Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online now has over 28K players on STEAM

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    p2p no afk?!

FFXIV

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    edited June 2017
    DMKano said:
    Recore said:
    Black Desert just broke its All Time Peak Record.  :) 

More players on STEAM right now playing Black Desert than Final Fantasy XIV or Elder Scrolls Online. 

It's doing great.

What has a lot to do with this is the steam sale:

Also many other MMOs on Steam can be played without steam via their own launchers  - BDO cannot - if you bought BDO from steam - you MUST launch it via steam.

You always have to find something negative to say about BDO.
    Why don't you give it a rest?

Oh shit.....there is a $ 2 MASSIVE discount, surely that's why the game is so popular.
    What about those other MMOs which are free to play on Steam.
    According to your theory Archeage should do even better than BDO (which is #26 on the 100 List).
    Now, let's check where Archeage is on that list...ops, it is not even in the first 100 List, how come?

Mikeha

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited June 2017
    Another all time record today!  

Hatefull
    edited June 2017
    DMKano said:
    ste2000 said:

How many of those "playing" are actually AFK?
    100%
    And your point is?
    Most people goes AFK when they go to work or when they sleep, but they do play the game every day for many hours as well, so it would have 23K daily players even if AFK wasn't available.

I really don't get what are you trying to prove.
    For someone who says he plays the game, you sure seems to have an awful amount of issues with BDO.
    Every time there is a BDO discussion, your nitpicking goes into overdrive.

I stopped playing BDO because I have huge PvE issues with it.
    Yet I feel the need to defend this game because in my view it is attacked unfairly left and right, and for the wrong reasons.
    I feel people try to create drama over nothing.

BDO is not a masterpiece, but in my opinion it is genuinely one of the best MMOs of the last 10 years (and I played everything since UO), if not the best.
    It's design its refreshing, except for its retarded end game PvE, and its CS is nowhere near as bad as people think it is.

DistopiaJeleenaMrMelGibson

• rena_ryugurena_ryugu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    edited June 2017
    Dragnelus said:
    p2p no afk?!

FFXIV

Few more Dranelus, few more.. :)

all-time peak

edit

gg

all-time peak

all afk i guess

Post edited by rena_ryugu on
    MikehaAzaron_Nightblade
  • AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    I wanted to try this game I really do. I even gave them my money but the damn game just wont go pass the launcher! LOL and support for this game is like a 1/10. but figures. It's b2P and a at cheap price. Must be trying to pull in as many as much as possible before it hits bottom. Happy for those who it works for flawlessly though. It seems it could be a fun game.
    Try turning off your virus and firewall stuff, then see if it works, if it does then you need to white list it.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    DMKano said:
    When the game was down for maintenance - all servers off - it showed 6006 players as "playing"

How is that possible? Yep AFK players
    Game Launchers.

It's a well-known thing within MMO's and their launchers that steam counts them as online if you are in the launcher, it's the case in many of them as people could tell. When FF XIV was down they also showed 4-6k players online.
    sumdumguy1
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    MaxBacon said:
    DMKano said:
    When the game was down for maintenance - all servers off - it showed 6006 players as "playing"

Game Launchers.

It's a well-known thing within MMO's and their launchers that steam counts them as online if you are in the launcher, it's the case in many of them as people could tell. When FF XIV was down they also showed 4-6k players online.
    Any proof to your claim?  I'd like clarification before I take you on your word.  No offense.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Dragnelus said:
    p2p no afk?!

FFXIV

all-time peak

edit

gg

all-time peak

all afk i guess

haha idd :)

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    It's a good game. I liked the node system and life skills.
    I disliked the theme and the ridiculous grinding though.
    I've tried three times to get into it and after a few days I just stop playing.

It's a good game though.
    free2playMrMelGibson

..Cake..

MaxBacon said:
    DMKano said:

Game Launchers.

