Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation on the News

SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

blorpykins

Comments

• blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    sandals, lol
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    sandals, lol
    LOL I just saw that :p

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 505
    edited June 2017
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Let's all remind CBS to follow up on the eventual crash and burn of this "game", as well as the tears of its faithful customers.
    [mod edit]

sandals, lol
    Steven is known for his Sandals. He specifically made sure to wear them on TV. lol
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Yup, Steven certainly knows how to market and promote his product.

I'm sure a few chat show hosts will be looking into this "amazing phenomenon" soon...
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    It would be cool if the big bang theory started talking about this game also :P

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Rofl man this guys such a con artist.
  • chyotechyote Member CommonPosts: 12
    I wish people would throw piZZA at me. :p It's super delicious. XD
    [Deleted User]
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,606
    Nice fluffy coverage. Would have been nice if they had shown footage we have not seen. Feed me :P 
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    Xodic said:
    Heh, he said "It seems like people are throwing money at you because you're so good at what you do.".

I was waiting for a response like;
    "Nope, I've never actually made a game before. There's just a bunch of dumb mother!fers in the world."

True he never made a game before, but his team has, so what's your point?
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Ponzini said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Let's all remind CBS to follow up on the eventual crash and burn of this "game", as well as the tears of its faithful customers.
    [mod edit]

Awww...I was too late and missed your tears before the mod edited you. Maybe I'll be quick enough to collect them next time.
    Oh sh!t we've got a real bad ass here...Flaming skulls and all, probably loves metallica.
    [Deleted User]KyleranRexKushmanConstantineMerusPonzini

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Some salty sailers in here. Ashes has a great concept. Too early to tell on whether it will fail or not. Hopefully Sharif is competent in running a business.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    I have to give this guy credit, he ran a really good marketing campaign, but that is his strong suit.  He has no experience in running a gaming company or making games, so that makes this whole project a big question mark. I think it is way too early to get all hyped or to trash it right now. The money is there, the ideas are there, they got some programmers too now, so time will tell if it adds up to a real game or not. I'll reserve judgement and watch from the cheap seats for a year or two.
    SeariasCrazKanukGdemami[Deleted User]
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Distopia said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Ponzini said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    [mod edit]

Awww...I was too late and missed your tears before the mod edited you. Maybe I'll be quick enough to collect them next time.
    Oh sh!t we've got a real bad ass here...Flaming skulls and all, probably loves metallica.
    So what's a bad ass anyways? Is it an ass that has gone bad because maybe it was left outside the fridge? :|
    Distopia
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 505
    edited June 2017
    donger56 said:
    I have to give this guy credit, he ran a really good marketing campaign, but that is his strong suit.  He has no experience in running a gaming company or making games, so that makes this whole project a big question mark. I think it is way too early to get all hyped or to trash it right now. The money is there, the ideas are there, they got some programmers too now, so time will tell if it adds up to a real game or not. I'll reserve judgement and watch from the cheap seats for a year or two.
    How many investors usually have experience making a game? Steven is the money guy. He has developers who have done this before that know what can and cannot be done. It's not like hes trying to develop the game in any way.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited June 2017
    I expect Ashes OF Creation to do better than some other games I know I kinda wanted to back Idenity Online too but im unsure about it although it has a good concept I am not sure about it.

Think "Ashes OF Creation" will be better than Albion Online?

Come to think of it I don't think I have seen many Indie games or games for that matter besides maybe World OF Warcraft that actually show inside the studio, or in-depth videos of the creation of a game and such like "Ashes OF Creation".
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Distopia said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Ponzini said:
    OG_Zorvan said:
    [mod edit]

So what's a bad ass anyways? Is it an ass that has gone bad because maybe it was left outside the fridge? :|
    It's an ass that drives a Trans Am.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson