??
    Just so you know, native American isn't a term well liked either.
    They prefer to be called indigenous here in Canada.  The federal government is in the process of removing the term "Indian" officially and using indigenous.
    So what does the term indigenous mean?  When you get down to it, we are all immigrants.  It really means nothing whatsoever.  I find it amusing anyone would even seriously use it.  Why do so many people have problems with direct terms and have to replace them with generic ones?  I personally find the word "indian" far more descriptive and preferable.
    Kootur
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calafia
    Calafia is a fictional warrior queen who ruled over a kingdom of Black women living on the mythical Island of California. The character of Queen Calafia was created by Spanish writer Garci Rodríguez de Montalvo who first introduced her in his popular novel entitled Las sergas de Esplandián (The Adventures of Esplandián), written around 1500.

Related image
    Related image
    https://www.google.com/#q=queen+califia
    Image result for queen califia

http://www.eurweb.com/2015/04/the-history-of-queen-califia-and-the-california-blacks/#
    http://www.eurweb.com/2017/04/history-of-the-california-blacks-nation-califians-khalifians-the-first-americans/
    edited June 2017
    There were cities here larger than london.  The teepee tents and such were used by the migrants

Image result for mayan city

All of this information is covered in college level classes...not sure why we need to have Span 131 here at MMORPG.com...

edited June 2017

America: Being the Latest, and Most Accurate Description of the New World; Containing the Original of the Inhabitants, and the Remarkable Voyages Thither. The Conquest of the Vast Empires of Mexico and Peru, and Other Large Provinces and Territories

$13,500.00

https://www.amazon.com/America-Description-Containing-Inhabitants-Territories/dp/B00460P1DG

https://archive.org/details/americabeinglate00mont

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    edited June 2017
    moshra said:
    Relampago said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    Once upon a time, some guy erroneously thought he was in India and thus called all the people he met in the area "Indians".

If the Cleveland Indians got away with using the name to represent their state in sports i think we can live with this too.

And that makes it right how?
    Freedom of speech makes it right. You don't have to like it, and you can show that you don't like it by not supporting organizations that use such words.  However, making laws to prohibit the use of such words is wrong.   
    Freedom of speech makes it right?  Freedom of speech makes someone's hate speech right?  Freedom of speech makes someone's zany conspiracy theories right?  Legal != right
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Wait they texturized nipples? Nude Indians in-game?
    Xarko
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    MaxBacon said:
    Wait they texturized nipples? Nude Indians in-game?

I'll take that burger with MAX BACOOOOOOOON!  :)
    Xarko[Deleted User]
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352

Valkyrie said:

I can't believe they call a native American "Indian". In what dark times does that team live??

Reality.

Agreed, those are some good looking Indians.

Torval said:

Valkyrie said:

One where disparaging marginalized group is acceptable. Since the moral compass has been broken for quite a while now people have just thrown it out. Ignorance and belligerence are the mode of the day. Civility has taken a back seat.

They are Indians. Get over it.

There were cities here larger than london.  The teepee tents and such were used by the migrants

They were neolitihic.

Relampago said:

Tiamat64 said:

And that makes it right how?

98% of Indians don't have a problem with the name Washington Redskins.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    There certainly are a lot of things we don't know about the ancient world and there have certainly been pre columbian contact between Europe and North America.

Historians thought that the viking sagas depicting Norse settlements in NA was just a sory until the archeologist found L'Anse aux Meadows, a small ship repair point that was clearly Norse. The sagas speak about 3 settlements and there is really no reason to doubt that.

Also, the tobacco and Cocain traces in Egypt mumies is indded true, we have no clue where it came from.

That said, I seen some things from the guy in the top vid, he would fit right in with the "Ancient aliens" crew. And the pyramids in Grand canyon is a bunch of hoghwash, see the show "how the earth was made" to learn how the cliffs look like they do.

It is possible that some ancient Egyptians were in the New world or someone from there visited Egypt but the actual proofs for that are still lacking. Shows like "America Unearthed" and similar always find zillion of things "pre-columbian" just like ancient aliens find tons of "alien" artifacts.

There are hints that there were some kind of ancient trade between Asia and North America but in that case I think it would be likelier that that route would be between Alaska and Siberia but that is of course just a guess and have zero sscientific value, just like these vids.

There is a lot of mysteries in time, like where King Salamos Diamond mines are located (mineral experts do have seen a lot of ancient diamonds not belonging to any known mine), who mined hundreds of tons of copper in ancient Canada and so on but history is not based on wild guesses, we need actual proofs for it.

Smithsonians are clearly rather sceptical but they would not hide things like that because there would be no point, stuff like Egyptian artifacts in NA would increase their visitors a lot. For that matter have they agreed that things like the Clovis first theory is wrong and that homo sapiens clearly left Africa eaarlier then first thought (based among others on finds in Australia).

