Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So cheap I am going to try it...

DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
At under £5 on Steam for the game I'm going to try the game, if only to see if Korean games have improved at all over the years.  I still expect it to look like the offspring of a disco glitterball and a pinball machine, said lovechild then being shat through a rainbow at high speed before crash-landing, but you never know.  Hopefully they won't have underage-looking girls in lingerie and androgynous young men leaning forwards as they run, weapon trailing behind them... 

...but maybe my expectations are unfounded.  This time.  :D
Azaron_Nightblade

Comments

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Went for the Explorer pack, since £22 is so cheap, but will have to download another day as I am playing another MMORPG on my day off.  Fingers crossed...  I really hope to like this game.
  • MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Been looking at streams often on twitch, never pulled the trigger, this price has me even more curious. Not sure if i should just get the base game or one of the packages.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited May 2017
    Moodsor said:
    Been looking at streams often on twitch, never pulled the trigger, this price has me even more curious. Not sure if i should just get the base game or one of the packages.
    You can give it a try first. I'll toss some trial keys up.

JH5UOOB-N6QEHK1-SE48083-0NGHE
    UTME55I-4VFO6KK-3AG4CKL-RHV85
    1CVF166-0UKCM3F-LGSKI8S-DG613
    QNMOUJN-OO9ASTF-4UC77MV-J62RS
    C9R2U25-U5QMRAO-JC5AAN9-8F2S8
    JST8SIH-EHISE14-2TTNMB4-EDE5Q
    6PD4Q05-8H2NFDV-LKCFUDE-R06QI
    G4NLAV2-4G3CLJR-NKVATUL-04JNC
    3N14DL0-2D4GQ5U-C04GKB4-IA4E
    NGLGHQV-8OHOTDM-KA49I6D-DREQB

There. Enough for anyone that wants one before buying.
    observerbartoni33

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    You could've tried the 7-day trial.  https://www.blackdesertonline.com/tryforfree

The style is also different than your typical asian game like BnS, Tera, or Aion.  If i had to make a comparison, i would say it's more similar to GW2, in terms of armor design.  There isn't any loli race similar to Elin or Lyn either, so you won't have to worry about that.  Some armor and outfits are scantily clad though, but it's really not that bad.  There's also the silly costumes, such as the fish one, but it's not overly annoying as in other games.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    observer said:
    You could've tried the 7-day trial.  https://www.blackdesertonline.com/tryforfree

The style is also different than your typical asian game like BnS, Tera, or Aion.  If i had to make a comparison, i would say it's more similar to GW2, in terms of armor design.  There isn't any loli race similar to Elin or Lyn either, so you won't have to worry about that.  Some armor and outfits are scantily clad though, but it's really not that bad.  There's also the silly costumes, such as the fish one, but it's not overly annoying as in other games.
    Fish costumes, silly ?

well yeah, i guess it is a bit :p
    observer
  • sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Dude.. you HAVE to try the new class,  Striker!  

All I'm sayin..
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    It's a good game buy,buy ,buy it.
    Draemos

observer said:
    You could've tried the 7-day trial...
    Yep, but for the price of a decent takeout I couldn't grumble about paying for the game.  It's not a lot of money really.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Unless you are into quest themeparks its the best game out. 
    GdemamiDraemos
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Recore said:
    Unless you are into quest themeparks its the best game out..............IMO

Fixed
    kertinViper482DraemosMadFrenchie
    Scorchien said:
    Recore said:

Fixed

kertinDraemosMadFrenchie
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Recore said:
    Scorchien said:
    Recore said:

Fixed

lmfao .....wrong again ................ good effort tho ..
    I'll get around to playing it over the weekend maybe. I'll try a few class types out to see which one I like and go with that for a while.
  • GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I bought it also because it was so cheap.  But, honestly, I'm impressed.  It's a very nice game and seems to have A LOT of depth that I haven't even touched yet.  I'm opptimistic about my next few months now thanks to this game.
    [Deleted User]Azaron_Nightblade
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Scorchien said:
    Recore said:
    Scorchien said:
    Recore said:

Fixed

lmfao .....wrong again ................ good effort tho ..
    Correct. That is clearly sodium chloride.

