Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EDIT: FFXIV Patch 4.0 Notes (FULL) (Stormblood)

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
edited June 2017 in Final Fantasy XIV

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

Patch 4.0 Notes (FULL)

The release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood is right around the corner. As adventurers prepare to begin their adventures anew at the start of Early Access, it gives us great pleasure to release the patch notes for the 4.0 update!

Post edited by Dragnelus on

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Cant wait to try swimming and diving.

Embark on new adventures under water with full freedom of movement and without time limits. 
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

• OhnoozeOhnooze Member UncommonPosts: 33
    This patch is active starting today right?
  • HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282
    edited June 2017
    Ohnooze said:

Friday the 16th at 2am PDT I believe.
  • OhnoozeOhnooze Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Hengist said:
    Ohnooze said:

Hmmm...so is the game down until tomorrow then?  I logged in this morning and it was down but it confirmed my Stormblood ownership and asked me to agree or whatever.
  • KissThaRingKissThaRing Member UncommonPosts: 78

Reading those patch notes makes me wanna play again. I haven't played since August of 2015, so I'm sure I'm way behind, but Samurai looks like a lot of fun and I do have a level 60 character so I think I meet the prerequisite to atleast give it a go.

The grind in this game is unbearable but I do like the actual combat mechanics. Hmm, decisions decisions.

I enjoy undercutting people in the market place - it's the only PvP a crafter gets.

• vtravivtravi Member UncommonPosts: 398
    I just start playing from scratch again. I see that they they got rid of the requirement to level a alternate class to 15 to get your job and the up'd the xp gainer for Main quests. I am not crazy about these changes because I am afraid it will lead to the dumbing down of all pre 60 content. Games have a tendency to do this and make all not lvl cap content a waste of time (ie Lotro, Wow). I hope that is not the case here.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    vtravi said:
    I just start playing from scratch again. I see that they they got rid of the requirement to level a alternate class to 15 to get your job and the up'd the xp gainer for Main quests. I am not crazy about these changes because I am afraid it will lead to the dumbing down of all pre 60 content. Games have a tendency to do this and make all not lvl cap content a waste of time (ie Lotro, Wow). I hope that is not the case here.

That is exactly the case here.  All content is designed with planned obsolescence in a 3-4 month cycle, one of the reasons I don't play anymore.  That and the combat.
    Ohnooze said:
    Hengist said:
    Ohnooze said:

Hmmm...so is the game down until tomorrow then?  I logged in this morning and it was down but it confirmed my Stormblood ownership and asked me to agree or whatever.
    Correct, it'll be back up sometime around or after 2am PST.....down for 24 hours for them to do what they need to do to get ready for the expansion.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    have they said if red mage/samurai will only unlock to the character that reaches lvl 50? or is it like wow(DK) where it unlocks account wide?

It would be a big bummer if its only on the lvl 50 character. I don't make all classes on a single character. I like having character variety for different classes (race/background/name/appearance)

Reading those patch notes makes me wanna play again. I haven't played since August of 2015, so I'm sure I'm way behind, but Samurai looks like a lot of fun and I do have a level 60 character so I think I meet the prerequisite to atleast give it a go.

The grind in this game is unbearable but I do like the actual combat mechanics. Hmm, decisions decisions.

Personally I haven't minded the grind, yet...key word being "yet".

That said, you do have all you need to roll out a Samurai, lol, although the DPS queue is going to probably be quite long with all the new folks rolling them and Red Mages out, at least for a bit. At the very worst, if the grind gets you, you can always use the "leveling" pots to either raise a level, or the pots to skip the story. I know people have mixed feelings, but...if the grind really does bother you, option is there.

vtravi said:
    Not sure why you would expect different, as you've pretty much described Themepark MMO's as a whole. I'd suggest that the MSQ is the reason (good and bad depending on the person) for the early content now, it really exists to tell the story, but the expansions are where the focus will be.
    have they said if red mage/samurai will only unlock to the character that reaches lvl 50? or is it like wow(DK) where it unlocks account wide?

It would be a big bummer if its only on the lvl 50 character. I don't make all classes on a single character. I like having character variety for different classes (race/background/name/appearance)

Sure looks like it'll be handled the same way Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist are done.  
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited June 2017
    vtravi said:

That is exactly the case here.  All content is designed with planned obsolescence in a 3-4 month cycle, one of the reasons I don't play anymore.  That and the combat.

