Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The truth that BPG/Rise of Agon doesn't want you to hear

2»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    Papasmerv said:
    In any PvP Centric game competition is fierce.  Now you go and take a PvP Centric game with the history that Darkfall has and have two distinct licensees "rebooting" the game.  It's polarizing from the get-go without any developer shenanigans.  What I've read on that site is 95% collected Reddit and Forum posts with some glue commentary.  Someone out there wants to make sure the community has access to the history of an apparent debacle in the making.  Given how many times as players we've been taken advantage of by less than innocent developers, I say Kudos to the players who are documenting the history of how Big Picture Games is treating it's customer base.
    Remember that for your AoC threads... funny how you inferred that an actual published author there had libeled the company (with truthful statements later proven and you never apologized).  Believe me, that's going to be an actual debacle in the making, of a far larger scale than a fraction of an old failed playerbase.  

Let's be consistent.  Me, I like shining the light in ALL the dark corners... including this one.  The difference is that this was never going to be more than a small cult following.  A few thousand players at best.  I think of it more as just a private Darkfall shard that was authorized by the original company.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GuidoFawkesGuidoFawkes Member CommonPosts: 7
    edited June 2017
    @Sovrath we're not intending our site to be anything other than onesided. As @Papasmerv suggested, it's a central place to keep a tag on the things BPG have been up to/get up to. BPG have their own forums to get their side out.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Still "Dark Fall" is better than "Albion Online" and even if BPG does cover up stuff, so does "Albion Online" the game created by Sandbox Interactive, who chooses to Lie, and Censor / Cover up many Negative Posts about their game in order to try to do damage control, and if you think "Dark Fall Rise OF Agon" was bad with security issues...

Albion Online, has so many security flaws, and is open to much abuse, and fraud which will disrupt the game economy in so many ways, not to mention again the staff who bans a 3+ year backer and doesn't want to take anything seriously to actually fix the game...

So Dark Fall compared to Albion Online, looks way better, the graphics are better, and I played the game over the years was a lot more fun sure the game is dated, but when I take a look at Albion Online development and its being released next month the whole direction the game and company is taking it its a big laugh like when they compare the game models of that game and say "Here is outdated, here is new" Like I can't even tell the difference lol.

At least Dark Fall as a game is a decent one to play until Ashes OF Creation or some other good game comes along.
  • PapasmervPapasmerv Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Remember that for your AoC threads... funny how you inferred that an actual published author there had libeled the company (with truthful statements later proven and you never apologized).  Believe me, that's going to be an actual debacle in the making, of a far larger scale than a fraction of an old failed playerbase.  

I really don't want to derail this thread into discussion about Ashes.  Would you please send me a PM explaining exactly what I should remember, as it's not clear to me what you mean.  Or comment further in that very thread and let me know.  Also, I thought I kept up to date and never saw anything that would demonstrate the author's statements were factual.  If I was wrong, I have no issue apologizing in that thread.  I just never saw anything else from Intrepid, KS or the author on the matter.
    What every dev/pub should stand behind: "We're committed to creating a fair playing field for all players. You cannot gain gameplay advantage by spending real money in [INSERT GAME NAME]."
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    karmath said:
    Lowest common denominator. Looks like someone is just angry and lashing out. Perhaps you should just go enjoy what little you have with your precious DND and stop trying to sabotage ROA. Pretty scummy to say the least.
    To be honest, forumfall, regardless of the DF iteration has always been 70% of the PvP, and when its not, its because of it.
    Haha. I never could stand forumfall. This is a bit different than the usual forumfall though IMO, this is an individual blatantly slandering a company. I mean, just look at the messages he posted under "leaks". They're all public information.
    You guys really need to learn that slander is spoken and libel is written.  Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

And to be libel it would have to be untrue... is it?

