Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer Crowdfunding Initiative Begins - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• SunClaireSunClaire Member CommonPosts: 3

SunClaire said:

SunClaire said:

So is this basically all that people on this site do; moan about everything and determining a game's death? It's interesting how most of you just comment about the negatives while being completely oblivious and even ignore anything positive the developers are trying to do.

Hi and welcome to the site!   

Say what you mean and do what you say.   If a company varies from that I will call them on it.  Crowdfunding is based on trust.  Trust is based on keeping your word. You are of course free to excuse them breaking their word a mere 3 weeks after it was given but please don;t lecture those of us who feel differently.  

As for the quoted part,  perhaps it's because one is tangible (they actually broke the Kickstarter Exclusive promise) while the other is nebulous and unproven.  Anyone can SAY they are trying to do X/Y/Z.   If they DELIVER, then they get praise.   This isn't kindergarten where you get an A just for showing up. They just took millions of dollars from the public.

Thank you, nice being here.

Yes, I agree it is based on trust. However, every company is going to have go back, or break some promise at some point. They are not magicians, one can never predict exactly what is going to happen. In this case they realized that they had a lot of potential backers, and outright refusing all these people being able to back at all would just be bad business.

I simply don't believe that a guy who made millions in marketing and who's claim if experience is 20 years of gaming had no idea that they would continue sales after Kickstarter.  This campaign was nothing if not well researched and targeted.  This wasn't a spur of the moment outreach to the hordes of people begging to pay IMHO.  This was calculated from the start and putting a "Kickstarter Exclusive " label on a purchase makes people feel like they will miss out if they don't get in on it.  

I'm also going to say with utter confidence that the store doesn't end with the Summer Sale and that we will see plent if future "Exclusives".   If it were my company I'd never stop sales, but I also would say what I meant and do what I said. I'd be sure not to break my word a mere 3 weeks after the KS ended.

Like I said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if this is yours I completely accept it even if I disagree on certain points. All we can do from now on is just wait and see what they do next. I hope they do well and put their ideas to life, if they do I believe it will become a great game. For now it's just a matter of waiting.
    Slapshot1188
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    SunClaire said:

SunClaire said:

So is this basically all that people on this site do; moan about everything and determining a game's death? It's interesting how most of you just comment about the negatives while being completely oblivious and even ignore anything positive the developers are trying to do.

Hi and welcome to the site!   

Say what you mean and do what you say.   If a company varies from that I will call them on it.  Crowdfunding is based on trust.  Trust is based on keeping your word. You are of course free to excuse them breaking their word a mere 3 weeks after it was given but please don;t lecture those of us who feel differently.  

As for the quoted part,  perhaps it's because one is tangible (they actually broke the Kickstarter Exclusive promise) while the other is nebulous and unproven.  Anyone can SAY they are trying to do X/Y/Z.   If they DELIVER, then they get praise.   This isn't kindergarten where you get an A just for showing up. They just took millions of dollars from the public.

Thank you, nice being here.

Yes, I agree it is based on trust. However, every company is going to have go back, or break some promise at some point. They are not magicians, one can never predict exactly what is going to happen. In this case they realized that they had a lot of potential backers, and outright refusing all these people being able to back at all would just be bad business.

I simply don't believe that a guy who made millions in marketing and who's claim if experience is 20 years of gaming had no idea that they would continue sales after Kickstarter.  This campaign was nothing if not well researched and targeted.  This wasn't a spur of the moment outreach to the hordes of people begging to pay IMHO.  This was calculated from the start and putting a "Kickstarter Exclusive " label on a purchase makes people feel like they will miss out if they don't get in on it.  

I'm also going to say with utter confidence that the store doesn't end with the Summer Sale and that we will see plent if future "Exclusives".   If it were my company I'd never stop sales, but I also would say what I meant and do what I said. I'd be sure not to break my word a mere 3 weeks after the KS ended.

You're right, it does make people think that they're getting something special. However, "Exclusive" doesn't explicitly state that it will never be offered again. Actually, you don't even need to look outside the video game industry for exclusives that aren't really exclusives. There was even a whole exclusive kerfuffle at E3 over Playstation "Exclusives". Now we generally see "timed exclusives" So maybe "Kickstarter Exclusive" Means that it won't be offered in any other Kickstarters, lol. Just another term to add to the dictionary debate list! :) 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    edited June 2017
    Kickstarter Exclusive means it can only be obtained in Kickstarter.  Not even going to entertain a debate on the meaning of Exclusive. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Kickstarter Exclusive means it can only be obtained in Kickstarter.  Not even going to entertain a debate on the meaning of Exclusive. 

Yup, I totally believe that's how you interpreted it. 
    [Deleted User]Kyleran

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• RPGMASTERGAMERRPGMASTERGAMER Member UncommonPosts: 516
    these excluse are write ''summer exclusive''
    get ready for the winter exclusive !! and 2018 exclusive

you know summer and winter are not the same, so they can alway releases a new exclusive sales for milk sucker.
    Slapshot1188
  • EmerfaltEmerfalt Member CommonPosts: 3
    Here's how the team thanks the kickstarters backers :
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/34380/what-is-your-opinion-on-the-add-on-prices-poll/p1

Check the prices of the differents add-ons ! This is theft !
    25 $ for a pet, 20 - 50 $ for a mount skin.

It's time to stop the hype with this scam...