Fake news.
    MadFrenchie

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Tryed steam game 40 minute before refunded. dint liked combat, no floating numbers in combat and was barely able see enemys (beetles) in forest for quest. a lot fps issues too...
    RawkiPhryguizicaMoodsorobserver
    Rhoklaw said:
    BDO is fun so long as you enjoy PvP, everywhere you go. If you don't like that, I suggest you don't complete the quest to turn level 50.
    Outside of the popular grind zones, PvP is actually pretty damn rare. The occasional attack while you're traveling along some random road DOES happen, but those instances are the exception, not the rule. It's been a few weeks at this point since I was randomly attacked somewhere that wasn't a grinding area. The karma system does its job at making the game uninteresting for the average ganker.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

No floating numbers?  :D
    guizica
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    It's too easy even with alot of button presses and on my striker all I literally did was use the one skill to get to 60 as I kept 1-2 hitting everything over and over again. Has some few good ideas in there such as node linking etc but the annoying market spam text constantly flashing in the middle of your screen is really annoying to me.

When your away from the game try raising your str or breath it's usefull. I didn't afk fish for money because for some reason I kept getting 1mil mailed to me from fame fund and it eventually added up to me being able to afford any +15 I wanted. (20mil+ per item) I think it was bugged or working as intended I don't know. Anyways if you can put up with the annoying aspects of the game it's actually not too bad other than the extremely easy difficulty level.
    Gdemami

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    The game is fantastic what killed it for me was the stupid RNG, i can only put up with rng for so long...
    Viper482guizica
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    I got dozens of awesome hours out of this game, in the end it can become a 2nd job. When I start feeling like I HAVE to login daily it no longer resembles a game to me.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 532
    edited May 2017
    The blind love a lot of people have for this game is very odd to me.

I gave it a good try ( got to level 39 )  and found it lacking in a lot of places. 

1) Poor translations.
    2) Weak story.
    3) Weak quests WITH auto walking (snooze-fest).
    4) The voice acting was god awful.
    5) New player? No tutorials. Need to go to the forums to get a good idea on what you should be doing with it's trading system.
    6) PvP Everywhere at level 50 ( I guess this is a plus for some people ) .
    7) *important one* Jean Luc Pecard stated that a guy who had performance issues in this thread must have a shitty computer. That's a lie. This game is so poorly optimized, I'm not sure how anyone could defend it. Hell, I have an i7-7600 with a GTX 1080 and 16 GBs of 3000mhz ram and I can barely get 50-60 FPS. It also seems to be a known issue on their forums.

Common guys I get fanboi-ism but this is just getting ridiculous. You need to have some standards. 
    [Deleted User]observerDraemos
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    After exactly 12 restarts with the correct boxes unticked I could turn the notifications off and then the server restarted and they appeared again.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I bought it finally. Why not. I bought Arma III awhile ago and havent played it yet. I buy a few 'good' games when they hit rock bottom in price. All done with buying at release or early access. Unless EA comes at a rock bottom price too.

No sense to get games early that die off.
    Aori said:
    Akulas said:
    It's too easy even with alot of button presses and on my striker all I literally did was use the one skill to get to 60 as I kept 1-2 hitting everything over and over again. Has some few good ideas in there such as node linking etc but the annoying market spam text constantly flashing in the middle of your screen is really annoying to me.

When your away from the game try raising your str or breath it's usefull. I didn't afk fish for money because for some reason I kept getting 1mil mailed to me from fame fund and it eventually added up to me being able to afford any +15 I wanted. (20mil+ per item) I think it was bugged or working as intended I don't know. Anyways if you can put up with the annoying aspects of the game it's actually not too bad other than the extremely easy difficulty level.
    You can turn off the pop up notifications heh.

The rest of your story doesn't make sense to me but whatever.
    Most of it sounds made up. Based on what he's heard from people who are level 60. Level 60 is a looooong grind, and I find it very hard to believe that someone that doesn't even understand how house fame works would've done it easy peasy, as he wants us to believe.

Note that he also talks about +15 gear as if it's still a big deal.