Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How important will crafting be ?

ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
I love deep pervasive crafting. Do we have any details on how important it will be ?

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    About as important as it is in every other game...not very.

I dont know of a single MMO currently where CRAFTED items (the actual end of the process product) has a higher value than its parts. Which means in every MMO crafting is useless.

GATHERING on the other hand is OK. But gathering isnt crafting. Despite what people think.
  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    rodarin said:

I dont know of a single MMO currently where CRAFTED items (the actual end of the process product) has a higher value than its parts. Which means in every MMO crafting is useless.

GATHERING on the other hand is OK. But gathering isnt crafting. Despite what people think.
    Uhh, what? It seems to be a major focus of this game. Local markets, resources having significant weight, resources only being located in certain parts of the world, caravans being needed to deliver goods between cities, etc. Not to mention in PvP they can loot/steal any crafting resources you have on you when you die. 

The items you will be able to craft will be as good as end game items. Items will need to be repaired often or they will break and become useless. In order to repair those items you will have to find someone that can craft that item. Crafters will also have to specialize in certain items to master it so you cant learn everything. 

They are going for the Star Wars Galaxies type crafting/economy. Which was very important. They may not succeed but that is their goal.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    rodarin said:

Give EVE a try if you want crafting that makes money, especially if you get your distribution correct.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon