Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Really wanted to play, but already uninstalled

TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
All day I can't make a character on any server that I want to actually be on. I can't even join a queue, just complete lock out. My friends and the guild I wanted to be in are all on either Balmung and Gilgamesh. I understand these are popular servers, but I just went back to WoW since I can't join my friends in FFXIV (so went to join my two friends still playing WoW)...I hopped on one of the top popular servers (Tichondrius), had a short queue and wasn't locked out from making a character.

I am going to call the bank and get my money back, because I spent a lot of money on FFXIV to find out I can't even join my friends on their servers. I did research after, and FFXIV complete hard locks servers for potentially weeks or months at a time (when I read about that, is when I uninstalled and unsubbed). I had no idea this "feature" or "mechanic" even existed in games or I'd have researched it better. I never played an MMO with a hard lock on a server, and even when WoW is being hard hit at expansion launch...all I do is join a queue and wait.

Very disappointed. And sure I can join another server, but my real life friends aren't on those...so there is no point at all. I play MMOs for my friends and the community, not to play by myself like most people do these days.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

Comments

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Could your friends have joined you on your server ?
    Sovrath
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited June 2017
    Dude, this won't even be an issue in a few days.  Are you not familiar with how game and expansion launches work?  They're really going to lock the servers after the initial surge dies down?  That makes no sense.
    MrMelGibsonTaneonForgrimm
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited June 2017
    I didn't ask. That be pretty rude. Why would I be so douchey to force all my friends (which would more likely split them up as I know a few really enjoy the most popular servers in MMOs and only play on the top three most popular servers) to leave their servers? Most MMOs they'd have to pay to transfer too (not sure if FFXIV is the same, maybe its free transfers?), and a lot of my friends aren't very rich and some live in pretty poor countries if transfering costs. Guess they can make a new character, but a few have quite a lot a ton of work on their characters. They have their own friends and groups they do on those servers. I'm not a douche who'd force people to leave all that behind or force them to pay to move lol.

That would be so much time and money lost, and losing all their friends behind that they made. Not to mention that would split them all up like I said, if some decided to move. Not a good solution at all.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Just know if you do a chargeback on this game they will ban your account.
    WraithoneMrMelGibsonMikehawingood
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Dude, this won't even be an issue in a few days.  Are you not familiar with how game and expansion launches work?  They're really going to lock the servers after the initial surge dies down?  That makes no sense.
    Yes. I played WoW WOTLK, Cataclysm and Legion launches. Was never locked out of the server, all I did was wait (in WOTLK) a few hours and then made a character. In Legion launch, I could pretty much make a character after a 1 hour queue. I wasn't hard locked.

I'd investigate this hard lock thing a bit more before I did a chargeback, make sure it's legit...

Here is some hope, maybe:                                                                                                               http://massivelyop.com/2017/06/18/final-fantasy-xiv-team-updates-players-on-congested-worlds-instance-issues/

MrMelGibson
  • KothosesKothoses Member UncommonPosts: 921
    Server transfers are free if they go to a new or preferred world and they get a bunch of perks for doing it, as do you.  I would do that if I were you.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    I didn't ask. That be pretty rude. Why would I be so douchey to force all my friends (which would more likely split them up as I know a few really enjoy the most popular servers in MMOs and only play on the top three most popular servers) to leave their servers? Most MMOs they'd have to pay to transfer too (not sure if FFXIV is the same, maybe its free transfers?), and a lot of my friends aren't very rich and some live in pretty poor countries if transfering costs. Guess they can make a new character, but a few have quite a lot a ton of work on their characters. They have their own friends and groups they do on those servers. I'm not a douche who'd force people to leave all that behind or force them to pay to move lol.

That would be so much time and money lost, and losing all their friends behind that they made. Not to mention that would split them all up like I said, if some decided to move. Not a good solution at all.
    If your friends are into the the game, no reason not to just wait until the launch rush is over which usually doesn't last long with expansions, and just play then. Could just try and play on a low pop server for a bit with a throwaway character until your desired server opens up. 
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    edited June 2017
    SE did announce the server lock-outs of the extremely over populated servers awhile ago and offered free transfers off the ultra populated servers. Since you are new understandable you didn't know, but anyone playing the game surly did and they could of told you. Your friends should of told you this.

Those servers are basically at complete capacity, it was either they lock them or they crash worse then they already are.

