Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tekken 7 Gameplay PS4 / Xbox One / PC

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited June 2017 in General Gaming
Looking really good. I am holding out on Injustice 2 for this one. 

Release June 2

Post edited by Mikeha on

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited May 2017

edited May 2017

• 13thBen13thBen Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Akuma on tekken? WTF! it's awsome :D
    Mikeha
    Updated with video showing the first 15 minutes!
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Been playing for 36 hour. My left thumb is already growing a second layer of skin, haven't had that for like 10 years now. I'm going to sleep a bit now. 

Btw, when you play the campaign, Akuma feels right at home. 
    Mikeha
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Gorwe said:
    Been playing for 36 hour. My left thumb is already growing a second layer of skin, haven't had that for like 10 years now. I'm going to sleep a bit now. 

Maybe. He could be explained via the unearthing thing(kinda like Ogre). My question is, though: Why exactly Akuma(and not Ryu or whatever)?
    Akuma is one of the most powerful villains in video games history. Using him to end Mishima saga was a smart choice. It's obvious they have more plans regarding the link between Akuma and Kazumi. 

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Gorwe said:

Maybe. He could be explained via the unearthing thing(kinda like Ogre). My question is, though: Why exactly Akuma(and not Ryu or whatever)?
    Akuma is one of the most powerful villains in video games history. Using him to end Mishima saga was a smart choice. It's obvious they have more plans regarding the link between Akuma and Kazumi. 

Playing on PC, Xbox One or PS4?
    Recore said:
    Gorwe said:

Playing on PC, Xbox One or PS4?
    I got it on PS4 mate. 

Just picked up the deluxe version for PS4.  :D
    ConstantineMerus
  • jackybojackybo Member CommonPosts: 1
    I'm waiting for a new ps4
    I got the Platinum trophy the other day. It was way too easy, a bit disappointed over there. But you gotta be a PS freak like me for that to matter. 

Game is great, as always, for the past 20 years I always had a great deal of fun playing it. I do have some complaints though:

1. No Michelle/Julia: either the mother or the daughter were part of Tekken since the original. 
    2. No Anna: Nina is there, so should be her sister. :|
    3. No Lei Wulong: this is horrible. His character was based on Jackie Chan, as Law was based on Bruce Lee. He's been a major character since T2. Not sure why he ain't here.
    4. No Armor King: this is the saddest character missing. Because one can hope all the above characters would appear in future patches and DLCs (they have confirmed 2), but not Armor King. Because they have merged his moveset with King, and that only means he's gone. 
    5. Lack of game modes: leaked information and rumors suggest they'll be part of the upcoming DLC. 

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I got the Platinum trophy the other day. It was way too easy, a bit disappointed over there. But you gotta be a PS freak like me for that to matter. 

Game is great, as always, for the past 20 years I always had a great deal of fun playing it. I do have some complaints though:

1. No Michelle/Julia: either the mother or the daughter were part of Tekken since the original. 
    2. No Anna: Nina is there, so should be her sister. :|
    3. No Lei Wulong: this is horrible. His character was based on Jackie Chan, as Law was based on Bruce Lee. He's been a major character since T2. Not sure why he ain't here.
    4. No Armor King: this is the saddest character missing. Because one can hope all the above characters would appear in future patches and DLCs (they have confirmed 2), but not Armor King. Because they have merged his moveset with King, and that only means he's gone. 
    5. Lack of game modes: leaked information and rumors suggest they'll be part of the upcoming DLC. 

Missing characters probably also DLC.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I just bought Tekken 7 on PC last night.  For the few hours I got to play I really liked it.  I haven't played the Tekken series since either the original or part 2 (don't remember).  I've always heavily favored Street Fighter and occasionally Mortal Kombat.  Since SF5 turned out to be a step down from USF4 I wanted to try a different series.

There's plenty of characters to choose from and each character has an insane number of combos, even avid fighting game players have plenty to learn and experiment.

I'm not sure if Tekken is better with a game pad or fighting stick.  Other fighting games have been a no brainer to use the fighting stick but this game feels more natural with a gamepad.

I'm wondering how online play will go.  Does it suffer from the same issues as other games with players abandoning matches the second it seems they're going to lose.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

So far I am loving the game.  My only complaint is the story mode. Its ok but I like to pick a character and get his or her story as a play through story mode. 

Jin is my main character.  :D

edited June 2017