Any proof to your claim?  I'd like clarification before I take you on your word.  No offense.
    steam chart, for example jun 21 during maintenance, still 4k players online
    http://steamcharts.com/app/39210
    sumdumguy1MrMelGibson
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    It's not surprising the game is doing well on Steam.  It's different than most Steam games and incredibly cheap.  Also, the insidious monetization model is not obvious.  There are many here that have played the game for a long time and still don't realize how bad it is.
    sumdumguy1
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    It's not surprising the game is doing well on Steam.  It's different than most Steam games and incredibly cheap.  Also, the insidious monetization model is not obvious.  There are many here that have played the game for a long time and still don't realize how bad it is.
    Law #3 Conceal your true intentions

From the 48 Laws of Power.  

;)
    HatefullAzaron_NightbladeholdenhamletMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    MaxBacon said:
    DMKano said:

Game Launchers.

steam chart, for example jun 21 during maintenance, still 4k players online
    http://steamcharts.com/app/39210
    I have heard this from many people who play the game.  They just AFK.  A few people I know are AFK in this game and playing another.  Its easy to see how the numbers can be deceiving.  While I think the game is average at best, I do hope those who play it are enjoying it.  
    DMKano said:
    ste2000 said:

The reality is this - there are 24K players logged into BDO - there are probably only about 15K-18K actually "playing"
    I don't believe your estimates are correct, just wild speculation.
    When I was playing BDO I left my PC on 24/7 (I know it's bad), but I also played at least few hours a day every day.
    The vast majority of AFK people (99%) who play BDO are exactly like me.
    Even if AFK was not available, I and the other players would still have played those few hours a day anyway, so the daily number of player would still have been exactly the same.
    Am I correct?

There are 24K players AFK, but those 24K players also actively play the game for at least few hours a day, that's the reality.
    So Steam numbers are correct in my opinion.

HatefullAzaron_Nightblade

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    7 days to die. Just one randomly I picked, if anyone would like to see another example I have about 10

User reviews:
    RECENT:
    Very Positive (1,037 reviews)
    OVERALL:
    Very Positive (35,432 reviews)

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    DMKano said:
    ste2000 said:
    DMKano said:
    Recore said:
    Black Desert just broke its All Time Peak Record.  :) 

More players on STEAM right now playing Black Desert than Final Fantasy XIV or Elder Scrolls Online. 

It's doing great.

What has a lot to do with this is the steam sale:

Also many other MMOs on Steam can be played without steam via their own launchers  - BDO cannot - if you bought BDO from steam - you MUST launch it via steam.

You always have to find something negative to say about BDO.
    Why don't you give it a rest?

Oh shit.....there is a $ 2 MASSIVE discount, surely that's why the game is so popular.
    What about those other MMOs which are free to play on Steam.
    According to your theory Archeage should do even better than BDO (which is #26 on the 100 List).
    Now, let's check where Archeage is on that list...ops, it is not even in the first 100 List, how come?

How many of those "playing" are actually AFK?

Also why are you bringing other games into this - this is relevant how?

You can play ESO, AA and other MMORPGs without logging in through steam even if you obtained the game via steam.

BDO forces steam players to launch it via steam, it also just launched on steam - and you want to comapare this to 2-3 year old games that players can play without steam?

Really?
    You brought other games into it when you mentioned the sale and how you could play other games. You set the metric, don't get offended when it gets thrown back at you.

You also claimed the sale was the the only reason it was doing well. That implies the reason it is doing so well is that it is cheaper now, which one could logically conclude that if your claim is correct (which it isn't) that a free to play game, any of them, would be doing better. His statement is a direct refute of your (as usual) wild conjecture about the sale is the reason BDO is doing so well.

That is why other games are relevant, YOU brought them into it.
    ste2000Azaron_Nightblade

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Dragnelus said:
    p2p no afk?!

FFXIV

all-time peak

edit

gg

all-time peak

all afk i guess

check this out!

7 days to Die:
    Peak concurrent players yesterday: 21,860
    players in the last 2 weeks: 292,424 

User reviews:
    RECENT:
    Very Positive (1,038 reviews)
    OVERALL:

An indie game in early access with nearly zero advertising and not remotely as popular as Rust or Ark

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Good for them. I believe this is also because of this .. streamer who I saw in the last several days ( at least ) , that he's playing BDO and which have 10k+ viewers on twitch everytime. 