That is flat-out not true!  Due to the Duty roulette system, old content and dungeons keep being relevant.
    New players can continue to join the game, level through the story and still do their dungeons without having to worry about long queue times (well except DPS classes lol).

All the increased XP gains do, is reducing the need to grind in between levels when you have to be one or several levels higher to continue the MSQ. Especially in the lvl1 - 50 range there are big level gaps in the MSQ line. And exactly this is where the XP rewards are being adjusted.

The gear rewards are adjusted each expansion release as well, with the Duty roulette system updated with new tomes rewards for new level cap players, while the lower level players get the old tomes to buy level appropriate gear.

I had been away for about 9 months and catched up the last month or so, leveling from level 45 to 60 and had a total blast! Especially the Heavensward expansion content was absolutely amazing! The main story was amazing! The music scores were amazing! (one of the best ever!). Total blast! Tomorrow I hope to finish 3.5, so I can jump into Stormblood this weekend. :)

As Paladin (Tank) I had instant queues on all dungeons!
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Actually it isnt bad anymore. Levequests you can do up to 100 a day, the Potd you can do which gets great xp in a group and of course the daily bonus for roulette.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Hengist said:

Sure looks like it'll be handled the same way Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist are done.  
    according to the wiki, Dark Knight starts at lvl 30 and doesn't require a base class (pretty much like a wow DK). I hope that's the case with Red Mage. Thanks.

• t7a69t7a69 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    edited June 2017
    Both samurai and red mage start at level 50, you need to have a toon you're going to level it on at least level 50 with one job and have the msq (main scenario quest) done up to level 50 to unlock and play those two jobs.
    Post edited by t7a69 on
    t7a69 said:
    Both samurai and red mage start at level 50, you need to have a toon you're going to level it on at least level 50 with one job and have the msq (main scenario quest) done up to level 50 to unlock and play those two jobs.
    You dont need mainstory quests for rdm just a lvl 50.

confirmed that neither Red Mage nor Samurai will have any story progression requirements whatsoever to unlock; so long as you have a level 50 job and you own the expansion, you’ll be able to unlock the jobs even if you still haven’t finished the 2.0 storyline.

edited June 2017
    Hengist said:

according to the wiki, Dark Knight starts at lvl 30 and doesn't require a base class (pretty much like a wow DK). I hope that's the case with Red Mage. Thanks.
    Problem is you can't choose to start as a Dark Knight, Astrologian or Machinist until you get to Ishgard having completed the first 180 odd main story quests. You can only "add" them to an existing character that is level 50. It's not an account wide unlock, it's specific to the character that meets those requirements. That was kind of a bummer to me, like you I kind of wanted those separately, but I suspect Red Mage and Samurai will be the same.

I could have it wrong, and you just roll a new character and you can do those quests, but I don't think so.
    Nyctelios said:
    Dragnelus said:
    t7a69 said:
    You dont need mainstory quests for rdm just a lvl 50.

confirmed that neither Red Mage nor Samurai will have any story progression requirements whatsoever to unlock; so long as you have a level 50 job and you own the expansion, you’ll be able to unlock the jobs even if you still haven’t finished the 2.0 storyline.

It makes sense. It's not like HVNSWRD is required (storywise) for the new one.

That's because those new jobs NPC's were in Ishgard and you couldn't access this city, unless you were at 3.0 in the MSQ.

The NPC's of Stormblood's new jobs are in Ul'Dah.
    [Deleted User]
    Dragnelus said:

Wow! I see some potentially very nice changes to the Paladin (though depending how quickly you can fill the gauge during boss battles). But will have to try it out in action.
    [Deleted User]

Dragnelus said:
    Yup, I think a lot of people are having that problem. :p
    Que for Raubahn is worse, I gave up.

• KissThaRingKissThaRing Member UncommonPosts: 78

Well, no rush on my end. I'll wait a few weeks and maybe resub, let the initial rush die down and see if they quick patch the inevitable broken things that every xpac comes with at launch, lol. The new zones look super pretty though.

I enjoy undercutting people in the market place - it's the only PvP a crafter gets.