As others said your SE account will perma ban if you charge back and they will fight the charge back... since you can technically play the game outside overpopulation good chance they will win.

most likely once the servers balance and launch rush ends the restriction will be lifted but that could be awhile.
    KyleranMrMelGibsonNoxeron
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited June 2017
    Complaining because the expansion was a success.  But then, that's normal here. Would you prefer dead worlds where no one is playing?

So you are on Balmung or Gilgamesh. SE's only been trying to get people off those servers for ever. Players don't want to leave and now there are 4K queues. Well. it sucks. But they also know that within the span of one monthly sub, populations will drop. So, you have 2 choices. Wait a month, or take them up on one of their offers for a free transfer.

You can't have both. You can't have a populated server and not have queues. Which do you want more? Uninstalled? Sounds like a tantrum.
    I decided instead of rage refunding by calling my bank, I'll just let it sit there and I'll occasionally check in and once in a while resub to check if servers aren't locked and I can join my friends. Maybe eventually some of them will move on their own to a less populated server.

Also. I know the two friends in WoW were/are interested in FFXIV. So maybe I can get them to join/try out FFXIV with me. It was only a few months ago and they were super interested in FFXIV, but were too busy in their raid guild. But now that they aren't raiding anymore, maybe they'll give FFXIV a try with me.
    DistopiaMrMelGibson[Deleted User]

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    edited June 2017
    I agree with you @TheSkavenger ;
    Only FF does this server lock, other games with the same problem (WoW new expansion popular server) don't lock servers, this might be better for the existing players, favouring them is fine, but they also chose to play on a popular server. This is just another example of a bad solution to a problem.
    Nyghthowler
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    I didn't ask. That be pretty rude. Why would I be so douchey to force all my friends (which would more likely split them up as I know a few really enjoy the most popular servers in MMOs and only play on the top three most popular servers) to leave their servers? 
    Oh.. my bad. I just made the douche assumption since you chose to post here, whining like a spoiled kid, rather than 1. researching anything before spending money, 2. creating a character on any world and paying to transfer them to any server, or 3. simply not trying to log in during the first few days because all expansions to good games have the same problems.

Not like you are getting in on the ground level. The game is old and you have TONS of content to catch up just in order to play with your "friends". I think the douchey assumption was pretty spot on.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Welcome to expansion day launches. If you played WoW WoD launch then this will be a walk in the park. I'd wait a week or so til things settle down. I think they have a free server transfer to less populated worlds. I don't think it warrants a chargeback personally as "stuff happens" when new expansions are successful.  Good luck either way. Hope it gets sorted.
    DistopiaMrMelGibson

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    And people on these forums always talk about how 'dead' FF14 is...  ;)
    Distopiastarstorm777Azaron_NightbladeMrMelGibson[Deleted User]
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    And people on these forums always talk about how 'dead' FF14 is...  ;)
    Every MMO is "dead" according to some people on this site. And only a return to 2001 gameplay can save the MMO genre. ;)
    MrMelGibsonkallensKilrane

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    edited June 2017
    those two servers are always locked.  if you really want to join them and wait in queue every time you log in (I do it :P), then the only way I know of is to make a character on another server then pay to have it transferred (it's what I did).  They really really don't want any more new characters on these servers because they are soo over full, but if you are desperate, that's the way to do it.

Kyleran
  • tanastiatanastia Member UncommonPosts: 22
    i have found if you keep checking on off peak times , sometimes it comes available to make a character.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2017
    Viper482 said:
    Well they can always open a new account a few years later unless they will ban that one too which is unlikely because  most games aren't like Albion Online banning accounts for no reason, but SE should offer money back in these kind of situations.

They should maybe at least offer compensation for this.
    Kefo
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    I decided instead of rage refunding by calling my bank, I'll just let it sit there and I'll occasionally check in and once in a while resub to check if servers aren't locked and I can join my friends. Maybe eventually some of them will move on their own to a less populated server.

Also. I know the two friends in WoW were/are interested in FFXIV. So maybe I can get them to join/try out FFXIV with me. It was only a few months ago and they were super interested in FFXIV, but were too busy in their raid guild. But now that they aren't raiding anymore, maybe they'll give FFXIV a try with me.
    hey.. someone figured it out!! +1
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Renoaku said:
    Viper482 said:
    Well they can always open a new account a few years later unless they will ban that one too which is unlikely because  most games aren't like Albion Online banning accounts for no reason, but SE should offer money back in these kind of situations.

