Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Loot System, Enough To Keep You Away?

BeyornBeyorn Member UncommonPosts: 366

I have been away for some time and I was thinking about reactivating my account.  The new loot boxes however give me a little trepidation.  Do you all that play have a problem with them or can you gear up and just ignore the boxes?

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Can't be any worse than STO.
  • Hexag0nHexag0n Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I assume you're referring to the Galactic Command Crates.  Once you hit level cap [now 70] you begin to earn "Command XP" which replaces your standard XP bar.  Every time you level up your "Galactic Command Level" you earn a crate.  The crates contain cosmetic armor pieces/sets, mounts, pets, decorations, etc.  They also give you command tokens which you use to buy endgame gear.  The tokens are required to purchase endgame gear.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    They also have put loot drops back into operations.  So you can still gear up with your guild or w/e like before.  Now you basically have the crates, command tokens and loot drops in operations.  Personally,  the crates are ok to me.  But I hope they do something different in the next expansion. 
    Hexag0n