Yes it is actually. Nothing was covered up at all. The only thing happening here is @Maejohl was banned from the roa forums for his constant negativity and is now reacting like a child who was called a bad name. He's being silly. He'll say he was being constructive, but fails to realize how passive aggressive he is and can never admit when he's wrong. He's always been a fan of DND and takes any and all opportunity to bash on roa in attempt to get people to leave and join his team. He claims to not be a part of DND, but fails to behave that way.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,381
    Truly...Not a "Care" was given!
    Slapshot1188

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

karmath said:
    Lowest common denominator. Looks like someone is just angry and lashing out. Perhaps you should just go enjoy what little you have with your precious DND and stop trying to sabotage ROA. Pretty scummy to say the least.
    To be honest, forumfall, regardless of the DF iteration has always been 70% of the PvP, and when its not, its because of it.
    Haha. I never could stand forumfall. This is a bit different than the usual forumfall though IMO, this is an individual blatantly slandering a company. I mean, just look at the messages he posted under "leaks". They're all public information.
    You guys really need to learn that slander is spoken and libel is written.  Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

Yes it is actually. Nothing was covered up at all. The only thing happening here is @Maejohl was banned from the roa forums for his constant negativity and is now reacting like a child who was called a bad name. He's being silly. He'll say he was being constructive, but fails to realize how passive aggressive he is and can never admit when he's wrong. He's always been a fan of DND and takes any and all opportunity to bash on roa in attempt to get people to leave and join his team. He claims to not be a part of DND, but fails to behave that way.
    Have you seen the other posts from people asking why BPG is deleting threads on their forums that are critical of the developers or their design decisions; when toxic posts in general aren't moderated?  What about the posts from other people about the dupe issue?  Server restarts?  Source code leaks?

Maejohl may be outspoken on the issue but he's not a sole whistleblower here and you'd be wise to read the source information to see the breath of those reporting concerns.
    What every dev/pub should stand behind: "We're committed to creating a fair playing field for all players. You cannot gain gameplay advantage by spending real money in [INSERT GAME NAME]."
    edited June 2017
    Papasmerv said:
    karmath said:

Have you seen the other posts from people asking why BPG is deleting threads on their forums that are critical of the developers or their design decisions; when toxic posts in general aren't moderated?  What about the posts from other people about the dupe issue?  Server restarts?  Source code leaks?

Maejohl may be outspoken on the issue but he's not a sole whistleblower here and you'd be wise to read the source information to see the breath of those reporting concerns.
    Name a company that allows discussion of exploits, let alone a discussion of said exploits prior to their removal. There's a big difference between discussion something that happened and was resolved and something that was still being worked on. If you look at that source info you mention you'll notice the change in tone once the problems were resolved. Tin foil hats are bad for your health, apparently.
    Papasmerv said:
    karmath said:

Name a company that allows discussion of exploits, let alone a discussion of said exploits prior to their removal. There's a big difference between discussion something that happened and was resolved and something that was still being worked on. If you look at that source info you mention you'll notice the change in tone once the problems were resolved. Tin foil hats are bad for your health, apparently.
    No doubt details about HOW to exploit something need moderation, but just identifying the fact that an exploit exists is fine.  It tells the devs publicly that something is awry and then holds them accountable to respond to it.  Once they tell the community they are investigating and how they plan to keep the community informed, they have the right to consolidate the input/feedback; but outright deleting posts about there being an issue isn't good community management.

This is no different than defect management in consumer products.  Do cover-ups take place?  Yes, and company reputations are based on such community interactions.

Communications management...it's hard.
    edited June 2017
    Right, which is why I say there was no cover up. It was discussed openly once they were able to do so. Maejhol is the only one that is really pressing this issue and it's because he has an agenda. He's trying desperately to discredit roa and bpg while at the same time promoting the other team. It's blatantly obvious. He can't make a single argument against bpg or roa without also shining a positive light on DND. If he spent half the amount of effort promoting his game as he does trying to discredit the one he's apparently afraid of he would not only make a lot more headway, he might also be seen as a decent individual rather than some kid ranting on the internet.

I would have replied directly but I can't stand how stacked up these dated forums tend to get with their quotes.
    Post edited by ChildoftheShadows on
This discussion has been closed.