They didn't ban you for no reason.  You are a cheater and the actual developer posted in your nonsensical, long winded thread that you were caught cheating and buying gold in game.  I don't understand how you still are trying to act innocent about this.  It's cognitive dissonance at it's finest.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Sucks you can't get in the server with your friends.  Like a few have said, if you wait a bit you'll be fine and be able to make a character on that server.  I remember both vanilla launch and HW having similar issues.  During launch I couldn't make a character on the server my friend who bought me the game was on.  I waited till the next day and about 4am I was able to squeeze a character in.  Whether this happens for you or not, I'm sure you won't have too long of a wait.  I would guess a week or so at the most.  

You could also make a character on one of the newer servers and later transfer to your friends server.  It will take a few weeks before you probably make it into SB anyways.  Good luck!
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2017
    Renoaku said:
    Viper482 said:

They didn't ban you for no reason.  You are a cheater and the actual developer posted in your nonsensical, long winded thread that you were caught cheating and buying gold in game.  I don't understand how you still are trying to act innocent about this.  It's cognitive dissonance at it's finest.
    Well still I doubt "Square Enix" would ban a new customer completely if they asked for a refund for a game that is unplayable, they would likely first try to offer some type of compensation like free time, and if not likely just issue a refund for the game, and if not even a Charge Back would get the account banned possibly or like returning the game to the local Game Stop for example, but I don't think they would ban a person from ever coming back unless they commit actual fraud, this being said when a person "Buys a product" or game such as (FFXIV) they are lead to believe they will be able to play the game, if for some reason their software or game doesn't work at all or servers are down they need to seriously fix that...

I mean personally if I purchased a game and couldn't play it online I would always try customer service first, usually they are willing to work with the customers, at least the more Upscale, and professional gaming companies that is such as "Blizzard" I am not sure about Square Enix because I don't really play their games anymore because IMO they lack the knowledge on making the game great anyways tried FFXIV so many times just wasn't my cup of tea due to numerous problems with "Glamour System" and "Housing".

---------------------------------------------------
    As for Albion, I still stand by it their company banned my 3+ year account for simply (Accepting a trade in game that I believed in good faith was legitimate) only thing that wasn't was exchanging currency across two different games which I totally was unaware of, and personally consider it a ban for (No Reason) as my account was in good standing for over (3 years) with no warnings or infractions.

As for Korn, or the developer all they posted is a Log saying "Im Delivery" and possibly the one where I did a second trade with the same person in which did break a rule of trading currency across two different games, but given my account over 3 Years Alpha Testing, and no Infractions, I say the ban for life is just flat out stupid. Nor can this company prove that I purchased currency all they can see is what goes on in The Game and at no point did I agree to purchase currency from anyone just a simple mistake, in which this developer doesn't even have the guts to reply, or even accept the fact it maybe the truth with a warning to Never do such a transaction again, as since I know now trading for outside favors is illegal damn right I would never do that again.

Edit: A good company would never ban without being sure, and even give a customer the benefit of the doubt on any first offense, even Albion asks you to submit evidence to appeal a ban which I did, which they refused to even look at, which really pisses me off as a 3 year backer. And its not honestly my responsibility, to know who I am trading with in game if that person happens to do illegal things How the heck am I supposed to know. The only thing I was ever guilty of is trading for outside favors, nothing more, Nor can this company prove I had knowledge of it which makes them look really bad too.

IMO that is one of the worst MMORPG games, I have ever backed, and personally, I never have known of Square Enix,  or any other company for that matter to ban a user for even buying gold from 3rd parties on the first offense, or banning someone for life for a "Charge Back "because the game didn't work and they decide to try the game again 5 years later for example...

And honestly, I don't expect that other game to make it for long anyways if they don't seriously change the way the game works before launch there will be a lot of Credit-Card Fraud happening within the game, Lots of banned accounts sure, but it will ruin the economy at the very start, and personally I have no faith in this company anymore given what I have seen, and for that matter a company that allows people to sell stolen serial keys https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/54022-Regarding-keys-purchased-from-3rd-party-sites/ because they couldn't even fix it so you purchase it and it applies directly to your own account as someone suggested.

MrMelGibsonKyleran
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Sorry for hijacking thread.
    Yesterday tried to play FF. Yes, as free player. Yes, I do know limitations (lvl.35, some actions not allowed etc). Yes, I could play with limitations at least to have some fun.
    Downloaded client. Created Square enix account. Installed, updated - everything went smooth. Logging: oops, I need one-time password, which is obtainable by some device (~10 EUR) or by installing software to my iOS/Android phone. Alas, i do not have Android phone, mine is with different OS.
    Uninstalled.
    Question: is there any way to bypass "one time password" when logging into game?