The whole idea that the government would conspire about ancient things like this is stupid, they have more then enough to cover their own screw ups and paying millions of dollars to cover up something that doesn't affect them besides generating more tourist is insane.

Archeologists and historians are often far too set into things but only religious fanatics would actually hide or destroy evidence and normaly they will change view if they get enough evidence. That is not the case here but it was with the Vikings in new foundland.

Did the vikings ever visit what is the US today? That had never been proven, it is actually very likely (that the explorers would stop when reaching new foundland seems unlikely to me at least). And yes, there is the Kensington rock that has been debated for a long time. The Scandinavian rune experts thinks it is genuine because it uses a very specific kind of calender that only was used by monks in Wisby in the 12th to 15th century and not something the guy they suggest might have forged it would know and I agree but that was the 14th century, long after the vikings.

And yes, the correct term is "Native American", indians lives in India. Amerigo Vespuccias proved that America was not India over 500 years ago so let's not go there. Hopi or Navajo would be even better since they are more precise (they mentioned Hopi but there have been other tribes in the area).
    Kootur
    edited June 2017
    http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2003672914/

Florida. [Engraving from Montanus, Arnoldus. Die unbekante neve welt oder beschreibung des welt-teils Amerika. Amsterdam, J. von Meurs, 1673

Florida Engraving from Montanus Arnoldus Die unbekante neve welt oder beschreibung des welt-teils Amerika Amsterdam J von Meurs 1673

https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47e1-f5cf-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99

Customs and habits of the ancient Natives. 1671

Index

https://digitalcollections.nypl.org/items/510d47e1-f58a-a3d9-e040-e00a18064a99
    Index

Kootur
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Loke666 there is some belief that Egypt was trading with Asian cultures that in turn were trading with American continent cultures.
    http://oldprintshop.com/product/112951?inventoryno=68029&itemno=2
    "A fine map of Paraguay from Montanus' "De Nieuwe en Onbekende Weereld: of Beschryving van America." This map is based on Blaeu’s map of the same title, and extends from Rio de Janiero to the Rio de la Plata basin. The map includes Uruguay, Paraguay, part of northern Argentina, and northern Chili. It is highly detailed with a wealth of topographical detail and an ornate cartouche."

Image result for arnoldus montanus

http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/1671-Original-1st-ed-Arnoldus-Montanus-View-Warrior-Indian-Chief-North-America-/330810716762
    This interesting view of the new world was taken from De nieuwe en onbekende weereld: of Beschryving van America en 't Zuid-land [The New and Unknown World: or Description of America and the Southland] first published in 1671 by Jacob Meurs. Arnoldus Montanus [c1628 – 1683, a well known Dutch Scholar] was its author. It depicted the North and South Americas with many views of natives and cities. It was one of his best-known books and was regarded by many as the standard work on the New World for several decades. Paged 223 [with Dutch text], this view depicted a warrior king of Nieuw Galicien with skull banner.

arnoldus montanus
    https://www.google.com/search?q=arnoldus+montanus&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwit_vqE29_UAhVI8CYKHTqhB2cQ_AUIBigB&biw=1536&bih=755#imgrc=iT94ABx9Ae7trM:

Related image

Related image

Image result for arnoldus montanus

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    Valkyrie said:
    Just so you know, native American isn't a term well liked either.
    Why would it be? If I walked into your home and started calling you native Zhverdnykl would you be happy?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Horusra said:
    Loke666 there is some belief that Egypt was trading with Asian cultures that in turn were trading with American continent cultures.
    Sounds logical to me. Still need to be proven though but not that unlikely.

Pyramids and temples in Grand Canyon that unlike the ones in egypt can't be identified (or even entered) is another matter. I can't prove that they aren't something the Egyptians made but the ball is in the other court here, the vids does not prove anything.

There are far better evidence to support that Irish monks were in North America 1500 years ago (well, we have St Brennans story and the fact that plants he describes are rather spot on), that is still very weak evidence wise but there are at least some which makes it possible but still in need of more evidence. They did sail to Iceland before the Vikings and possibly Greenland at least.

Of course, getting an expert Egyptolog to look on the so called "temples" would solve the thing for good but I don't think that is what the people here are after.

Soon people will claim bigfoot built the Newport tower...

The Egyptian ships were not good enough to travel to the new world. The Phoenicians possible had ships that could do the journey in ancient times (not the same thing at all as that they did but they at least would be more logical here even if no evidence I know of would suggest they did) but not the Egyptians. To my knowledge were most Egyptian ships made for the Nile even though some sailed the red sea and the northern coast.
    OzmodanHatefullKootur
    Khemetians were the true so called Egyptians, Egypt is a European name.  Khemetians had the knowledge

http://www.myoldmaps.com/renaissance-maps-1490-1800/3291-the-miller-atlas-.pdf

The Atlas Miller map depicting natives in south america
    The Atlas Miller map from Portugal depicting natives in South Americas 1519
This discussion has been closed.