Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Launch Day Announced for June 21st - MXM: Master X Master - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageLaunch Day Announced for June 21st - MXM: Master X Master - MMORPG.com

MXM: Master X Master News - NCSoft has announced that Master X Master, or MXM, will be officially launching on June 21st. The team has taken feedback from the closed beta test in order to make some changes to the game prior to the release of the game in the coming weeks. To celebrate the big news, players can check out a brand new trailer.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Very fun game, hope that the title enjoys success ;)
  • kryntokkryntok Member UncommonPosts: 77
    It looks fun, I didnt get to try the betas, but ill keep my eye out for it.
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    So this is a LoL clone correct?
    Might give it a try. Looks fun, but then again it looks like a complete copy of LoL, so I guess it's normal to look decent at least.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Might give it a try. Looks fun, but then again it looks like a complete copy of LoL, so I guess it's normal to look decent at least.
    It has pve modes, pvp modes, and a "moba" mode.

I wouldn't say a complete copy of LoL but I know people as usual like to claim the copy thing.

Bloodaxes said:

I wouldn't say a complete copy of LoL but I know people as usual like to claim the copy thing.

Well I haven't played, so what I said is purely my opinion, but if someone saw a gameplay vidoe of the moba mode and wasn't paying attention it could easily be mistaken for LoL because the game is literal copy.

Now there might be a lot of difference, but at first glance the graphics(although lacking compared to LoL) are the same, the few spells I saw in the 10 seconds I was looking over a video were practically the same. Even the movement of the characters feel the same.

Btw I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I haven't played LoL for over 3 maybe 4 years now, but I'll probably try this out. I don't mind copying as long as it's done good :)
  • Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Bloodaxes said:

I mean you use wasd to move and aim with your mouse, you click to move in league.  There's also an emphasis on deathmatch arena type gameplay and pve content.  I haven't played since the early alpha tests, but the moba mode seemed like an afterthought if I remember correctly.  Maybe that has changed in more recent updates?
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Jonnyp2 said:
    Bloodaxes said:

I mean you use wasd to move and aim with your mouse, you click to move in league.  There's also an emphasis on deathmatch arena type gameplay and pve content.  I haven't played since the early alpha tests, but the moba mode seemed like an afterthought if I remember correctly.  Maybe that has changed in more recent updates?
    I personally haven't tried it yet, just watch gameplay videos.

Being able to move with wasd is already a + for me. Let alone having actual pve modes to reduce the monotony of doing the same thing over and over.

• itsoveritsover Member UncommonPosts: 353
    This remind me of destiny . Every body appear in same loby and make party and going their own zone . Similar to guild wars 1 too

Jonnyp2 said:

Bloodaxes said:

OHHH you move with wasd... ok that piqued my interested.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited June 2017
    It's more of a twin stick shooter with a full PvE mode, a team deathmatch arena, and a "traditional" moba mode which is anything but traditional. 

Its moba format could be ungenerously described as Heroes of the Storm on crack. But it's much more than that. It combines base destruction with a score-based secondary win condition that sets a sort of time limit on matches. In addition to an automatic victory if either team achieves a high point total, every time a set interval was hit by a team (this was 100 points when I played), a boss is summoned to aid that team. A wide variety of pve objectives summon bosses to push lanes. Players have the ability to turn into bosses themselves by collecting enough of an item that drops on death. In addition, each player chooses two customizable heroes and swaps between them Marvel vs. Capcom style. Each hero has ability slots that let you select which abilities to take, as well as modifiers for each ability.

Also, the game uses WASD movement, which, while somewhat limiting to mapwide camera control, feels immensely better than mouse movement.
    Post edited by Aeander on
    Xingbairong
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited June 2017
    Holy #!$% I wasn't expecting such a high quality trailer like that when I clicked it.
  • edujamedujam Member UncommonPosts: 12
    I hope it fails miserably so maybe ncsoft bankrupt and sells city of heroes ip. I won't touch anything from this company ever again.
    WalperDakeru
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited June 2017
    I don't think these types of games need a huge investment so I might check this out seeing as it is WASD and not  click to move. I hate click to move and one of the reasons I could not get into both Lineage and these MOBAs.

That trailer was good!

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Looking forward to trying it out!