Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: An Analogy

2»

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Talonsin said:
    rodarin said:
    2017 is looking a bit doubtful from a SQ42 perspective.

I have a feeling we might not be answering the call this year, call me crazy.
    LOL they wont even release 3.0 in 2017. At least nothing resembling what they claimed 3.0 was going to be last summer during the conventions.

They turned a corner SQ 42 was the big focus then they made it about 3.0 so that makes 3.0 pushed back at least a year the way they do things, maybe longer.
    Is it just me or do they continue to change focus after hyping a portion of the game?  2015 was the year they heavily hyped Star Marine but we did not get it.  2016 was the year for hyping SQ42 and we didnt get it.  2017 is the year of hyping 3.0 but we wont get what was advertised.
    ...and then we got SM. Sooooo are you saying we're getting SQ42 this year!! Fuck yes!! Awesome!

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    They did hype SQ42 then when the demo didn't work basically dropped it when they couldn't get it to work, now it gets added on as an addendum every once in awhile.  

No surprise as the outline they did looked like ground work.  Why they thought they could pull off a demo from this was beyond me.
    Star Citizens is becoming the new Half-Life 3 in scope 05  TweakTown

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    CrazKanuk said:
    Talonsin said:
    rodarin said:
    2017 is looking a bit doubtful from a SQ42 perspective.

I have a feeling we might not be answering the call this year, call me crazy.
    LOL they wont even release 3.0 in 2017. At least nothing resembling what they claimed 3.0 was going to be last summer during the conventions.

They turned a corner SQ 42 was the big focus then they made it about 3.0 so that makes 3.0 pushed back at least a year the way they do things, maybe longer.
    Is it just me or do they continue to change focus after hyping a portion of the game?  2015 was the year they heavily hyped Star Marine but we did not get it.  2016 was the year for hyping SQ42 and we didnt get it.  2017 is the year of hyping 3.0 but we wont get what was advertised.
    ...and then we got SM. Sooooo are you saying we're getting SQ42 this year!! Fuck yes!! Awesome!
    You got a shell of Star Marine.  Certainly nothing like Chris Roberts hyped it to be back in 2015.

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/star-marine-interview-with-chris-roberts

Also, I dont see anywhere in my post where I mentioned or predicted SQ42 would be out this year.  I guess it helps you to skip the facts of my post and make up your own.  Then again, when you are trying to justify all the false statements that Chris Roberts has made over the last few years, I guess staying away from the facts is your best strategy.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited May 2017
    I'm looking forward to 3.0 to release and we will be able to do everything that was shown on 3.0's Gamescon demo last year.

All they need to achieve that is already presented on 3.0s production schedule. ;)

Then the "fake demo" will become "fake gameplay". xD