Seeing how people are talking about BDO , it's kinda making me to try the game out , as I enjoy mob grinding ( blame it to the .. Lineage 2 :) ) .

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• InMediahInMediah Member CommonPosts: 4

WorldOfWarcraft is actually more pay2win than BlackdesertOnline.

Why? WoW costs ~40euro for the game and 10euro~ a month to be played. On top of this you can buy WoWmarks for ~20euro which u can trade ingame to a value like ~60kgold.

For the average(maybe even on top) players 60k~ gold take like 1day to be grinded.

Additionally to that, you can buy mounts and pets for 10-20euro.

In Blackdesert you pay 10euro for the game. No monthly fee.

You can buy costumes for ~20euro and sell them for ~20mil silver.

29 mil silver takes the average(maybe even top) player like 2-3 hours to grind.

---------------

Under the line WoW is pay2play and pay2win mutch MORE than BDO.

I didnt mistake anywhere, did i? prove me wrong BDO haters, who gives a fck.

Azaron_NightbladeholdenhamletMrMelGibson
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    IceAge said:
    Good for them. I believe this is also because of this .. streamer who I saw in the last several days ( at least ) , that he's playing BDO and which have 10k+ viewers on twitch everytime. 

Seeing how people are talking about BDO , it's kinda making me to try the game out , as I enjoy mob grinding ( blame it to the .. Lineage 2 :) ) .

Now there's a figure I have a hard time believing, that 10K people would watch someone play a MMO, any MMO not just BDO.

Wait, maybe they are all AFK? ;)
    ste2000MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited June 2017
    IceAge said:

Honestly if you like mob grinding BDO is your game.
    It actually reminds me of Diablo, it has a strong Hack'n Slash feel to it, it's one of those few MMOs where grinding mobs it's actually fun.

SEANMCAD said:
    Dragnelus said:
    p2p no afk?!

FFXIV

all-time peak

edit

gg

all-time peak

all afk i guess

check this out!

7 days to Die:

User reviews:
    RECENT:
    OVERALL:

An indie game in early access with nearly zero advertising and not remotely as popular as Rust or Ark
    7 days to die born on steam, that's all so...at release bdo devs said +100k concurrent players, and it was when the game wasn't popular :smile:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Dragnelus said:
    p2p no afk?!

FFXIV

all-time peak

edit

gg

all-time peak

all afk i guess

check this out!

7 days to Die:

User reviews:
    RECENT:
    OVERALL:

7 days to die born on steam, that's all so...at release bdo devs said +100k concurrent players, and it was when the game wasn't popular :smile:
    I keep having to explain this to peopole and dont understand why its not implictity understood.

7 days to die is an early access, indie game with nearly zero advertising. BDO is a hugely marketed mega game.

given that difference the margin of error is HUGE...a small time early access titles that is an indie game made by a bunch of guys who could not get funding from anyone which has nearly zero adverftising should not be able to come remotely close to BDO in numbers.

having said that, the point of my post was he posted some numbers that looked intresting so what I did was to go and look out of curiousity, those numbers he posted appear to not be that impressive given the small title I just provided

SEANMCAD said:
    SEANMCAD said:
    Dragnelus said:
    p2p no afk?!

FFXIV

all-time peak

edit

gg

all-time peak

all afk i guess

check this out!

7 days to Die:

User reviews:
    RECENT:
    OVERALL:

I keep having to explain this to peopole and dont understand why its not implictity understood.

7 days to die is an early access, indie game with nearly zero advertising. BDO is a hugely marketed mega game.

given that difference the margin of error is HUGE...a small time early access titles that is an indie game made by a bunch of guys who could not get funding from anyone which has nearly zero adverftising should not be able to come remotely close to BDO in numbers.

having said that, the point of my post was he posted some numbers that looked intresting so what I did was to go and look out of curiousity, those numbers he posted appear to not be that impressive given the small title I just provided
    And BDO has been released + 1year ago and who wanted to buy it, already done so, steam numbers is just a plus to a packed already game :smile: while 7 days to die is.. "that's all" :) i'm just showing you this.